“Dipan Villa, a second home.”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #64 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Dipan Resort. We arrived at Bali and the driver was already there waiting for us patiently. On our way to the airport, he was recommending the different tour packages provided by the hotel yet not being pushy at all. Recommending us where to walk around Seminyak area and showing the way to the hotel.

The staff were really friendly and the receptionist was extremely helpful. Helping us to research on the prices of the activities we're interested in and asking her colleague to follow up with us as she has ended her shift.

The butler makes you feel at home and loved. Cleaning and packing your room every morning after you left the hotel and in the evening, they will return to your room to close the blinds, spray mosquito repellent in your rooms, make your bed once more, placing the bathrobes neatly on your bed welcoming you back "home" for the night.

We booked a car for a full day Ubud tour and added white water rafting into our itinerary. What I particularly liked about the tour is that it is very free and easy, you can add on activities you're interested in and they will try their best to fit it in. The driver was really knowledgeable, introducing us to the traditions and culture of Bali. He also gave us some private and quiet time to rest in the car as well. The car was really clean and comfortable. On one occasion, I accidentally misplaced my phone in the carand the driver managed to recover my phone.

The hotel also provides free shuttle service to Kuta beach but you have to inform them the day before to make arrangements for it. All these information were given to us by the driver on our way to the hotel from the airport.

The breakfast and dinner at the hotel was really impressive. I never expected such a great breakfast from them. The portions were huge.

Dipan Villa really makes you feel at home and makes you not want to leave the place thanks to the friendly staff there who would always greet you with a smile all the time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed there for 8 days over christmas 2012. Small resort with excellent rooms, pool area, staff, food. Large beds, big bathroom,big bath, big shower, plenty of water. Located within walking distance to the beach and the main shops. Most roads nearby don't have footpaths so you need to be able to dodge traffic, storm water drains, broken covers,etc.
The pool area is small but very relaxing and a nice place to cool off during the heat of the day.
There are two major constructions each side of the resort - we had to keep our curtains shut all the time because the constructions workers looked straight into our room.
Workers start at about 8 am and finish late at night around 10 pm.
The hu'u bar is next door - nice restaurant and a major disco and dance floor -Thumpa Thumpa music on big nights from around 10 pm till 3 am.

Very good Spa massage next door and not too expensive.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our staying at the dip an resort was excellent,, even though the hotel is not walking distance to main shopping, butt i guess in the future will get easier. The hotel provided us a driver who did his best, not even taking us everywhere, but his amiability was exceptionally, and the staff their all were helpful and the manager was so kind in upgrading us as when he saw my mom had difficulties with the stairs. Thank you, very much we really appreciated. And about the decoration, arquitecture and cleanliness exceptional feels very comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were upgraded and our villa was lovely. The staff were very friendly, and the location was excellent. We enjoyed the many cafes and restaurants and shopping in the local area. We kept going back to the spa for massages as they had a special half price in the mornings. The massages and pedi/manicures were amazing. The breakfast was nice but not much variety. Villas were spotless. Would defiantly go back.

1  Thank Anna T
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had an enjoyable 4 nights stay at the Dipan. The spa is great quality as is the restaurant and the service from the staff was fabulous. The room was extremely spacious and modern. We stayed over the new year period therefor the was a bit of noise from the restaurant next door. Recommend this place to stay.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was having a business trip to Bali and often try new hotel or villa. This time I tried The Dipan Resort in their superior room (the most standard one). The location is not exactly on the main street but it is very close with the famous Huu Bar and it is in walking distance.

My first impression is this is a small hotel with small property. After I arrived, I do the check in process and the staff were really friendly.

The room is spacious, minimalist, and dust free. There is also a wide sofa in the room and they also provide water dispenser so you don't have to be worried if you only get 2 bottles of water every day.

The bath room also very spacious and they separate the shower and the bath up. The hot water also function properly. They don't provide the toothbrush, but when I requested it at around midnight, they said the housekeeping team was home already but in the end, they can provide me one. Nice service.

The breakfast is not a buffet style, but each person can get one portion of meal and drink as desired. I tried the salmon scrambled egg and it taste very good.

Too bad I only stayed there for one night. Would love to come back again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

After all the staff at The Dipan has done for me and my fiance, I feel bad even to do this review only now, like a month after our stay.

First up, to review the one-bedroom villa where we stayed, the place was clean and the interior decor was nice. I can't say I've not seen better but really, it's the standard of service which totally impressed me.

To cut to the chase,
1) My fiance's birthday fell on the 2nd day of our trip. I had requested for a cake prior to coming to Bali and was expecting to collect the cake from them for a private celebration. To our surprise, the whole Dipan team came to the door of our villa with a cake with candles lighted up, while someone strummed the guitar as the whole gang sang the birthday song for my fiance. I didn't quite expect it even though i was the one who ordered the cake, so you can imagine my fiance's surprise when he opened the door, cause I didn't even mention anything to him.
2) My fiance fell ill on the last day of our trip. He had very bad nausea and giddiness and was in no shape to walk around. We had to check out by noon and so we did but after depositing our luggage at the reception, all we could do was to to sit on the sofa at the Main Lobby cause he was feeling so bad. One of the staff, which we didn't manage to get his name, noticed my fiance was unwell and offered to check on an available room for us so that my fiance can rest properly till our night flight out of Bali. He managed to find an empty villa just opposite the one we were staying in and it looked like it had just been cleaned up after the previous guests checked out. We spent the rest of the afternoon in there Free-of-Charge. I was so grateful!

Two thumbs up!

P/S Another plus point: The Locale Restaurant @ The Dipan has excellent breakfast menu!! We tried lunch and dinner as well, great food! Minutes' walk from the Sea Circus which is a great choice for food as well! :)

Room Tip: Request for room away from Hu'u Bar. But I think you can still hear a bit of it from anywhere in...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
The Dipan R, Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear , Mr. Slumbers

Thank you for your review sharing your experience during your stay with us.
it is very efficient to help other visitors of Trip Advisor to understand better about our property and our service, we at The Dipan try as hard to make every single guest stay with us to be satisfied and we only have a simple philosophy " guest need come first before our standard operating procedure "
we are simple and never make it complicated and deal with every one at The Dipan is always fresh and we are improving by smiles .

Once again thank you for the review we all look forward to welcoming you back to stay at The Dipan again.