My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon to Hong Kong and Bali and during our trip we decided to stay for 8 days at The Legian. We have never written a review before but felt the need to put pen to paper as it was such an amazing decision staying here! Before we arrived, we had read the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor and had actually by chance met several people who had also stayed here and couldn't fault the hotel so we were really excited before our holiday had even started!
The hotel itself is simply beautiful with immaculate grounds and infinity pool area. We stayed in a huge one bedroom deluxe suite on the third floor which had clearly been designed with sumptuous taste and and it boasted magnificent sea views. When we arrived a gorgeous honeymoon cake and bottle of champagne was waiting for us!
The second main point we feel the need to make is the staff- they are so caring and considerate and can't do enough for you to the point at times when we felt slightly embarrassed that they wouldn't even let us move our deck chair ourselves but this isn't done in a pretentious way. We told them it was fine we could do it and their response was simply ''relax you are on holiday''.They genuinely go out of their way to ensure that you have an experience of a lifetime.
The concierge and reception staff were very helpful and were able to advise on some wonderful restaurants and day trips (we did Elephant Safari - definitely a must). The two managers are a credit to the hotel and were always walking around speaking to us and other guests to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. Nothing was ever too much trouble and there is clearly great communication between all teams at the hotel.
The staff all address you by name, know your order at breakfast, your favourite drink and where you prefer to sunbathe!
The breakfast at the hotel is very tasty and we found that there was a wide variety of cereals, yogurt, fruit and breads etc and hot dishes on the menu to choose from (everything hot is cooked fresh for each person). The lunches were divine and we were also offered complimentary afternoon tea each afternoon at 4pm. We never got round to dining at the hotel restaurant but the menu looked delicious and other guests have commented on the high standard of the food there. The hotel is so well located that you are literally a 5 minute walk away from a bustling road filled with restaurants and bars and lovely clothing and swimwear shops.
We also made use of the gym which had all exercise equipment one would require and every morning it offers a free yoga class for all guests. As part of our honeymoon package we received a 1 hour complimentary Balinese massage in the spa which was fantastic!
If you go to Bali DO NOT stay anywhere else - we can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak