We spent a too-brief time at the Legian right at the end of August. From the moment of arrival, when we were greeted by Kevin, the GM, to the sad moment of departure, we were treated with the greatest of care and attention by everyone. To be greeted by name by all the wait staff in the restaurants and around the pools is very impressive. This little touch makes one feel very special and pampered. Check-in was prompt, easy and pleasant, as was checkout. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at the Legian...
We had a studio suite on the ground floor facing the beach, with its own little verandah as well as another spot with two sunbeds. This direct access to the lawn, the pools and the beach makes these rooms very well worth the money. There's no need to go through any of the more public areas to get to the water, and this makes for a genuine sense of privacy.
The room was spacious, impeccably clean and quite luxurious. The bathroom was gorgeous and enormous and the bed was very comfortable. My only (tiny) quibble is that there weren't any bedside tables and so one must put the glass of water, the Kindle and the reading glasses on the floor before sleeping - no big deal, just a very minor thing.
We ate tapas in the Pool Bar the first night, and the food was delicious. On the second night the GM hosted a cocktails and canapes evening by the pool, and we had a splendid time. On the Friday, it was my partner's birthday and in what is turning out to be something of a tradition in hotels when we travel in August, we were greeted at breakfast with glasses of champagne, a beautiful little spongecake with a candle, and the staff singing 'Happy birthday'. It's going to be so hard to spend birthdays at home from now on!!! This is such a lovely thoughtful gesture on the part of hotel management, and I'm sure always appreciated.
We had decided to do almost nothing during our brief stay, except a little burst of shopping, and so we spent many hours on sunbeds, watching the rather fierce surf pounding into the beach and intrepid tourists dealing with big unruly waves. We were plied with beers and snacks by an assiduous group of wait staff, who were all charming, helpful and quick!
On our last night (getting ready for the brutal 1.00 am flight from Denpasar to Adelaide), we ate at the hotel restaurant, and we were agreeably surprised by the prices, given that this is a 5 star hotel. Our meal was delicious and served poolside, with braziers illuminating the three infinity pools, with the surf breaking just beyond. Truly a magical and delightful experience!
This is a seriously lovely hotel, with outstanding management and staff, and they all rightly deserve the positive reviews seen here on TA. I wish I could award 6 stars! I will recommend this hotel without reservation, and hope to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Legian Bali is an exclusive all-suite hotel set in landscaped tropical gardens, offering unrivalled views across the Indian Ocean. Flanked by quiet beach, this luxurious property offers a unique chance to experience the magical island of Bali in a relaxed setting. Beautifully integrated within landscaped gardens and lotus ponds, The Legian Bali boasts 67 sea-facing suites plus The Beach House in an ample variety of exquisite accommodation style. Situated in a quiet enclave in Seminyak, and adjacent to the exclusive The Legian Bali, a cluster of 11 private villas stands majestically amid scented gardens and private pools. This exquisite residence that redefines luxury living in the tropics is The Club at The Legian, offering guests the ultimate in privacy, and unobtrusive, yet flawless, personalised service. The Legian Bali and The Club at The Legian present all the charms of Balinese hospitality in its personable service, customised spa treatments and alluring surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Legian Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Bali Seminyak
- Legian Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Legian Hotel Bali
- Legian Seminyak
- Bali Legian
- The Legian Bali Seminyak