“Excellence in all areas”
Review of The Legian Bali

The Legian Bali
Ranked #7 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is a fantastic property. From the moment I engaged with their staff to make the reservation right to the time I left the property to join my flight home I can honestly say this is the best experience I've had from a hotel.

I was immediately impressed with the excellent grasp of English from the reservations team , which was mirrored by all the staff members I met in the resort.
The expedited arrivals service is excellent, as Bali airport is very busy this helps smooth you into your holiday.

On arrival we were given a welcome drink and again I was very impressed with the open, friendly and direct approach of the staff members in the front desk team. They made a point of addressing all the questions I had raised via e-mail when making my initial reservation which put me at ease.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very spacious and well set-up. Everything at this resort just works, from the DVD/Blueray rental to room service and laundry, its always great service with a genuine warm smile. The spa is also excellent , both my girlfriend and I had treatments and loved them. I was originally worried about mosquitoes but the housekeeping made a point of setting up the bedroom area with plugin zappers every night and we were subsequently not troubled at all.

Food and beverage excellent - breakfast especially so. The views of the beach at night from the pool and bar areas are just amazing, I will remember this for many years to come.

I can't wait to return! Every single small thing in this resort is carefully thought out and managed - an example being the jasmine plants placed on podiums on each floor every night in a pool of light which gives a marvellous scent and zen feel as you retire - just amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank auzzieboy_10
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear auzzieboy_10,

We are truly pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed everything from the expedited arrival at the airport and warm welcome at the hotel to the personalized service received during your stay. It is rewarding to learn that the team and premises exceeded your expectations in every way possible and we were able to create a memorable holiday for the two of you.

All of us at The Legian Bali look forward to welcoming you both back very soon to experience more.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Forget the brand name hotels, The Legian is a gem in Bali's crowded hotel landscape. Exceptional yet understated service. Attention to detail like no other. And what a view...rolling breakers and the view down the beach. This is my version of Heaven. We've been back each year for the last 7 years.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. The bigger suites have a day bed on the balcony, which are fabulous for lou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear J_Class_Travel,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us again and we are very happy to hear that the exceptional service, the sensational views and the attention to details make The Legian a beautiful gem in Bali.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali very soon to experience more.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Travelling to Bali for the first time with our 14month old baby in tow, The Legian has put my "Bali with Babies" nervousness at ease. We chose to stay in a spacious two bedroom suite as our little cherub is used to having his own room and ensuite thank you very much!
Cot was provided with mozzie net, the microwave set up so I can prepare any meals. Perfect.
Poolside service is fantastic and there is ample room in the two kids pools plus the adult infinity pool I front.
My Ren facial and head massage at The Spa was probably the best facial I've ever had by a lovely lady with magic soft hands.
Thank you to The Legian for helping us all to enjoy a great holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yallingupkk

Dear Yallingupkk,

Thank you very much for staying with us and writing a review on your experience at The Legian Bali. The team was delighted to hear that they were able to fulfill your needs in order for you to enjoy the other facilities and services at the hotel.

We very much look forward to welcoming your family and you back to The Legian Bali.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was my third visit to The Legian. There is something that keeps drawing me back...the beautiful setting right on the beach, great design of hotel (which continues to be maintained with utmost care), exceptional service (from the manager to the maintenance staff) and amazing food. The rooms are spacious with large balconies. The sight and sound of the crashing waves is inspiring. I have travelled to many many places but few places have made me as happy as The Legian.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Dear dsbali,

Thank you very much for returning back to The Legian Bali and reviewing your stay with us once again. We are all very happy to read that the exceptional service, beautifully landscaped lawns, the architecture and the location of The Legian put together draws you back time and time again to experience true Balinese hospitality.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My partner and I have stayed here more than 12 times. We've tried other 5 star properties in Bali over the years but The Legian offers the best overall 5 star Bali experience. The hotel is perfectly located overlooking Seminyak beach and it's an easy walk to several good bars and restaurants. The hotel standards are very high. The suites are large and decorated with a fusion of traditional Balinese and contemporary design. The design of the restaurant, pool and the grounds is a standout with considerable emphasis on symmetry and style. The staff also play an integral role in making your stay so complete. You will meet the GM (Kevin) or his assistant (Rohaan) at check-in or later, wandering around the hotel grounds checking that you are enjoying your stay. The other staff too seem to go out of their way to help. Whether it's Sutrarama being helpful around the pool or young Henry in the grounds enthusiastically refilling your glass with iced water at every opportunity or any of the other staff you will likely come across. The new chef (a French trained Aussie) is also having a big impact on the appeal of the hotel. The Legian is hard to fault and hard to beat.

Room Tip: I choose a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wstanborough

Dear wstanborough,

It was a pleasure to welcome you both back to The Legian Bali and thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed and continue to enjoy the timeless and traditional Balinese design of our suites and resort. It is also rewarding to learn that loyal supporters like you appreciate and notice all the improvements made. Sutra, Henry, Chef Luke and others were very pleased to hear your comments and recognition for their service.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to your home in Bali very soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I travel a lot for business flying biz class and staying at 5 star hotels (mostly American chains). This hotel and it's sister hotel in Oman are something else altogether. They are outstanding. Spend the extra $ and stay at this hotel. It is worth it. Yoga each day is fab. Room appointment is outstanding and generously proportioned. Restaurants are very good. Pools and staff are excellent. Cannot speak highly enough of this place. Love it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Robert S,

On behalf of the entire team at The Legian, I would like to thank you for staying with us and writing a review on your stay. We are truly pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the facilities and services that we have to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Legian Bali and hope you are able to experience other GHM hotels as well in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had a treatment in the spa in February, it was just one of the most beautiful experience I ever had. All the ambience, settings, and details of the service protocols were just finely designed. The operational flow is so simple and smooth. The deco, shower and bathtub were all the best quality but not too much. Had an 1.5 hours Blianess massage with the windows open, I just couldn't help myself fall into sleep. So peaceful! The spa director Suwendra is really professional. Greeted us when we entered and asked our expereince when the treatment finished. Most amazing thing is the retail area. The high quality products and the arrangement of display really invited us done so much shopping. This is one of the most beautiful spas I will highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Johnny C,

Thank you very much for visiting The Spa at The Legian and writing a review on your experience. Suwendra and his team were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your treatment and that you found the level of service, the products and facilities at The Spa to be of a very high standard.

The team at The Spa looks forward to welcoming you back to experience other treatments in the future.