“Best Coffee in Seminyak”
Review of Anomali Coffee - Seminyak - CLOSED

Anomali Coffee - Seminyak
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“Best Coffee in Seminyak”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I spent three weeks in Seminyak and this was the best coffee use by far, they have skimmed milk and the coffee was nice and strong, exactly what was needed before a long days diving. They have a small choice of morning pastries and the only criticism I have is their usage of food packaging. They used large plastic boxed and large expensive bags to place small pastries into, they look great but surely can been good for the environment, maybe look at introducing small paper bags.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Laurie A

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best Flat White”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Top notch coffee. Taste was awesome and value for money. In my humble opinion, exceeded expectation of other big coffee chain cafes. My best Flat White tasted in Bali. Had a bit of disappointment with the cakes. Ordered carrot cake but it was not fresh because it was so hard and dry. Returned the cake and was allowed to exchange for a slice of blueberry cheesecake. Still, it was nothing to shout bout it.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Definitely better than other coffee shops in the area”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went here just this morning for brunch. Going through the smoking area, Hubby thought the place looked old and knackered. Entering the A/C'd area, you'll be greeted by the smell of freshly roasted coffee. Funny that, they have a huge bean roaster just by the door ! It was heaven. It woke up my senses and couldn't wait to be seated and be served. Prices were reasonable, wide selection of brunch items on the menu. Hubby ordered soldier + soft boiled eggs topped with smoked salmon, sautéed shrooms and corned beef (?). The Anomali fried rice was spicy good, our little boy had a pancake breakfast which went with sausages, 2 eggs any style, hash + juice. Food was good, decent serving portions. Service was quick. Place you order by the counter and pay there and then. We were eating 10-15minutes from the minute we walked in. Oh, the COFFEE !! Had me a cup of latte, it was gone in under 5mins, Hubby had the Luwak via a siphon. Gorgeous aroma as the barista was pouring it, right on our table into his cup. Mmmm ! Will definitely be back ! My 4-star rating : I think it needs a couple more air-conditioning units. My 8-month old daughter was a little bit sweaty by the end of our meal. There's a baby chair if you'll need one.

Helsinki, Finland
“The best coffee in Seminyak”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the place that gives you the best coffee in Seminyak. The interior is nice and modern. They play good music and wi-fi works well.

Sydney, Australia
“Espresso was undrinkably bitter...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I have to start off by saying I take my coffee extremely seriously - I drink espressos all over the world, and I believe as such I know what I'm talking about. On this trip to Bali, I have now experienced one of the best coffees I've ever had (Vanilla Pod, Ubud) and unfortunately one of the worst - at Anomali Seminyak. It was screw-up-your-face-in-disgust bitter and undrinkable. They offered to remake it for me (which I appreciated) but alas the 2nd attempt was every bit as awful.
I added some hot milk to it (which was provided in a glass, making pouring it quite the challenge) - but nothing could disguise or ameliorate the taste of profoundly bad coffee.

We also ordered burgers, with crispy fries. The burgers were actually quite nice, but the fries were inedible - it is possible to make fries crispy without them literally dripping in oil - each fry felt positively coronary inducing - oily beyond description.

Such a shame, as it's an aesthetically appealing place, with great wifi, and friendly staff that did their best to be gracious and apologetic about the bad-coffee feedback.

1 Thank Fris B