“Divine, Balinese style luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oberoi Bali

The Oberoi Bali
Ranked #11 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Caloundra, Australia
“Divine, Balinese style luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ocean view room, every morning we woke up there was the sea to greet us, plus a daily newspaper. The quality of the services provided by the staff is the best I have experienced in Bali - and the world.
The room is big, and fancy, but has a Bali feel to it which is exactly what we were looking for. The bed could've been a little softer, but that is a personal thing.

The pool is the best way to spend an afternoon. Nothing is too much trouble.
Location is amazing (next to Ku De Ta) great shopping, gorgeous Seminyak Beach.
We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found the quality warm and friendly Balinese staff service, setting and style of the resort has met with your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vadodara, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

They make you feel like a king. Very centrally located but still very peaceful , close to the beach, shopping , restaurants , clubs . Very helpful staff. Very nice rooms (cottages) . Clean ,modern with local touch. Excellent service. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Sea view cottages are the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pradeepv
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary comments on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you found the services, environment, style, and setting of The Oberoi, Bali have met with your expectations. I am happy to note the staff made you feel 'royal'.

Thank you for staying with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

De Haan, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The charming resort is located on Legian beach and it was built in 1970's. Great hospitality: outstanding service in the restauarant, at the pool or at the reception. At breakfast, the staff welcomed us personally by name from the second morning on. An a la carte breakfast is served with a choice of fresh fruits, pastries, dairy products and a variety of hot dishes. We also enjoyed the Thursday evening bbq of grilled meats and seafood with gamelan music and dance performance.

The only problem in our villa with a direct view of the ocean was the noise of the ocean waves at night; due to the pyramid structure of the roof this noise is amplified (the roof works as an audio-amplifier). Lanais farther away from the beach may be more quiet but they may be less cooler than the villas close to the beach..
We suggest the Ultimo restaurant on Jalan Kayu Aya, where we enjoyed an excellent western style dinner and we returned here another evening..

Room Tip: Lanais may be quieter than villas with the noise of the ocean waves but the villas offer more space...
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and the services, environment, style and setting of The Oberoi, Bali met with your expectations and that the magic of Bali and this historic resort in Seminyak has made you say " charming resort".

Unfortunately, regret that the villa assigned to you were ocean view, where you were disturbed by noise of ocean waves at night.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

It's hard to find a place in Bali that is not for hooneymooners (and not Kuta)!, the staff is just fantastic, they called us by name the whole time, they will always make their best to pamper you and make you smile.., even the guy that polishes your sunglasses. Only downside is the bed has a big wood frame where I kept hitting becase the beds are high. Definitly recommend... There were some families (I don't like screaming kids) but the parents kept them quiet.. :))) Breakfast is great!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the service from the team has met with you expectations. I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfasts served seaside at our Frangipani cafe.

I'm sorry you found the traditional Balinese beds challenging. I'm glad the families you encountered were well behaved.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of one day again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I (in our late 30's) stayed here for a "kid-free" 3 nights in October. The service, as other reviewers have all mentioned, is amazing, from the VIP check-in at the airport (worth paying extra for) through to arrival and constant smiles and attention all through the stay. We stayed on a long weekend when the hotel was full but it still seemed very peaceful. We were disappointed however that as SLH members, an upgrade was not only unavailable but we were given a room as far away from the ocean as possible, facing the tennis court at the back of the property. The upside was it was quiet; but then most of the hotel is anyway.

The breakfast was not your standard buffet slop but beautiful meals cooked to order (basically anything your heart desires!) It was supremely relaxing to sit and watch the surf and eat my gorgeous eggs florentine! - one morning I was alone as my husband took a diving trip, and the staff couldn't do enough to make sure I was OK (at one stage I was being looked after by four of them!). We also had a dinner at Kura Kura and it was DELICIOUS, the best satay we've EVER had (and we live in Singapore!) and really incredible chicken tandoori.

The only downside I feel people need to be aware of is that this is one of the oldest hotels in the area, and it's starting to look like it. Reception doesn't have the "wow factor" of most of the Asian hotels I've visited. The gardens are beautiful as are the rooms inside (especially the bathroom!) but the paths and buildings are worn-looking grey stone. The pool area was particularly disappointing to me; a plain rectangular pool with faded sun umbrellas over the loungers. A little update wouldn't go astray (even a new set of umbrellas) just to give this beautiful place the edge it deserves and to justify the fairly hefty price tag. One final comment - there were a few kids around but not many; but there is no way I'd come here with my two young boys - they'd be bored silly!!

Overall it is lovely place for a relaxing holiday but if you are after new and modern I'd perhaps look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I'd splash out for an ocean view room but check you aren't directly facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank london1000
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit at The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found the quality of service, the cuisine, and the warm and friendly Balinese staff has met with your expectations.

I do apologise that due to high occupancy and the recent long weekend holiday, an upgrade was not available. I assure you that your stay is important to us as a valued SLH member. The 6 hectares The Oberoi, Bali sits upon is indeed the greenest part of beachfront left in Seminyak, Bali. I am glad that you enjoyed the peace and quiet amidst the garden setting at your room.

As you mention, The Oberoi is one of the most mature properties in Bali. The Oberoi opened in 1978, and was developed over the period of 1978-1986. If Indonesia had a historic register, The Oberoi, Bali would surely top the list for Bali landmarks. The style of architecture is intentionally Balinese. Although it may not have the "wow" factor that you have experienced at other (probably newer) resorts, the historical and cultural integrity of Bali's unique culture is what drives The Oberoi, Bali's design and decor.

Subtle developments and upgrades have taken place over the years however very carefully and with a mindful eye towards ensuring the Balinese flavour of this property is maintained. More are planned for the future to keep in step with international travellers needs and expectations.

I thank you for your comments on which visible areas you feel need attention.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to The Oberoi, Bali once again

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for eight nights in September as part of our honeymoon and the experience was stunning. The beautiful breakfast, the immaculate rooms, the attention to detail in the bar, the stunning restaurant and service within are all superb. This hotel really does set the standard for five star accommodation and was a perfect location for a relaxing piece of Balinese hospitality. Thank you so much to all at the hotel for being so fabulous and making our honeymoon stay one that we will never forget.

2 Thank CLund99
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your honeymoon visit and you found the whole experience was stunning. Indeed it is a joy for me to work with such a wonderful team of people here in Bali. I am happy to note that they looked after you well and left you with fond honeymoon memories.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to tone day welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali for your anniversary.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Staying in this hotel was an extraordinary experience. The staff is always friendly and will go out of their way to make ANYTHING happen for you. We felt incredibly pampered and as if serving our needs was truly the staff's pleasure. The concierge was available and very helpful making arrangements, even until 11PM at night. The hotel grounds are also spectacular with incredible beach views from the length of the hotel and the rooms are lovely. We went to see the other hotels in this price range in Seminyak and the Oberoi is hands down a more beautiful location. Breakfast at the cafe (included in our room rate) was sublime with incredible selection, service, and views to die for of the beautiful beach in front of the hotel. The grounds also include a beautiful pool and tennis court. The hotel is well located 100 meters from Ku De Ta (also highy recommended) and a very good selection of restaurants. Transportation to and from the airport was also included. This was an unforgettable hotel experience for our family of six including two teenagers and two grandparents. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Andrew S
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that the services, landscape, setting, and style of The Oberoi, Bali has met with your expectations of a Balinese holiday.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you and your family to The Oberoi, Bali in the near future.