“Great hotel and well located” 4 of 5 stars

Sense Hotel Seminyak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kayu Jati No. 5, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #73 of 133 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great hotel and well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friend and I stayed for a long weekend in June. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a view from the 5th floor (top floor) to the central pool. Breakfast was good - selection of hot food, eggs cooked to order, fruit, toast and pastries. Sense is in a great location - same road as Bodyworks (massage, beauty etc) and grocer and the grind. Jl Laksmana is just around the corner as is Seminyak Square and markets. We had a great stay at a Sense and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Victoria W
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Ms Victoria W,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak.

Your review is lovely, thank you very much for posting it.
We are delighted to read that you had a great stay during your long weekend in June. We will share it to our entire team particularly to our House Keeping and Food & Beverage Dept who contributed their maximum effort. our appreciation to your help recommending us to others.

Meanwhile, we are looking forward to welcoming you at Sense Hotel Seminyak.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a little delayed with my review, but here it goes. I stayed at Sense Hotel in December December of 2013, and I have to say, I was very impressed with this hotel and even more so with the staff. I work in the hotel industry and I found the staff to be genuine. I received a great rate, which I had booked in advance from the States.
The staff made my stay there the best I had experienced in some time. When we checked in, we were welcomed with drinks at check-in, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The room was clean and very spacious, the beds were super comfy, the shower was very nice.The onsite massages and milk baths, for literally pennies, were simply amazing and better than all of my past overpriced massages. Since my rate came with breakfast we ate at the restaurant every morning by the pool, which is located on the lobby level. The breakfast wasn't the best breakfast I'd ever had, but it was still very good. The hotel is within walking distance to the shops/cafes and restaurants, I felt very safe. I recently recommended this hotel to a friend and her sister going to Bali in July.

Room Tip: High floor for a decent view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Ms Honeybaby143,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We highly appreciate your effort in still sharing your review for your last year stay with us, thank you very much for it. We are so touched and flattered to get this kind of recognition from a person who especially works in hotel industry. Your impression would strongly motivate our team to encourage their talents in order to provide the best for our clients.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the sequence of services from the first check in and the massage in particular. We will keep the level of services to be experienced by other clients too.
We would like to thank you as well for your recommendation to others about our property.

We wish to welcoming you and seeing your smile again on your other trip.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

First time for me in a honeymoon suite for the price of a standard room. Guest friendly for a solo travelers like myself. I cant fault this place, the location was only 5 min walk away from the shopping precinct and cafes of seminyak. Fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner also.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank frizi1
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Ms Frizi,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you very much for your time sharing your review, we are delighted to read it moreover when you found our hotel as a new hotel with great food and services. We obviously will share it on to our entire team. We are also glad to know when your experience in one of our Honeymoon Suite is exceeding your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am very fussy with my choice of accommodation. I was really happy with this hotel. i had room 5310 and my travel buddy and the joining room next door. Having the joining doors was such a bonus too. The staff were excellent so friendly happy a helpful right down the chap that cleans the lift! It was very clean and i found the rooms more than enough space. My room had a balcony overlooking the pool which is what i recommend. Breakfast was great. Even though its a small pool we always got a sun bed with plenty of sun so don't let that out you off. I can highly recommend this hotel for the rate you pay. It was quiet at night too which is a big plus on holiday. The reception staff always helped us with bookings of any sort in a timely manner. Thank you Sense hotel staff i loved it and will recommend and will stay again. Its close to the beach and Bodyworks which is a great Spa. Lots of nice places to eat a short walk away. Mexicola is next door too.

Room Tip: Any balcony room overlooking the pool. I had 5310 loved it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle N
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Ms Michelle N,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for your time writing a review for your experience at our property. We are delighted to read and flattered for the recognition. We will share it on to our staffs for their contribution in making your stay enjoyable. We also thank you for your efforts to recommend us to others.

We look forward to seeing your smile at Sense Hotel Seminyak again.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If u look for a central hotel in Seminyak, this is the place to be, comfortable rooms, small but practical,near La Lucciola and the beach, good staff, clean and worth to try for a few nights stay.
Build around the pool, its a good size pool to relax, nice spa also, clean and super

Room Tip: for ur first or last days stay, perfect to get used to Bali and the beaches-
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms Calaf14,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Your concise review is highly appreciated, thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are glad to read that you found our hotel nice and could fulfill your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Sense Hotel Seminyak.

Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It took me few weeks to choose the best hotel for the only once in a lifetime moment – our honeymoon. This hotel has been choosen based on the good rate in Tripadvisor and I am so excited when I reached there after passed through a heavy traffic jam.

Our FIRST room was big and clean but sadly, we can hear the television sound from the next room clearly.. then we asked to change room which is more privacy and peace..

The SECOND room was ok, with no scenery, but the toilet door cannot be closed properly and the cleanliness was not that good. However, after a long journey on the second day, we aspect to get rest but the air condition in the room cannot be function at all. We have been waiting for about an hour before they asked us to transfer to another room.

The THIRD room was just intervals of a room. The front officers opologized for the matter.. But, at 3.00 am, the air condition did not work at all, and I cannot sleep at all till morning. We decided to check out that day and find another hotel. But since I paid flight plus hotel, the hotel management refused to repay our money back and they offer other room.

Well.. I have no feelings anymore about the FOURTH room on the third day honeymoon.

Due to this matter, they offer FREE 30 mins massage for TWO pax – written in a voucher. But when we go down to the spa, the officer said the massage is just for ONE person only.

This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in my life. They really spoil my honeymoon vacation. Bali have thousands places to stay and so many other reasonable hotels - they can't all be this bad. If you asked me, is this true? Yes, this is based on our true experiences and I will NEVER stay in any of this hotel anymore.. ever..!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Zainariah
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ms Zainariah,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for your review, it is certainly a honor to have been chosen being a place to spend your honeymoon after good rate on Tripadvisor.

We always try to provide our best services so our clients could get an enjoyable experiences with us. However, unpredictable situations may not support to fulfill your expectation so therefore we would like to express our sincere apology for the unpleasant moments. All attempts had been done after your first feedback given including possibilities of room changes. But seems it is our fardel where problems arose in the assigned rooms. We are also sorry for the misunderstanding about the 30 minutes SPA's arrangement, there had been an internal miscommunication where we have briefed our staffs involved especially in improving their communication's line.

And yet things happened, we do hope that this experience will not permanently ruin your thoughts about us. We would seek your apology and opportunity to welcoming you at Sense Hotel Seminyak again.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Sense Hotel in Seminyak is very good value for money. There has been the odd negative review of this hotel, but our experience was a very pleasant one. This hotel isnt a big 5 star resort, but you don't pay those prices for this place. The free WIFI worked in our room everytime, sometimes you just had to re enter the password before using and sometimes you just had to get a new password from reception which they did with pleasure.
It has good, close access to the beach and beach walks in Bali are so nice, especially in the morning and late afternoon. If you are into walking, it is about 45 minutes walk on the beach to Melasti St Kuta/Legian border and much less to double 6 (Seminyak/Legian border). There are very good restaraunts/bars (Mexicola is just about next door), just down the bottom of the slight hill and to the left (one has great gelato and fantastic Roti and curries - funny combination but great place) and many very good restaraunts within easy walking distance. Mama Sans is a must but you need to book. Potatoe Head is even relatively close walking distance.
The pool area is small (someone described it as very zen - a good descriiption) but you will work out the times to use it as it isnt packed out all of the time. It could do with a few more deck chairs, perhaps they could move some of the poolside dining ables after breakfast to accomodate a few more. The breakfast was not 5 star but more than adequate - plenty of fresh fruit, cheese, coffee, tea, juices, water, a few cereals, toast, bacon , sausages, rice, tomatoes, mushrooms etc and a very good egg station where they cook great omelettes and scrambled eggs ( I had mine with a few ingrediants of the day along with cheese and chilli cooked in... yum). The room isnt a palatial 5 star room but it it is modern and nice and clean and the shower area is large. And there is some hanging space and storage in the room. We had lunch on the last day and it was really nice ( very fresh Nasi Goreng with salad and again chilli cooked in at our request and fresh lime to squeeze over the rice ... mmmm). The staff are great, very friendly and polite, the free shuttle bus that they provide to drop you off in the seminyak area is really handy and it is no trouble for them to help you. Previous reviews have indicated there is no footpath in front of this hotel which is correct. Walking in any street in Bali has to be done with your eyes and ears open, very often the main streets / footpaths are blocked with scooters or vehicles and you have to traverse around them. You will negotiate this street ok and cross when safe to areas where its easier to walk, but it isnt that hard. So long as you dont have to have a 5 star resort hotel, I think you will enjoy this hotel and it will grow on you quickly, as it did with us. Great value for money. Thanks to the staff, you made our holiday very pleasant - Garry and Wendy Hunter

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Mr and Mrs Hunter,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We would like to thank you very much for your long lovely description of your very pleasant experience with us at Sense Hotel. Indeed, we are not a 5 stars resort, but we do all utmost as to maximize our potential to provide the best to our clients as what you experienced. However, we are delighted to read that all sections functioned well from the front desk till the back office especially when our staffs could show their enthusiasm in serving you. We will proceed your complement on to our entire staff and our Food Beverage Team in particular. Your feedback about moving the dining table is considered to get more space on the pool deck.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we wish to get other opportunity to serve your again.