“Best hotel in bali”
Review of The Oberoi Bali

The Oberoi Bali
Ranked #11 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the best location, access to all the hustle and bustle of Seminyak, yet when you walk into the Oberoi it's a quiet, peaceful slice of heaven. Have stayed in many hotels in bali and now we keep coming back here- it's amazing !!!!! Love love love!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Busybean
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

4/4/14

Dear Busybean,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here and that the gardens, location, and quiet ambience were appreciated by you.

Thank you for having stayed with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We travel the world staying in 5 star hotels and all I can say is it should have 6. We originally booked 5 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks. I can't recommend it enough. In a beautiful location , serene and quiet yet 5 minutes from the best area in Bali for shopping and restaurants. The staff cannot do enough for you and make you feel very special, the rooms are lovely and the suites are very gorgeous. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, I am already planning my return. Trust me you will not be disappointed, faultless and very sad to leave

Room Tip: Any room but push the boat out and get a suite or villa , they are beautiful with private pools
1  Thank CaronBrown

Dear CaronBrow,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Oberoi was a very special place. I’m confident I would have loved it under any circumstances, but when we arrived we were told we’d been upgraded to a villa. That sounded good, but I can’t overstate how spectacular the villa was. I was expecting something with maybe a plunge pool, but this was a big, full-sized pool. Four separate fish ponds spread around the property, all enclosed in high walls for total privacy. A great lanai where twice we had lunch delivered. And of course the room itself was wonderfully comfortable. This was a “lifestyle of the rich and famous” experience.

Outside our not-so-little compound, everything was pretty much perfect as well. The breakfasts were wonderful, the pool had great views of the ocean, and the service was impeccable. As we were leaving I chatted with one of the guys helping with luggage. Turns out he spent a year in training at the Setai in Miami Beach, a very high-end hotel we know well. I realized when we left that the training should perhaps go in the other direction – the Setai should send their staff to the Oberoi to see how it’s done right!

As if that weren’t enough, I had a bit of an accident while I was there, entirely my fault, and the staff couldn’t have been more helpful – called a doctor to our room immediately, had a car take me to the emergency room for treatment, checked on me when I got back to make sure everything was OK. This was just icing on the cake, though – you don’t need a trip to the emergency room to discover that the Oberoi knows how to provide great service.

Thanks for a really great stop in Lombok!

1  Thank CambridgeJim2014

Dear Cambridge,

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit to The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy that you have recognised the most valuable asset, the warm, friendly and efficient Balinese staff who I am fortunate to work amongst.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed in bali during our HM, we stayed at some other hotel but some one told us to visit kura kura restaurant at Oberois. So we decided to visit this place during dinner time. OMG what a hotel complete heaven on earth with so much positive ambience everywhere. Kura Kura restaurant fullfills all your delicacy needs with so romantic atmosphere. With Dim lights, Candle light perfect dinner, sea view and feel of music played by local musician is perfect for complete romantic dinner experience. We also visit here again for breakfast the very next morning.

We then decided whenever we visit bali again we'll definitly stay at this exclusive prime property of bali, hotel with complete gestures of hospitality with complete soulful ambience - The Oberoi.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rajiv K

Dear Rajiv K,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after spending your Honeymoon in Bali and thank you for visiting our Kura Kura Restaurant.
I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your meal here and that the gardens, service, cuisine and Balinese atmosphere have been enjoyed by you.
We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the night before our wedding and wedding night. The staff were very attentive and took great care of us. The room was flawless and the grounds were beautiful (we had honeymoon pictures taken in the gardens). Dinner at the restaurant was superb. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caryn_n_olly
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

20/3/14

Dear Caryn_n_olly,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after spending your wedding night with us here at The Oberoi, Bali. Congratulations!

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your time here and that the gardens, service, accommodation, cuisine and Balinese atmosphere have been enjoyed by you.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I don't give this my 'best hotel ever' rating lightly. What makes a hotel (in my opinion) is it's staff. This hotel has the best employees I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in my life, hand down. Very courteous, kind, extremely helpful and always smiling. We even met the GM of the hotel who wanted to know if we needed anything and inquired on our stay. The hotel has an authentic Balinese feel to it which made it all the more nice in comparison to other more modern-contemporary hotels on the island. The rooms are large and very clean, so are the bathrooms. The food at the hotel is fantastic, from the breakfast, to the lunch options and of course the dinner (at the fine dining restaurant) which we ate at twice during out stay since it was that good.

If I ever get a chance to go back to Bali, I'll be staying at this hotel again and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic Balinese experience.

Room Tip: Our room had a partial sea-view which was just fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank ghazij
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

20/3/14.

Dear ghazij,

I was delighted that we had the opportunity to meet and I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the traditional architecture, location, warm Balinese staff, services, and setting here at The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy to note that our location on the beach has also been enjoyed by you.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is simply a stand-out hotel in a beautiful location. We were well taken care of from arrival to departure. The room was fantastic, in one of the lanais dotted around the immaculate grounds. We were also incredibly well fed. Breakfast was amazing; so much choice and (for once) not a buffet with everything prepared to order. We also chose to dine on 4 nights out of 7 in the hotel's own restaurant. The Executive Chef presides over one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten in (and I eat in a lot!). But the thing that makes this hotel so special - beyond the location, the rooms, the facilities and the wonderful food - is the staff. I've never seen so many smiles, all apparently genuine. Nothing was too much trouble, not even removing a gecko from our room at 11.30 at night! It's a very long way from London, yet I suspect we will return before too long.

Room Tip: We had the cheapest room (garden facing lanai) and it was outstanding.
1  Thank MH2806

20/3/14.

Dear Mh 2805,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your visit here and that you have enjoyed the traditional architecture, location, cuisine, services, and setting here at The Oberoi, Bali. I am happy that you have recognised the cuisine and the care and attention accorded by Chef Enrico Wahl and his brigade.

I am sorry that a noisy gecko disturbed the peace and quiet in your room, but I am happy to note he was escorted away from your room efficiently and with a smile.