“jan nov 2013”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #66 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband & I just got back from Bali first time staying in Seminyak we loved our stay at the Dipan we stayed in a villa which was great, really helpful staff very friendly I was a little worried after reading other reviews about the noise but we didn't have a problem very quiet the only thing I would advise take lots of insect repellent I got lots of mozzie bites but my husband didn't get bitten at all,very close to great restaurants & beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear, Janis W

Thank you to share your experience during your stay with us here at trip advisor.com.

We happy to learn that you loved our friendly staff and also the villa that you stayed .
You are right , the noise from the construction is not an issue when you in the resort but externally it is a construction progress by our neighbor.
Seminyak area is the most popular tourist destination, many hotels , villas and other tourist facilities are built in this area at present time , it is very common in this area the project of construction being developed around ,it is all the process to make the area become nicer .
Thank you for letting us know about the mozzy, we will put special attention on doing an extra fumigation as now is rain season in Bali .

Thank you for the review , we are looking forward to having you stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I just had a great stay at the dipan wi my boyfriend last week. We were there for a week and only had one issue, noise! The first night we arrived it was full moon so the bar next door was pounding out music till 5am. I'm sure this would have been fine if we hadn't of gotten room 123 which is the room on the front corner of the hotel. So you literally hear everything for the outside, no issue if the club wasn't next door, oh and then the construction as well!! Those workers only stopped for rain, otherwise it was drilling from early till 10pm at night. I learnt to sleep through anything after that trip.
We did ask to move rooms after the first night, they said they were fully booked although we hardly saw ppl at the resort, and then after 2 days the bar wasn't a problem and I couldn't be bothered moving rooms.
Also don't order the chicken for dinner at the restaurant, was the driest chicken ever had!

All this aside I did actually really like this place, I think if we had a room away from the outside wall and in towards the pool it would've Been perfect. The suites are a good size, bathroom is stunning and huge!! Staff were great, breakfast was great, and location was perfect too. Good for my boyfriend to surf every morning, and your right next to seminyak square and potato head, but it would recommend getting a scotter. Not only is it fun but it's qucker to zip around everywhere.
So I would def stay here again, possibly in a villa next time, or still in a suite but just making sure we had selected the proper room :)

Room Tip: Not 123 at the moment November 2013

Dear, Top Traveler 22

Thank you for sharing a review here at the trip advisor.com

Your comments is very valuable for us and we will definitely addressed them at the earliest possible time.
People booked to The Dipan recently mostly from on line , temporary construction noise is the fact that we have now ( again this is temporary and wont be long ) therefor we always look after our guest incase they are not happy , we always offer some thing for compensation before they asked for it , our room rate for time being also dropped down to make the value worth it .
The Dipan is very demanded , we are nearly booked 100 % time to time , some time we can not move our guest to another rooms but we always offer some thing to make them happy.

we hope that you have a chain to stay with us again in the future when the project from the neighbor is finish .

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had a short holiday in October and did not regret my choice to stay at The Dipan villas. Great staff, great service, facilities, food, had couple meals at Locale restaurant and must say I really enjoyed it. Overall nothing to complain about as this was a very nice stay. Will definitely recommend to friends, and looking forward to return back!

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear, Viewer

Thank you for the review and we love to hear that you like all the services rendered by our staff and also the hardware provided by the Resort.

The Dipan Resort keep improving time to time , guest comments are definitely welcome no matter they are good or bad , because through it we could have a barometer to addressed what we need to improve base on priority scale .

once again thank you for your time spent wrote the review and we are very much look forward to welcoming you back to the island of Paradise.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Dipan for one night only, since I was coming back from diving in PadangBai and stopped to eat well and have some fun in Seminyak with some friends before flying back home. The location and the value attracted me to this hotel, while normally I would stay in a villa with pool (what Bali old hands do! but obviously a villa costs perhaps double than a room here).

Pleased to report that the hotel is very pretty, modern, clean, stylish, etc etc. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. So nothing but good things to say.

Unfortunately, yes, there is a massive construction site in front of it, so the sight wasn't very pretty. I was aware of this and was very concerned about the noise. I am pleased to report that i didn't hear ANY noise in the time I was there (24 hours during a working day in mid november). I was in room 216, if that helps. But probably you should check with the hotel in advance to get a progress report. The construction is far from finished.

So the conclusion is that considering the PERFECT location within Seminyak, this place is an great deal, if you're not too fussy about the cement eyesore coming in and out of the hotel.

I have to add that they figured out it was my birthday and presented me with a birthday cake and sang me the HBD song before i checked out! (perhaps 15 staff in unison - very kind of them). This was very nice but it wasn't needed to change my opinion of the place - which is that it was excellent!

Room Tip: Second floor at the end of the corridor (i think it was 216). I heard no noise at all from the const...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear, Estarman

Thank you for loving our hotel in all aspects .
Our location is one of the luck factor provided by my owner and also hard and software that we built complimented our prime location.
temporary there is a fact of building constructed by Alila hotel out side of our resort which they improved closer and closer time to time to a finishing stage and it is only temporary and the noise they made has been reduced time to time too.
Most of our guest are happy as we react very quick to giving them some complimentary services when they found unhappy thing during their stay that was why our hotel were nearly booked 100 % so far. and surprising every single guest with a simple birthday celebration is one of our attention to details.

Thank you for your review we are all looking forward to having you stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Dipan is a lovely hotel with a beautiful pool, and well located being a five minute walk from the beach. Just be warned, however, that at the moment (November 2013) there is a building site right next to the hotel and depending on which room you're in, can be pretty noisy and distracting. Not their fault - but think travellers should be informed before staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side to the building site were much quieter.
1  Thank Charri2013

Dear , Viewer

Thank you to spent your time to write a review here at trip advisor .com
We always put our high attention to everything possible to make our guest happy , the building progress at our neighbor is beyond our ability to control as you may also see from the reviews written lately . but we do have the MOU with the owner to not work over time ( they only work during the working hours ) when most of our guest were out for tours or spent their time on our public pool for sun tan and beers .

yes , our location is very nice close to every where and our resort also specially crafted to pamper our guest needs , it is simple efficient and reasonable in prices .
FYI , our hotel is very busy and most of the time we are fully booked , some time we are often difficult to obtain when the guest asked for changing a room but we always attentively offering our guest a nice mutual solution to make them happy.

Once again thank you for the review we are all look forward to welcoming you back here at the Island of Paradise Bali .

Reviewed November 11, 2013

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Stayed 2 nights for honeymoon in a deluxe room and was a wonderful stay.
The 15-minutes welcoming massage was good. My wife enjoyed it so much.
The atmosphere in the entire property is very tranquil despite the fact that is a construction going on right across the Dipan, which is the only downfall (it is not their fault anyway).

STAFFS
The whole staffs did excellent services, very attentive, sincere and friendly. The most important thing is they were always smiling whenever and wherever they met us. Kudos!

ROOMS
The rooms (bedroom and bathroom) was very spacious, very clean, elegant and comfortable in every aspects. Just perfect for honeymooners like us :)
The flower petals decoration, which was my request, was done beautifully.

FOODS
The breakfast was superb! The best meal that we had on our trip. Me and my wife loved the egg benedict so much. Their nasi goreng is also very tasty.

ATTRACTIONS
We did not travel too much as we decided to spend our honeymoon time in our room. The Petitenget beach is just about 5 mins walk. There is also a fancy Breeze restaurant nearby should you look for a romantic place to dine in.

Overall, it was a pleasant and wonderful experiences to stay in The Dipan. Hope we can come again for another stay! Thank you Dipan.

Room Tip: If you cannot stand the noise, ask for room that is far from the main street.
1  Thank Herditya
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear, Viewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments here at Trip Advisor.com, even though you are back to your busy daily routine. Your time with us here at The Dipan was definitely too short, and we are already looking forward to the next time we can welcome and pamper you with our services. There is nothing more rewarding for us then welcoming a familiar face back to The Dipan. Once again we thank you for your time and we are looking forward to see you again in a beautiful sunny island of Bali.

I Ketut Wirya.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here Mid October & arrived on a Friday night at about 11pm.We had read all the reviews about the bar next door so we were prepared for a bit of noise.I asked for a quieter room as i recently had back surgery,but still found it quite noisy on the Saturday & Sunday nights (until about 3am).The thing I wasn't prepared for was the building site right next door,we could not even open our blinds because as soon as you did you had 10 workers staring straight at you.The lighting in the rooms is very dim so we found this to be a bit annoying.Another thing is they worked into the night on a few occasions till around 9pm(although not as noisy).
On a positive note,the staff are probably the best I have had in Bali & I have been many times.
The rooms are massive,with a massive bathroom & ample space.
Its unfortunate about the building works next door as it does have a lot of good qualities about it & the hotel itself is in a great location.
The pool area was nice small but never crowded.
We would stay again but after the building next door is done (time frame -????)

Room Tip: I think a pool Villa would be the pick
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sonrob

Dear, Mr. Sonrob

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, without valuable feedback from our costumers we would not be able to improve our services. I would like personally apologize if the construction has brought any inconveniences to your stay with us , even though there is not belong to us and not our fault either in pact it is effecting our business , therefore we do everything possible to make our guest happy . Because of your feedback it will be very easy for us to avoid such inconveniences in the future as those construction will increasing up our value later and will materialize soon ( only temporary )
Once again I thank you for your comments, and The Dipan team and I would be very honored to welcome you back in the near future.

With best regards from Bali ,