My husband and I stayed at The Club Legian in a Villa between 21st December 2013 - 3rd January 2014. The trip was sublime. We have visited Bali extensively in the past 8 years - mostly in Seminyak which is our favorite spot. We have stayed in Villas as well as Hotels. This trip was by far the most enjoyable because of the quality of service and attention provided by the management and staff at The Legian.
The Villas are beautiful, well furnished and very private. The Club Legian benefits which include the services of a Butler was outstanding. The mini bar including alcohol (Gin, Whiskey and Vodka) and snacks (M&Ms, Peanuts and crisps) were all complimentary and replenished daily. The laundry service was also one of the best features of this service. All clothes were collected daily, laundered, ironed and re-hung back in the wardrobe each day. Coming home with no washing to do is such a luxury.
Our Butler Yoni epitomized exactly what a Butler should be – highly attentive, discreet and unobtrusive. In addition she understood and spoke perfect English. She was there when we needed her and absent when we didn’t. Nothing was too much trouble – she even travelled to Denpasar to collect a prescription that we could get locally. That is true service. The little touches were also very thoughtful. My husband wasn’t too well for a day or so and we returned to our villa after popping out to find a message written in peddles on our pathway saying “Hope you feel better soon”. Such a simple gesture but very personal which is rare nowadays.
The General Manager Kevin made an effort to find us and introduce himself early in the holiday. He is professional and very attentive. His team including the staff in the Spa, the restaurant, around the pool, the drivers, concierge, front desk all speak and understand English exceptionally well. They are all highly customer service focused and committed to making every guest feel attended to. We stayed at a large and very well known International hotel in Bali last Christmas and the level of service that the Legain provide leaves this chain standing. In short well done to Kevin and his team because it isn’t easy to offer this level of service on such a consistent basis.
In the spirit of offering a balanced and construction perspective for all readers I must mention a few items that I believe can be improved. The Villas whilst utterly gorgeous are very dark both day and night. Maybe a few simple upgrades in the lighting department would make them a tad lighter. It was the rainy season when we were there which we were aware of. That meant a few days were spent in the villa. Some of the time we spent watching television. The furniture in the living room (1 sofa 2 chairs) whilst aesthetically lovely to look at wasn’t that comfortable to lounge on for longish periods of time. Also the TV by today’s standards was tiny. Plus there was only 1 TV in the villa (in the Living area) which meant that I didn’t have the option of watching something different to my husband. In other hotels/Villas that we have stayed at there is usually a TV in the bedroom and Living area – and sometimes one in the bathroom! One final observation which I apply to all hotels that have Villas in Seminyak – why are they built in an area aware from the Ocean. I understand the need to create seclusion and privacy but it is a shame that you can’t do that whilst also trying to give the guest an aspect that includes the beach and Sea. When we go back to the Legian which we are this year in August we will opt to stay in one of the Suites that face the Ocean – it’s such a beautiful aspect. I hope this is helpful to all that read it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 14 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak