“Love it”

Sense Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #72 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is about a half hour drive from the airport. Costs about Rp90,000 to get there using the airport taxi. However, going to the airport from the hotel was about Rp68,000 on a metered taxi. The walk to Seminyak Square is about 15min.

When walking along the roads in the night, it is best to hold your bags tight & away from the traffic. While walking on Friday night, I heard a scream coming from behind & a woman was exclaiming something about her bag being snatched. I turned & saw a woman in the shadows picking up some belongings on the road. A motorcycle was speeding away. So be careful.

The hotel about 5 stories high with a small pool that is right where the dining area is. The breakfast buffet is not extensive but definitely sufficient. The food was good. Although breakfast stops at 11am. You are allowed to linger on & help yourself to whatever is left at the buffet line, which I thought was nice for guests who only got to the dining area at 11am like me.

The rooms were spacious. Each guest is given 2 plushy pillows & a small cushion unlike some hotels which give you skinny ones which does nothing to support your head.

I got room 5002 which is on the ground floor & the balcony opens up to a wall. That didn’t matter. I arrived on Friday night to realise that there was a club/bar 2 doors down. It seemed really popular on a Friday. The traffic caused a little congestion on the street right in front. The music was loud & I could hear it clearly in my room. However, the music died down about 1+am. The hotel staff assured us that the party was only for that night. Sure enough, the club was less noisy on Saturday night.

I tried the spa. Nothing out of the world but it was very well priced. For a 2 hour massage, I paid about S$91 for 2 persons. Although the menu in the room said that it was Rp600,000 + 21% (taxes & service charges) for 2.5 hours. I recommend that the services be fine-tuned to make the experience better for clients.

On the whole, a great find for me. Got a good deal for the hotel & paid about S$100/night. This hotel is apparently a year old but it looked newer than that. I recommended about 3 other groups of friends to stay there & they all agreed that this was a good choice.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms faces a wall.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Ms Amanduhl,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We are delighted to read your detailed description of your experiences, thanks for your time to share it. Indeed, our hotel is located in the prime location of Seminyak and it is close to all attractions within this area. We pay attention also on safety and security of our clients therefore we always have our security guards standing by in front of our hotel for monitoring the situation, even regular patrols are made by Police as well as village authorities. We will coordinate with our Food and Beverage Dept in order to provide more extensive buffet so then clients can enjoy their breakfast better. Small pillows set up in your room are decorative pillows and it will be moved during turn down services meanwhile the room assigned for you was a superior which is located on the ground floor, we will do our best to provide other rooms located on higher floor on your next stay with us. With regards to the SPA, our rate varies according to each treatments, however we agree on your recommendation so our clients get better experiences.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your thought. We wish that we will get chance to serve you and your friends on the other occasions.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Location
I can't fault it. A short walk from Seminyak Square and next door to Motel Mexicola.
Fab location!

Rooms
We stayed in what I think is called the 'Superior Room'. It was the cheapest of the three. The room rate was aprox $80/night. We only booked one night as we were heading to the south of Bali the next day.

I've never stayed in a room without a window and it was odd. The room is tiny so it can feel a bit claustrophobic in there.

The bathroom is also tiny and while tidy, for a very new property, it is showing some concerning signs of wear and tear. Our bathroom really needed a good scrub. I know mould is hard to deal with in Bali but it'll only get worse if not maintained properly now.

Beds are comfortable and pillows are good.

Facilities
The pool and restaurant area is small but sufficient. I guess "intimate" is a nice word to use.
Pool has a nice feature wall and seemed very clean.

Staff
Couldn't fault the staff. Helpful and polite.

Overall
If you're a light sleeper, I wouldn't recommend it.
I could hear doors slamming all night and was constantly woken up.
My travelling companion had a great sleep and didn't hear a thing though.

If you're looking for a great location, this could be the place for you.

Room Tip: Upgrade and get a room with a window. Natural sunlight is important. Feels a bit like a prison c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LittleStarLane

Dear Ms LittleStarLane,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we take note of your thought about the room, the bathroom in particular and and will have our House Keeping for further maintenance and deep cleaning. We appreciate your other comments such as staffs, facilities especially the location.

Thank you and with best personal regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed one night with a friend. The room was ok for two singles, didn't have any noise issues, the only problem I found was that the bathroom was the smallest I have seen. Staff in the hotel and restaurant were helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brigette N
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Ms Brigitte N,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We thank you for sharing your experience, despite of small bathroom we note that there are no noise issues even though you stay only for one night. Hopefully you will be able to stay longer on your next stay with us so then we can show you the real experience we can offer.

Look forward to your next visit.
With best regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Rooms very very small.. Actually the hotel is very small. The rooms are all very close together and overlook a small pool which you don't really want to swim in as all rooms are right on top and it doesn't get sunlight. Staff very unhelpful and if you can believe it they have rooms with no windows, and others with windows but are locked so you cannot open. We checked straight out away. You can also hear other guests ...staff mentioned it was developed for Japanese business travelers....so not really suitable for relaxing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travelang77

Dear Mrs Travelang77,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thanks for posting your review, we understand that our hotel may not fulfill your expectation. However, we would like to express our sincere apology if our staff seems to be very unhelpful. We do all efforts that staffs would cater all of our clients with their courtesy, passions and assistance.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved our stay. It is situated next door to possibly the best Mexican resto ever. Staff are vey friendly and helpful. The rooms are of a nice size with a balcony that overlooks a 15m pool. Breakfast is nice. The only issue we experienced was a smell from the drains in the bathroom. I will stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidevil
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Mr Davidevil,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Your review is lovely, we are delighted to read that you loved your stay with us especially due to staffs who are friendly and helpful as well as breakfast and room.
We have taken note about your feedback of smell from the bathroom drains, we will take care of it so it will not annoy our next customers too.

We look forward to your smile on your next stay with us.
With best regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I spent our last night here to experience shopping and eating in The Yak. 5 mins in either direction to Oberoi Street or the beach. Right next to Mexicola which make the best margaritas in Bali. Brekkie was really nice, we had dinner there before our flight and it was so so. The bathroom was tiny but functional. Service was good and so were the last cocktails we had before our flight. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Gekky

Dear Ms Gekky,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We appreciate your review and choosing to stay at our hotel for your shopping and eating experience. Indeed, we are located at the most prime location of Seminyak.
We are happy to read that you enjoy our services especially the last cocktails, and would stay with us again.

We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The day before I left I went to reception to book one more night and to make payment for that night plus laundry,phonecalls and bar. I was surprised that I was charged for many phonecalls even though I had only one call answered. As far as I was concerned everything was on track for a hassle free departure the next morning. The reception staff agreed that it was a good idea to make the final payment before then. They had my credit card details. Later that evening I double checked that a wake up call and transport to the airport was all on track. I was told that I had to pay for the transport to the airport and I said I was entitled to one free transfer. I was called in my room a few moments later by reception apologising for the error they had made and to confirm times etc.

I did get my wake up call and was ready to leave my room at 0445 and phoned reception to request assistance with my luggage but there was no answer. There was nobody at reception but found a staff member on the sun bed by the pool. He then tells me I have to pay for the extra charges and would not accept that everything had been paid the day before. The driver arrived and between him and reception I felt as if I was forced to pay again. Meanwhile it was 0530 and I had requested that I leave for the airport at 0500. The driver speed to the airport then after unloading my bags was asked to pay for the transport which I refused to do.

This all spoilt what was a wonderful visit to Seminyak and Ubud The staff prior to this were great. Cheerful,happy, chatty and helpful.

The breakfasts could be improved on as the fruit was not fresh We took our own fruit/museli and youghurt.

The rooms had an odour as if there was a problem with the drains or it could have been the mildew that had formed between the glass and floor in the shower. My friends room had the same odour but not so strong as in my room. I noticed that an evironmental oil was plugged in which made no difference.

This is no reflection on all staff that were great at Sense Hotel but the check in staff at the airport had lost their smiles then there many mice running about the departure lounge!

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mrs Mary C,

Thank you for your review, we would like to express our apology for things happened where there had been miscommunication made internally so therefore it finally affects your stay with us.

We would like to inform you that our phone call system developed is automatically charging every phone calls made with minimum indicated charges once it is connected and final charges will be based on duration of call. Airport transfers are provided at additional cost regardless it is included in your rate quotation. On your case it was not included, but after some considerations we would provided for free but miscommunication occurred amongst the staffs contribute to this mazy arrangement.
Your feed back about our breakfast is appreciated, indeed we are using fresh local fruits but surely we will do our best to improve it. With regards to odor in the room, we usually have cleaned the drains regularly as well as to replace the sealant that adhere the glass and the floor in the shower. Obviously, we will give extra care on it in order to avoid same odor or mildew.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and wish you a nice day.