“Oberio - Superb - 10 out of 10”
Review of The Oberoi Bali

The Oberoi Bali
Ranked #10 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Oberio - Superb - 10 out of 10”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Anyone that is critical of this hotel is mad!! Either that or they need to get a life!

The rooms, grounds, views and facilities are outstanding.

The staff are polite, friendly, very professional, always smile and go out of there way to assist.

The hotel is a little paradise away from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak itself.

The restaurants are outstanding although a little expensive....but then you pay for the quality, the views and the service.

We had an amazing sea view and absolutely loved it, would certainly recommend this.

If we didn't live so far away (Scotland) we would most certainly return year after year.

Thanks to the Oberoi for making our stay perfect......we couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 241.....great view, and down at the far end of the gardens so nice and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor after your visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found the warm and friendly Balinese staff, setting and style of the resort and food has met with your expectations. We wish you could return each year as well.

Thank you for staying with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of one day welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali and the island of the gods.

Email : john.halpin@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My beautiful new wife and myself stayed at the Oberoi for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon. When deciding which hotel to stay in it was a choice between this and the Legian. I am so so so pleased with chose the Oberoi! This hotel has it all. We could not have asked for a better weeks stay at the most luxurious and tranquil hotel we’ve ever been too. The breakfast in the mornings were incredible, choose anything / everything off the menu. Really good quality food and incredible service. Our room was lovely. Loved the bathroom layout, fruit every day, room clean and turn down service in the evenings were an added bonus. Considering there were a min of 140 other guests, we felt like we owned the place and we were treated like royalty. That’s the incredible service they give. Some special stand out moments too. The service by the pool was on another level, whatever requests we wanted they provided without fail. The best example I can give of this great service is that we were in the business centre and looking for a DVD to watch and I’d noticed that a guest had taken out a DVD I really wanted to watch 6 days ago and not yet returned it and I only mentioned this to a member of staff in the centre just to spark a conversation (not expecting her to do anything about it). Next day we received a letter through our door to say that they've tracked down the DVD and the guest who had it were departing that evening and that when they do they’ll send someone over to deliver it, & without fail they did. To me that is what makes this place so special. Kura Kura restaurant was an another level, food to die for, service nothing less than perfection. Great location, so close to all the night life, shops yet you could be forgiven thinking you were out in the sticks somewhere. A very special place which my wife & I will never forget.

Room Tip: Lanai garden view rooms tend to be away from the beach and as the beach is a surfer beach it produce...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary comments on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you found the room, services, environment, style, setting of The Oberoi, Bali and the quality of food has met with your expectations. The beachside setting and tranquil tropical gardens are reminiscent of the Bali you remembered.

I truly appreciate your recognition of the staff who are the heart and soul of this historic beachfront resort. We are delighted that you have stayed here and feel you have made the correct decision for your honeymoon.

Thank you for staying with us, and we all look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and the grounds are immaculate, tranquil and beautiful. our room was lovely and spotlessly clean (as we found the rest of the hotel to be). Loved the sunken bath. Agree bed is high and could be a problem for the less agile but I'm 5ft 1 and managed ok! Fruit each day is great, if we left notes with requests the staff obliged.
Pool area is lovely, the endless supply of sun cream is really helpful. We found all the staff to be really friendly, kind and helpful; there were a couple of miscommunication issues but it was a case of lost in translation!
The beach is a surf beach, the oberoi has a great spot but not good for swimming (pool is though).
There are 2 restaurants one formal and more expensive, another less formal and expensive. Prices similar to uk, between £12/£25 for a main, £6 for pudding. All the meals we had there and room service were great. I agree with all reviews that drinks are expensive, whilst I see why alcohol is soft drinks are also double the price outside
Hotel provides mosquito repellant, odd ones not an issue.
Hotel bus service great, nice shops are before the bus stop (quite a long way after but you can ask to get off early). Easy to walk back from stop along the beach, takes about 45 mins. Staff will give directions.
Spa was lovely, had brilliant massage. Again similar to uk prices. Staff lovely and had amazing tea after.
Overall brilliant hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Platypusandcharlie
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post a review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found the warm and friendly Balinese staff and the quality of food has met with your expectations.

I also thank you for your comments that you found our food and drinks to be expensive compared to prices in Europe. The Indonesian government subjects imported Wines to extremely high taxes and import duties. Our prices look higher than you may see outside, but in comparison, we include the 21% tax and service charge in our price. Most businesses add 21% tax and service charge on top of published prices. Drinks served poolside, in the bar and restaurant, are inclusive of tax and service charge. Self served drinks from the mini bar are not. I hope that this helps to clarify that our pricing is not more expensive than other venues who add the tax and service at the end of the bill.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the lovely 'Oberoi Bali' for a week and I can thoroughly recommend the hotel. Individual villas are set in the magnificent gardens, and the accomodation is truly first class. The gardens are a spectacular feature of the hotel with lots of water features and many statues of Balinese mythological characters.Very well tended with imaculate lawns. Restaurants and Bar where first class, with different culinary themes each evening,and with Balinese dancers on several occasions. Staff superb with excellent service! Always smiling and polite (even the gardeners!), and always ready to 'go the extra mile' to be helpful. Superb Food!!! A good centre to visit the rest of the island, if you can be lured away from the pool and gardens!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew L
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the services, cuisine, environment, style, and setting of The Oberoi, Bali. We truly appreciate your recognition of the staff who are the heart and soul of this historic beachfront resort.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The highlight of the Oberoi was definitely the setting. The grounds are gorgeous, the beachfront is more private than the rest of Seminyak and Kuta, and the private villas are like a little slice of heaven. We usually like more boutique type of hotels as we don't typically enjoy the massive sprawls with lots of rooms, and the Oberoi was able to deliver that boutique experience with the quality it's known for.
The alcohol there is definitely overpriced ($20 for a glass of simple wine), so I would definitely venture out for some meals and sunsent happy hours along the beach. But overall really thrilled with the service and would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank TravelingMaia
Dear Guest,

I also thank you for your comments about wine prices.. Wines are subject to extremely high taxes and import duties in Indonesia. Of note is that The Oberoi publishes prices inclusive of tax and service charge, most restaurants and hotels on the island add 21% tax and service on top of the prices they display at the end of the bill.

Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to the opportunity of again welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I travel to Bali twice a year and have the pleasure of sharing our most recent stay at The Oberoi!
I honestly cannot think of a more magnificent residence away from home than The Oberoi, Bali. From it's location, on the Indian Ocean, to the breathtakingly delightful staff and perfectly gracious manager, Jon Halpin, The Oberoi offers a perfect escape from the rigors of everyday life to an oasis that epitomizes the wonders of Bali. We have stayed in over 20 resorts in Bali, from hotels to villas and nothing comes close to the quiet elegance that is the Oberoi. I am home just over a week and I can still feel the lovely ocean breezes caressing my heart as I relaxed, poolside.
We also had the pleasure of introducing a friend to The Oberoi and she, like my husband and I, look forward to our return visit in January!

Room Tip: There simply can't be a bad room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Agabhumi
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at The Oberoi Bali, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you have again enjoyed your stay with us, and that you have taken more good memories away from this beautiful island. I am so pleased to know that you are returning in January with your friend and husband once again.

Thank you for staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again in January to The Oberoi, Bali.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

After escaping from our previous hotel, these guys were just wonderful and as we'd previously stayed at the Oberoi Lombok, they pulled out all stops to get us out of a major quandary. We stayed in a garden villa, which was a little away from everything, which we loved - there is only 70 odd rooms here so it is the epitome of understated luxury - could of stayed there forever.

The location of the hotel is perfect as it only about 10 minutes walk to the shops/cafes/restaurants of Seminyak so you can pick the best of both worlds and is right on Seminyak beach. Far enough away not be noisy and busy but close enough to get there.

You cannot fault the food, service, location, staff - I'd lost my 'everyday' watch and the staff tracked it down to our previous hotel (The Oberoi, Lombok) and within 24 hours had my watch back - nothing was ever too much trouble and I would not hestitate to go back there in heartbeat.

2 Thank Annie T
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor after your recent visit to The Oberoi, Bali.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and the warm and friendly Balinese staff, environment, style and setting of The Oberoi, Bali and the quality of food met your expectations. I was also pleased that we were able to find and return your watch to you .