“Perfect beach holiday stop in Bali”
Review of The Legian Bali

The Legian Bali
Ranked #7 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at the Legian Bali with my parents, brother and girlfriend. After being unhappy with another 5* hotel, we decided to move to the Legian, they were absolutely great to accommodate us at short notice. The welcome at the hotel was very warm and the receptionists were very professional and speedy with the checkin. Waiting in the lobby we had our welcome drink and we really liked the big photography on the walls (thinking of buying one of the portraits from the artist).

The rooms were extremely clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, I had great night sleep in the bed even though I was in pain after having broken my foot a couple days before.

The gym is a good size with a couple of running machines (I don’t understand people going for runs inside when you have the amazing beach at your doorstep), a selection of free weights and machines & finally a sauna.

The most amazing feature of the hotel is its location and beachfront sunbeds/pools. The beach and sea right in front of the Legian is to die for. Anybody who enjoys a good wave can take some of the hotels bodyboards and venture into the sea, or just swim in one of the pools and enjoy the breathtaking views from the pool. The hotel is far enough away from Kuta, so its less crowded and you can thoroughly relax. But if you want to go for a walk on the beach, you can go for mils until you get to Kuta.

The only negative point for the hotel is that there is a lack variety for dinner at the hotel and prices are expensive. The food quality is great and service is very professional, but a lot of guests opt to dine in the town outside of the hotel, the concierge is happy to give some recommendations. The special barbecue by the beach where the food is served as a buffet was a good option as well.

Overall I can not rate the Legian high enough, it is one of my favorite hotels I stayed at and would recommend it to anybody visiting Bali. One of my favourite memories from my trip is to wake up after a good night sleep and get the great breakfast while enjoying the view of the sea....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yann G
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Yann G,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to learn that you unexpectedly decided to experience The Legian and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of its hospitality. I am glad that you were able to soak in the sun and surf, relax at the beach front beds, indulge in the food and look forward to a great breakfast every morning after a good night’s sleep.

Thank you in advance for recommending it to others and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Legian Bali

Reviewed August 10, 2013

From the moment of arrival, we were given an excellent service. All we had to do was hand in our ID and credit card and they took care of the rest while we enjoyed the welcome drink and the beautiful lobby. I am not sure whether it was because we paid debit, but we got our room upgraded from Studio to Deluxe room with two bedrooms - which we didnt even need! It was a huge, spacious room complete with its own pantry, dining room, beautiful bathroom and amazing beach-facing balcony. The bed was super comfortable - our only minor irritation was the smell of the linen which was rather damp. Other than that, it was great.

The service of the waiters was impeccable - everyone was friendly and attentive and they made us feel very comfortable but non-intrusive. We arrived on Friday and there was a Friday barbecue by the beach - which was highly recommended. You get to eat outdoor by the beach and the food is served buffet style. Try everything - seriously, the food is just out of this world!

The Pool boys did excellent jobs catering everything we needed - from magazines, cold drinks to adjusting the towels to make us feel more comfortable.

Facilities are excellent - the restaurant served really delicious food - kudos to the chef and his staff - the pool was special because it was three-tiered from the shallowest for children to the deepest (1.8 m) for adults.

The hotel was having some renovation works during our stay, and it looked a bit different from the website. It should be updated to reflect what the rooms look like now.

Extra personal touch was shown as an effort by the management, through welcome letter, which we appreciated. At the end of our stay, the manager also had a small chat with us and ask about our stay and when we would return.

Room Tip: Because we stayed in the Deluxe room, it seemed ideal for family as the other room has a huge bed an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whufwhuf
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear whufwhuf,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Legian and celebrate your wedding anniversary. My team and I are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent on the resort whether it be in the suite, by the pools, at the Seafood Indulgence and last but not least the services rendered around the hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and be assured that we will make any effort to address it.

We all look forward to welcoming you both back in order to celebrate your next wedding anniversary and make it as special as the previous one.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I need to share my disappointment with the reservation and booking process for this hotel. Firstly unlike 90% of the hotels in the immediate area they refused to quote my room rate in Australian dollars only US dollars. Secondly they did not devulge the taxes when quoting the room rate. Thirdly it was only a matter of 2 hours approximately that my circumstances changed and I notified reservations immediately to change my booking from a 2 person room to a 3 person room. This more than doubled my original room rate, it in actual fact made the whole stay out of our reach price wise. The original room amount had already been taken from my credit card and reservations would not accept my upgrade until I paid the balance now outstanding in full. Once I complained they reduced the additional person room rate by $ 20 per night and have agreed for me to pay the balance on arrival which is very generous, but unfortunately even with these concessions it still becomes a very expensive stay at this hotel. I have asked for a full refund so we can stay at another cheaper hotel, and the hotel have refused to return my money stating their no cancellation policy, which again I have search a number of hotels in the area and they do not have such a policy. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN BOOKING THIS HOTEL!!! They seem to be inflexible with their bookings, I wonder what their service will be like now I have been forced into staying there.........

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Leagh R
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Met up with my family who had been travelling around Europe in Bali for a weeks getaway from Adelaide and were staying in Seminyak at the Legian Hotel on the beach front.

The hotel is incredible... we were staying in a two bedroom suite, and I was amazed by the size of the room in its entirety, especially the main bathroom and open living area. The rooms had everything we could have wanted, bottled water available (as tap water in bali is not drinkable) and a free minibar, replenished twice daily. The housekeeping staff are impeccable, and the evening turn down service with evening snacks... a lovely added touch.

The Pools are incredible, and the lounges overlooking the pools and the beach are great for relaxing. The restaurant, whilst pricy, is worth every cent, and the service is incredible, especially at breakfast time.

The staff are amazing, so friendly and polite, and do anything they can to make your stay spectacular... even little things like saying hello and smiling when you pass them in various areas of the hotel.

Highly recommend for anyone travelling to Bali and wanting to stay in Seminyak, away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Nusa Dua.
The only downside of the hotel is now, when I stay at another hotel elsewhere in the world, nothing will compare, the service and attention to detail of the Legian was so incredible, I fear I will not find anything like it again!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Matthew S

Dear Matthew S,

Thank you very much for writing a very positive review on your stay at The Legian. I am very happy to learn that the level of service provided by our staff as well as the attention to details all around the property put together were able to create an amazing experience for you. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and they were very pleased to hear the same.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to experience more.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Our two bed roon suite is not available during check in and we are upgraded to a 3 bedroom beach house and a free lunch as apology . so I do appreciate their service and the manager , Kelvin 's hospitality . the beach house is excellent with direct access to the beach and private pool but beware of the mosquito around you.During our stay , the seminyak beach is too wavery to swim and its a big pity as we cant swim in the sea . I have tried both lunch and dinner in the hotel which has good western food .the hotel takes 10 min walking to the main seminyak square which is the closest shoppingrea . perhaps next time , I may try the hotel near the bali bay with better calm beach or the ubud area with more feature shopping . another thing to mention is the jamaran bay seafood is too pricey to try and the quality is not worth the price though the taste is not bad.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank michaelchoy

Dear michaelchoy,

Thank you very much for staying with us and it was a pleasure meeting you all. I am glad to hear that you liked The Beach House, enjoyed your time at The Legian as well as the food at The Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming your family and you back in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for six nights on the recommendation of two sets of friends (one couple and one family with 2 small children, so with quite different expectations and perspectives). Their recommendations were spot on. The manager, Kevin Abramowicz, is running a seriously high level operation in every respect and is to be congratulated for the standards he has set and is maintaining at The Legian.

The Legian is big enough to ensure that it doesn't feel as though you are staying at an empty hotel, but not so large enough that it becomes overwhelming in terms of size and number of people. The feeling is relaxing and not overly formal - the vibe is a gentle energy which we felt was perfect.

The rooms are huge and well-appointed, with understated Balinese decoration (we had a deluxe suite, which had a separate dining and lounge area and guest powder room, and could be completely closed off from the master bedroom and master bathroom). The grounds are well-maintained and the three pools brilliant. All the staff offer the highest level of kind and smiling but unobtrusive service. The breakfast is a real highlight!

There is a spa (the treatments we had were very high quality) and small but well-equipped gym.

There are less costly accommodation options in Bali, but when all of the benefits of The Legian are added up, we thought it was great value for money. We are already looking forward to when we can next return to The Legian.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the hotel part (there are also villas across the road but these are not beachfro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter3801
TheLegian B, General Manager at The Legian Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Peter3801,

A sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and extremely positive review about The Legian. I am very happy to hear that you found the facilities and other elements of The Legian to be of a very high standard as well as the services rendered by the staff to be unobtrusive and consistent.

I have relayed your positive comments to the entire team which they found very encouraging.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided upon The Legian after researching hotels on the internet and noticed the positive feed back on Trip Advisor. We struck gold. This is a seriously good hotel from every angle. Our trip to Bali was to a degree an after thought. We were on the way home from Paris and took the opportunity to break the trip and check Bali out as a potential future destination. We loved everything this hotel experience offered. Being in Seminyak it is far enough away from Kuta which was an area they we wished to avoid.The position on the beach is superb and provides a real oasis. The infinity pool and loungers elevated and overlooking the beach is the ultimate spot to relax and watch the world go by. The security at the beach entrance and front of the hotel is discreet and reassuring. We had a studio suite on the third floor overlooking the pool and ocean. This is one of the cheapest rooms in the hotel but it was incredibly generous and very impressive. The ambience and décor is stunningly beautiful. The staff are delightful, very attentive and polite. We only had four nights at the hotel and ate out at three restaurants that were highly recommended to us namely, Sarong, Sardine and Mamasan. Each of these restaurants were impressive. We decided to dine at the hotel the last night of our stay and were seated on the patio beside the pool. We selected the Chefs Menu which proved to be outstanding. Best Wagu we have ever had. We loved The Legian. Very impressive in all respects. One of the best hotels we have stayed in and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gary W

Dear Gary W,

Thank you very much for writing a review on your stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed The Legian experience and that you were impressed with all aspects of the hotel from the service of our staff, food, facilities, the discreet presence of our security personnel all the way to our suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.