“A beautiful secluded villa”
Review of The Lodek Villas

The Lodek Villas
Ranked #136 of 426 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a quiet, private oasis just a short walk up a driveway off the main drag of frenetic, chaotic Seminyak. It is a lovely, first rate villa – very accurate to the photos on Lodek's web site.
I fully concur with the review by emilymay_burns.
I went with my wife and two daughters – 25 and 28 year olds plus the future son-in-law. Lodek organised an extra bed to be put in my wife and my room – at extra cost [for the 25 year old].
It was a lovely villa and we enjoyed staying there [but you are isolated from the action as compared to a resort]. It was a lovely venue for family "bonding".
If you are considering a private villa I recommend it. It is a beautiful spacious sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak.
The only slight negative is that it is a long way from the beach and the name places eg. Ku De Ta and Potato Head – but taxis are ultra cheap. There ARE lots of shops nearby.
My 28 year old daughter's comments:
Perfect for family
Beautiful garden
Perfect secluded quiet haven
Oasis
Could be better location- closer to Seminyak beach or Legian
My 25 year old daughter's comments:
Very friendly staff, modern Balinese set up. Clean, spacious. And not just great for family bonding but any group get away.

Room Tip: The very rear villa I think would be the best. You only have one villa joining you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashley V
Kadek_Adnyana, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for your review and thank you for sparing your time to wrote it too. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again in the future ash, send my best to Silvia from me and be careful with the numbers you play with alright! 

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been to Bali before & previously chosen to stay away from the hustle & bustle of central tourist areas, but this trip was different in many ways: 1) the size of the group I was staying with & 2) the stunning surprise I experienced at the Lodek Villas!

I was staying with a group of 16 other people, so location & price came into the equation when selecting a place to stay - needless to say, Lou & his team at the Lodek Villas provided more than 'location & value for money'.

The extent to which Lou & staff assisted our group was beyond amazing:

I have an injury which required the hire of a wheelchair & this was organised prior to my arrival (& was a very new/modern one)

An exceptional group dinner

Excellent drivers provided to run us all around (& sometimes at short notice)

Very accommodating staff who provided a lovely breakfast each morning & were extremely polite & helpful.

Along with the fantastic service provided, the villas are well located & although in central Seminyak, they are secluded, located internally from the street front & are sheltered from street noise.

All in all the most important info is that Lou & the staff at the Lodek villas provide accommodation & service above & beyond what I've experienced elsewhere in Bali! Thanks

2  Thank Punk265
Kadek_Adnyana, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Alex,
My deepest condolence that you went for holiday with injury, but I am so glad that you enjoyed staying with us and have a great holiday in Bali. Thank you for reviewing very thoroughly about the services, I and my staff wish you to get well very soon so you may come back and enjoy more with us and it is “to infinity and beyond! services – Lou Lightyear” term that we use for delivering services

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Myself and my partner, along with 7 other couples booked out these 4 villas. Lou and his team are full of endless advice and information.
We found the villas perfect for our needs as during the day we socialised in the open plan living area and garden, while in the evenings you had the privacy of your own air conditioned bedroom and bathroom.
The decor was stunning and made for a relaxed but stylish environment.
The staff where at our bec and call, and cooked a mean breakfast. (though I will say if your the "brekky is the main meal of the day" type go for the Indonesian - rice/noodles with eggs your way - as portion size with the American just fills the gap)
To end our holiday we decided to have a traditional Balinese feast cooked for all 20 of us in our villa, which Lodek fully set up for and organised (and cleaned up afterwards) while we spent the day white water rafting.
I highly recommend organising a car as Seminyak is quite a walk to Kuta in the heat - our amazing driver Gidday (you should see him manoeuvre a bus!) was funny and helpful.
I could not give Lodek a neat 5 for value, because I know for that money there are many grand exuberant options available to you.
One thing I missed at the Villas was the ability to order cocktails/drinks from the comfort of the pool.
All in all Lodek was wonderful accommodation and I would reccomend to groups and families alike!

Dear Em,
Thank you for reviewing us! I am glad that you have a great time with us. I noticed that you have a little disappointment with the value, if I may know the reason so I am able to improve it please e-mail me through my personal mail or info@villalodek.com

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'm not one for leaving reviews but this place deserves it. Where to start ? The staff are amazing , Guday the driver, the girls , the Gardner to Lou the manager thank you for the best 7 days of my life and I'm sure the other 16 people who stayed the week. We have travelled around a lot of the world and never felt so looked after and cared for I actually missed the staff after leaving. Anyone looking for the perfect holiday head to villa lodek.

• Stayed: August 2013
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Ondie,

Thank you very much for your review and great to know you have a pleasant time during your stay at The Lodek Villas. We are grateful you entrusted us as your holiday accommodation and it is been a pleasure to have you here. We invite you to come and enjoy our hospitality again in the future time. Thank you very much.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Lou the manager has excellent English so that was great for a group of Aussies like us staying there. The Villas are perfect like you would dream about just so magical and the house keeping is faultless. All the staff go above and beyond to assist you in anyway they can and are so friendly and are always happy to see you. I didn't want to leave because I will miss everyone! Our perfect holiday wouldn't have been the same without staying at Lodek Villas. Do yourself a favour and stay there you won't want to go home either!!!!

Room Tip: You can't get a bad room they are all amazing however I think the back villa is the best as it...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mel,
It is been a pleasure to have you and your group here, I am glad you enjoyed your time here. Hope to see you in the future time mel!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We recently stayed at Lodek Villas with our 2 teenage sons. Although very central to the Seminyak shops, it was extremely peaceful, quiet & very secure. The staff were very welcoming, friendly, & helpful when asked. The girls cooked a beautiful breakfast each morning. The villa was spacious, very clean and had everything we needed including free wifi for the teenagers! The pool and gardens were beautiful. We really loved the outdoor shower in the bathroom. Would definitely recommend The Lodek villas.

Room Tip: Would also work well for 2 couples or if you had an adjoining villa it would be good for 2 families.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Helen,

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The stay at Villa Lodeck was a wonderful relaxing experience. At first we where worried that the location could be troubled by traffic noise - not all, it was a peaceful haven.
The staff most welcoming and help you to settle in and cook you a great breakfast, the rooms are very clean, lots of hanging space and hangers in the wardrobe, there is plenty of draw space two. TV in our rooms and great blackout curtains. The bathrooms are huge with a good size bath, quality bath products and towels. Lovely ceiling to floor windows surround you and lookout into a lovely outdoor shower.

The main living space is shared, it has a sitting area, dinning table and kitchen all facing out onto the wide verandah. The verandah has cushions for lounging on, lots of shade and overhead fans. Just what you want in the topics.

The garden is lush with a very clean swimming pool. Not huge but more then enough to cool off in

I'm sure if we need accommodation as two couple we would go there again. A very pleasant place to stay in a central but quiet location.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
KD_Bali, Manager at The Lodek Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Susie,

Thank you so much for your review and you surely did describe the villa very well. I am glad that you enjoy your stay with us, I personally wish you the very best and hope to see you in the future.