“Beautiful little villa”

The Dipan Resort Petitenget
Ranked #64 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I, and another couple (friends) recently stayed at The Dipan in two single villas. The villas were very nice and modern, quite spacious and very clean. The pool in the single villa was a little small but was fine for a couple. The main resort pool was lovely and very picturesque. Our breakfasts were included and were delicious. We also had a massage and a dinner (one night) included in our package.

The staff were so lovely and friendly, that is one of the reasons I prefer to stay in a smaller place, the staff all get to know you. It was my husbands and mine anniversary and they went to a lot of trouble to make it special, decorating the the room with love hearts, flowers etc, then surprising us with a "serenade", followed by a chocolate cake.

The only downside was the noise from the Hu Bar on Thursday night which did make it hard to sleep. When we told the staff the next day that we may have to move hotels, they put us in a lovely three bedroom villa on the other side. We didnt hear any noise after that. I think if The Dipan could come to some arrangement with The Hu Bar about the softening the noise, or changing the night club hours from 9pm to 1am, it may help.

As I say, I would thoroughly recommend this resort, but maybe pick a villa on the other side, away from The Hu Bar.

Room Tip: Dont stay in the one bedroom villas near The Hu Bar
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here in September and were upgraded to a private villa which gave us more than enough space to relax. 200m from the beach and just far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of kuta beach. Staff were there to help with anything aswell as transport service. Having landed late at night and not many places to eat staff were helpful in ordering some delivery food. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I were staying here for a week in a one bedroom. The service was great. The rooms were clean from when we arrived till we checked out.The rooms are very very spacious. Also the design of the rooms and bathrooms were great. As we were in Bali for a anniversary the hotel surprised us by having the room decorated with flowers, love hearts etc all over the room. I would recommend this hotel to couples,family,friends. The only downside to it was the pool is not very big and not allot of seats. The staff were always there for assistance on whatever the case might be. Most things in seminyak are walking distance from the hotel. I will definitely be staying here when i visit Bali again. The price of this hotel was very reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed in quite a few villas in Seminyak before and this was a disappointment. The room was not as described, the three bedroom villa definitely did not have adequate living or dining areas for a family. There was not enough chairs for 5 people let alone a table to sit at or kitchen facilities. The swimming pool was a glorified bath measuring 1.5m x 3m, far too small for a family of 5 to swim in. If you want breakfast in the villa it will cost you, I have never experienced this before (normally it is included).

We were asked to pay upfront before viewing the room (which again, i have not experienced before in Bali) and when concerns were voiced the staff were not helpful, they told us they were unsure if they could give us a refund as it would take 3 months to process. After much deliberation they then bargained with us to stay one night and were able to refund the money.

Not a great experience and will not return.

Room Tip: Don't bring your family here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
The Dipan R, General Manager at The Dipan Resort Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review that you shared at Trip Advisor.

We are a small hotel in a small size of land in a very premium area which only has 7 suite rooms and 7 villas for time being and we will soon accomplish our phase two in the near future.

Seminyak is the most popular tourist destination in the island and consider as a high end tourist spot where most of high quality shops , restaurants and hotels are located in this premium area and where ever we go in this area we will see the construction massively happen .

How ever , We are keep moving on go over one by one of the comments given by our value guest specially the complains and suggestions .
Even we know to pleased every one is impossible but for us the more comments is the better and we believe we will grow to a perfection from there to hit our goal.

The Dipan designed for a comfortable and conveniences , our philosophy is our guest satisfactions come first before our rule and regulation and the way we serve our guest is much more important than what we serve.

Once again your comments and suggestions is very important for us and thank you very much for it and we guarantee you will see our magnificent progressed when you come back to stay with us next time .

Kind Regards
The Management

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here last month for a friends wedding and was blown away by this charming little hotel. I had stayed in a cheaper hotel in Kuta prior to my stay, and my expectations were not great, despite the positive reviews I had read on this website. I could not have been more wrong! On arrival, I was greeted with a welcome drink (wheat-grass and lemongrass I think, delicious) and was told my room had been upgraded to a villa. Thank you very much!

My villa was absolutely beautiful with my own little swimming area, which was a welcome respite from the afternoon sun. Great location as well, beach nearby and loads of restaurants within walking distance. A special mention to the staff, they were amongst the friendly I have ever experienced! I can't recommend this place highly enough, really great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed in a 3-bedroom villa at The Dipan and it was fabulous!

Location: The Dipan is a 5 month old boutique hotel next to the renowned Hu'u Bar in Seminyak and close to the other fantastic restaurants in Seminyak including Mamasan, Sarong, Sardine, La Lucciola, Ultimo and more.

The property: There were a lot of greens and smiles as we walked in..it was a great sight as we were tired from the travelling earlier.

The villa: As the property was new, everything was in great shape except for the faulty water heater which should be fixed. Bed in the rooms were all King size so everyone can sleep comfortably. Bathroom size was enormous especially the bathtub. If you want to chill out in your room, there are plenty of TV channels options so you won't be bored. Pictures shown in The Dipan's website didn't do the property justice... the villa was huge with plenty of running space! :) The private pool in the villa was a bonus, though it was a little hard to get out of the pool as there were no stairs in or out of the pool.. but it was fine for us.

Service: Staff at the property were great! They recognised us by name as soon as we checked in. All our requests were attended to promptly without leaving you feeling suffocated by too much attention. We were offered a free 15-min massage upon checking in but we missed it as we had too many activities in our last trip.

Breakfast: There's an option for guests to have their breakfast at the restaurant or to be brought to the villa. All orders are made to order so all are guaranteed fresh and hot. Dipan's egg benedict was so delicious that i re-ordered for the rest of my stay.

Room Service: Price was more than reasonable if compared to the other hotels and food was excellent! Must try their satays and specialty drink - lemongrass drink!

Others: Beach is a short walk so it is not an issue. Shopping, spas and restaurants at Seminyak are all within walking distance once you step out of the hotel. You can also get a cab if you opt not to walk. Weather in Bali is hot but the breeze cools the heat away and there have been fantastic walks for us.

Room Tip: Choose the villa
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just spent a long weekend at the DIpan in one bedroom Villa 106. A small boutique hotel in the best part of Seminyak. Close to the beach and the best restaurants, a short walk from Eat Street and my favourite quaint restaurant Biku. The breakfasts were beautiful and real food, not one of those awful buffets, but made to order!!! The staff were divine and a special thank you to Wilson and Dewi. Their smiles every day lit up your world. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012