“Fantastic location, fantastic room”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #65 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I loved this hotel. Particularly for the location- Right next to Hu'u bar and a few smaller bars across the road, a decent ATM very close by, authorised money changer (not a dodgy one) fairly close and Biku about a 3 minute walk up the road. When I was there (early September) some guys were putting footpaths in on the north side of Jalan Petitenget, which will be fantastic once finished. Potato Head, La Lucciola and W resort are all very close too. However the small size of this boutique hotel added a homeliness for a solo traveller.

My room was massive! The bathroom was modern and the bathtub and shower huge. Great value for money considering a similarly priced box hotel down the road offered a small room, no bathtub. Woke up every morning to the gentle sound of the pool (I think there was a little waterfall/water feature down there) and opened my curtains to a gorgeous view of tropical foliage and the pool.

Every day I was greeted by name on the way in or out, friendly smiles and fantastic service. Breakfast was good, I didn't get a chance to eat dinner at the hotel though. Cleaning staff were efficient, thoughtful and non-intrusive. In the evening they come round to spray for mozzies and turn on some mood lighting :) not sure if they do that elsewhere in Bali, I thought it was nice.

2 things that were slightly inconvenient were the size of the hairdryer and the water pressure in the bathtub. No probs with the rain shower, that was great. Basically if your hair is long and/or thick the travel sized hairdryer in the room won't cut it. Bring your own. Also if you want a bath give yourself about an hour to fill it, the hot water in the bathtub doesn't come out with much volume. So if baths and hairdryers can make or break a holiday for you then consider your options, otherwise I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: My room was 127 so if the bath thing is room specific, maybe request another.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Joanna L
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear , Joana L

Thank you for your true review .
Thank you for your comment on the hair dryer and the water pressure ,Me and all of my Executive Committee Team at The Dipan is always seriously consider every single lack that suggested by our guest and immediately react to make it on track.
Yes , our location is premium , our products are also good ,but more to all our staff is the greatest assets that we have , I am very proud of them, our philosophy is how we serve is more important to what we serve and guest needs is come first before our SOP.
By the way, thank you for spent your time to wrote review on the tripadvisor.com and we are looking forward to welcoming you again to the Island of Paradise .

Best regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Was told that we were upgraded to the villa and were told it was a mistake, and was shown our initial suite. Beautiful room but was the biggest mistake throughout the trip. Suite was right next to a club and we had 2 nights of vibration throughout the night till 3am. The noise was NOT 'slightly' noisy as claimed and given free entrance to the club (which we did not
take up) does not compensate for the price paid as its not the cheapest option available. Will very much love to compliment the great hospitality but end of the day, it's the biggest
downside of the trip - we are heading home tired than rested. The management shouldn't be selling these suites and apologizing will not compensate at any cost.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Josiekj
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear, Viewer .

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review of your visit recently.
We regret to hear that the noise made by our neighbor on Friday night was spoiled your holiday .
Please accept our most sincere apologies and our commitment to using your feedback to enhance the experience for all of our guests, as we encourage and appreciate all guests to share their review in immediate time so that we can address the every concern immediately.
We highly value your feedback and will liaise with various Departments in our hotel to address the points you raised and I am committed to ensuring we resolve each point you have made. We very much look forward to welcoming you again on your future Bali vacation.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just had a stunning 10 day stay at the dipan,where you are made to feel at home.it is a small resort and after a day out you feel like you are coming home, as the staff remember your name and always ask how you are. The suites are very roomy and clean, bed comfortable and the bathroom is enormous.there is a bit of noise from the nightclub next door, but it really didn't bother me. The staff go to any lengths to please you,even to the point of cooking special meals to meet dietary requirements and you are made to feel that nothing is too much trouble.
Couldn't ask for a better position in Seminyak, just so close to beach, restaurants and boutiques.
Am looking forward to returning next year, didn't want to leave,thanks Dipan!

Room Tip: The villas are a bit quieter if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear, Lerubyku

Thank you to spent your value time to share your experience here at tripadvisor.com
I am very glad to have several time to met you and have a light chats during your breakfast time.
It is kind of culture that we have at The Dipan to maintain a nice communication with guest to observe how we can help them to make their holiday fantastic and also we get a lot of advised and comments from our lovely guest on how we could improve in the future and how they like us in all line of services.
We are very lucky , as our location is just perfect and also we are very grateful that we have a nice design , good materials and enormous space of rooms and more important to all to have a good staff.
What we can guarantee to you that we will become better time to time and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future .

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before flying back home. The hotel is in the centre of Seminyak and a stonethrow from the beach. The hotel seems brandnew and looks very modern with a beautiful unique style (cool photos everywhere, wooden staircase, stonewall bathrooms). Our room was big, modern and with beautiful design. The bathroom was huge and clean, and modern. Our whole stay was great, I was very sick with Bali belly and reception gave my boyfriend some medication for me. They also brought me some bread for breakfast as I couldn't eat anything else. They let us have a late check out at 6pm for 50% of the room fee so I could stay in bed. They also let us print our boarding passes at reception. The staff was very helpful and checked a few times how I was feeling. The pool area is beautiful. There was only one downside and that was the noise from the nightclub next door. I was wearing earplugs but it didn't help. The music is pumping till about 3am. Would definitely stay here again but maybe not on a friday or saturday night due to the noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear, Shnitz from Torquay, Australia.

Please allow me to Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your most recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read that your time with us has been very special, relaxing and everything you have expected from a great holiday. I am also delighted to know that you enjoyed the attentive personal service rendered by our team members that made your stay was a real bliss.
Our location is indeed perfect, close to all the hips of the “eat street”, the beach and all the shops. We do hope you will stay with us again on your future Bali holiday.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

A very warm welcome with a welcome drink upon arrival! Very friendly staff!!!
The resort is small but beautifully en elegantly designed. The villa is beautiful.
A 15 minutes welcome massage is included, but I choose to have a full 60 mins. Balinese massage, it was really good, I certainly recommend it.
Breakfast is a-la-carte, not much variety though, love the big fresh juice!!
Pity that during my stay, there was construction works around the resort took place all day till late in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Thank Daniel H.t. F

Dear, Viewer

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review here at The Trip Advisor.
We are thrilled to know that you love to stay at THE DIPAN . I am happy to hear everything was superb, from the moment you were check in up to the end of your fabulous stay. Thank you also for your high credit to our team members who were always helpful, friendly and ready to assist you in any way they can.
We all look forward to welcoming you again with us or to what you prefer to call it as “ a small resort with high quality of service .

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 8 nights in late August and all I can say is that this hotel is just about perfect for what you want, as long as just about perfect is what you want. The location is great, right near the beach which you can walk to in under 5 minutes, surrounded by great restaurants and little eateries and only a 10 minute walk to Eat St and Seminyak Square where there are a lot more eateries and shopping galore. The staff are amazing and cater to your every need. NOTHING is too much trouble for them and unfortunately, I was sick for one day at the beginning of our trip, and they made sure I had everything at my disposal. They even got a friend of one of the staff to take my wife to the chemist to make sure we got what we needed. The rooms are generous in size with great beds and facilities. The shower, bath and the whole bathroom is also generous in size and the little things, like a hair dryer and body lotion make it worthwhile. Now Yes there is a bar right next door BUT it is only noisy on a Friday night and as we were there for 2 Fridays and 2 Saturdays I can tell you that it is noisy but not that you can't sleep AND only on a Fri night. Why not go and join in, we did and it was fun plus you don't have far to get home either. Now if you want real luxury, pay that little bit extra and get a 1 bedroom villa. With your own plunge pool this is close to heaven, ask for room 105, tucked away from everything. FOOD - why go anywhere else only to be disappointed when you can eat here. The food was amazing and the chef's and staff make sure once again that nothing is too much trouble. You can ask to change things and if you ask again, they already remember from last time. Brilliant !!! Last thing - there is construction going on next door but it is only during the day and this did not in any way disturb us during the evening when going to sleep or in the morning. If you find it annoying, DO NOT blame the staff, they are there to help you and will do almost anything to make sure you are comfortable. To Ketut Wirya, thank you and your staff as you made our trip fantastic and we will be back again.

Room Tip: Spend that little bit extra and get room 105 - a 1 bed villa, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hunted
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear , Mr and Mrs Hunted from Perth

Thank you very much for your excellent review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you with us for couple of days and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your gracious comments to my Chef Edy and I am very sure he will very happy to hear it and also to the whole team and especially for the room attendants who look after your accommodation most of the time during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon back to our hotel and thank you again for staying at the Dipan Resort Petitenget Bali and reviewing our hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

A friend and I @ the lovely Dipan resort for 7 nights, we were provided one of their lovely private villas that was tucked away from the NIght Club and in our own little area. The Staff were fantastic, they went above and beyond expectation to provide us with a great experience. This included tending to our motorbike injuries when we stacked it the first day after arriving... The food was fantastic, the villa was clean and roomy with a huge bath and beautiful pool. Try the spa, I was a regular there through out my stay. Overall the great stay and fantastic location made the holiday memorable, def recommend to other people looking for a smaller resort at a great price but not compromising in quality.

Room Tip: Go for a Private Villa or ask for a room that is on the opposite side to the nightclub.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Missy T
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear, Viewer

Thank you for the review that you share at Trip Advisor.com .
Our Resort were carefully design to capture every need of our guest after we found a best location indeed.
Our Employee are the greatest assets of our company even we release they are moving asset but with a good treatment in a family system of management our staff feeling comfort and very pride to be a member of The Dipan Family , our believe only with Happy staff we could deliver an consistency excellent service and it is proven all of the guest satisfied on the service rendered by our staff, even they do service beyond what our guest expect .

Huu Bar party is only on Friday and Saturday night and only 3 of our suite rooms get impacted from the music they play and we try to accommodate young people who loves party by giving them free tickets to joint the party , other than that our rooms and villas are within tranquility and peace.

as well our Locale Cafe provide a very high end quality of food beside of taste fantastic also healthy and cheap , so do our Pure Spa Couture are ready to pamper our guest with numbers of treatment and a huge discount for the in house guest and most of our guest having treatment twice before they were leaving .

Once again Thank you for spending your time to share your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future .