The wife and I spent 4D/3N at The Dipan Resort last week. It was our first time in Bali and was also celebrating my birthday.
We were pleasantly surprised with many things. The architectural design was classy, plenty of wood and natural colours. The furniture and finishings were of good quality. Their bathroom fixtures were from Toto (sure, it's not Grohe, but still great quality). It was also very close to Seminyak Beach. There's a bit of construction going on that blocked the usual route to the beach, but the next nearest route is only an extra 5 mins walk away.
The staff were courteous, friendly & could speak English well enough.
There were some downsides though.
1. Hu'u Bar was right in front of our room. On Saturday night, there was a party till 3am. According to the management, it's not every week and most times the music ends by 12am. Apart from that night, the music and volume on the other nights were quite okay.
2. Mosquitoes.. there are gaps in between some of the window frames. Maybe if the windows shut tighter, it could solve both the mosquito and the loud music problem? Or maybe hang a nicely designed mosquito netting from the ceiling?
3. No shelf in the bath area for toiletries.
4. Frosted glass door lets too much light and sound into the room.
Apart from these, it was an amazing stay. The resort is very close to many places of interest. Taxis are easy to get on the main road, just 20-30m away. Ku De Ta is only 5 mins taxi ride away. Potato Head Beach Club is about 10-15 mins walk.
They have a very nice (but small-ish) pool, with cascading waterfall, deck lounge & a day-bed that overhangs the pool.
We tried the spa adjoining the resort (Pure Spa). They were having a promotion and definitely value for money.
The breakfast was yummy. I had the Big Breakfast, while the wife tried the Smoked Salmon Benedict.. we also tried the Pancake with Strawberries and Mascarpone cheese.
On the morning of my birthday, we were finishing up our breakfast while waiting for our driver/guide, when suddenly the entire staff started singing 'Happy Birthday' and came out with a small cake & candles. It was such a great and touching experience. Even the security guards came in to wish me well. I found out a short while later that our driver/guide had arrived 15 mins before that but the manager asked if he could wait a bit so they could spring me this surprise.
We were very pleased with our stay and the great service from the staff. Their genuineness and warmth has certainly made this trip a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE DIPAN RESORT, VILLA AND SPA epitomises fashionable luxury accommodation with acute attention to a design and style yet to be seen on the magical island of Bali. Our philosophy is simple: Anyone who stays with us should feel like a VIP rock star, a fashion icon, a celebrity designer . The Dipan resort, Villa & Spa is the first private villa complex in Bali to incorporate a truly metropolitan chic design aesthetic that blends tastefully with the rich tropical Bali milieu. Our guests can always expect the pleasing comfort of our one of a kind property and unique individual private villas, coupled with services and amenities befitting the most discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your The Dipan Resort Petitenget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dipan Resort Petitenget Bali/Seminyak