“Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #69 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth W.A
“Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a regular visitor to Bali I have stayed at many types of hotels and resorts, 3 to 5 star. I thought for the size of the hotel the breakfast was above average, with a good selection. The location is central to the beach, many restaurants and shops. My only gripe was the beer is not cold as they have it in a wine cooler and the prices are quite expensive. I think all rooms have a small balcony but there is no chairs to sit on. Food from the restaurant was very nice and tasty.The staff were friendly and attentive. Personally we would not stay again as we found the pool a little small for my liking and in the shade for quite a bit of the day. Not sure why but most of the Hotels now don't have a top sheet on the bed and the Sense was the same, too hot with the quilt on and too cold with it off.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Mrs Thor47,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for your time to provide your review, we appreciate it. Your gripes have come to our consideration as well.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Gufron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Northern Marianas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This fairly new hotel has a lot going for it: excellent location, friendly staff, clean rooms. Unfortunately, there are still some things to be sorted out. The throbbing baseline to music was ever-present. I thought it would stop at 10 or 11 (this was on. Sunday night). It didn't. I called to complain at 4:30 a.m. and at 6 a.m. It was still audible. This was not bar noise, but music from one of the villas. The other issue was electrical. I asked for a DVD player in my room (they charged me 50,000 rp for it), but after 10 minutes or so of using it, the circuit breaker on my room would trip, and everything would have to be rebooted. This happened 8 or 9 times in 2 hours. Finally they replaced my key card! which solved the problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Mr Saipanjim,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

It was very nice to have you staying with us and thanks for your time to provide your review. We have noted about music from one of our neighbor villa, and we will coordinate about it.
We will take all necessary actions to solve this electricity problem so it will not happen to our other customers.

Thank you and wish you have a nice day.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you bought your room stay in this hotel on Groupon, then be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen. Upon check- in, we were ushered to a room on the lowest floor nearest to the road & with our balcony facing it. We requested for a room change but this only happened 4 nights later so we had to endure the traffic noise every night. The classic part was the set lunch voucher. We passed the waitress our voucher which she accepted. Only after we sat down and ordered the food, we were told that the voucher cannot be used and they wanted us to pay for it. Paying was not a problem but a complete mismatch of expectations there. N a classic joke that they can retract their vouchers anytime. On our massage session, we had booked for 5.30pm but only received a call last minute at 2.30pm saying that we had to shift the massage to 3pm as there weren't enough therapists. Needless to say, we couldn't do it as we were too full from lunch & had to reschedule it. Apart from the pool being quite a nice hang out area, the hotel stay was a complete letdown. This hotel has a long way in understanding how to make their guests feel welcomed & at home.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Ms Kaijin,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We would like to express our sincere apology for all unexpected things experienced during your stay with us. We also had investigated and analyzed where the missing line was so then it ruined your expectation. We have done precaution internally to anticipate same things happen to our other clients. We appreciate your feedback.

Once again our sincere apology of it.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed for 1 week at this hotel and loved it. Great location, short walks to all popular Seminyak areas. This is a new, very clean small hotel and the staff were exceptional. I was in a group of 4 ladies celebrating 2 birthdays and after requesting a few balloons in the (adjoining) rooms as a surprise after a day out, we go more than we bargained for. Balloons everywhere, streamers and ribbons spelling out "happy birthday to you" on the walls, complimentary birthday cake...AND about 10 staff, inlcuding the security guard, to deliver the cake and wish us "happy birthday". Small pool area, but not a problem as there aren't that many guests anyway. Breakfast could have a bit more variety, but for 1 week it was ok. Certainly couldn't fault the quality. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Hotel is "U" shaped - quieter on the inside facing pool/courtyard area. Outside on west h...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Ms dmcd59,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We appreciate your reviews and comments, we are very happy that you like our small surprise on your birthday. We are working on your feedback regarding our breakfast variety.

Thank you and look forward to seeing your smile at Sense Hotel again.
With best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A friend and I stayed here and were very happy with the facilities, location, food and most importantly the level of customer service. Each day at breakfast we were approached by a manager to seek our feedback and to see if there was anything else they could do for us. Luckily we just had to add we were very happy.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool on either side had little balconies
Dear Ms Jwolstencroft,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

It is nice to read your lovely review, we will forward this on to our team especially our GRO who has been personally mentioned. We will do our utmost to keep it.

We wish to have you again on other occasion.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have recently returned from Bali staying at this quiet boutique hotel with my three best friends.
We purchased a Groupon voucher for five nights and added an extra night which was processed easily via emails. The staff were very friendly and obliging. We were there to celebrate my birthday and also my friends birthday. The staff happily decorated our rooms with balloons as arranged and paid for by one of my friends but they went out of their way to add streamers and extra decorations.It was a lovely surprise on our return from a day trip and we were totally surprised when eight of the staff came to our room with a small birthday cake and sang happy birthday.
The rooms were clean, the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable with a lovely doona.
The airconditioner worked perfectly.The towels were changed each day.
The pool was clean and cool and a good depth 1.5m, which made it easy to either walk or swim.
It is a small hotel but that is what made it feel special.
It is within walking distance to the Seminyak square where there is a small market and local bars and restaurants.
Thank you to all the lovely staff for making our holiday special.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Centre rooms had a great view but no balcony or opening windows (which I found great as this kept ou...
Dear Blondie8904,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We are delighted to read your review, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to seeing your smile again at Sense Hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights total - we had Groupon deal for 2 nights and paid US$95 to extend another night. They were nice enough to give us the complimentary 90 min. spa treatment available for those who originally bought the Groupon deal for 3 nights or more. We also got a free upgrade, which was nice.

As some have mentioned, it is a small boutique hotel. Right across is b villa + spa which was where I used to stay previously. Had a great time in both properties but with very different feel. Sense Seminyak is definitely a great place to stay if you're going to be out the whole day, rather than to have lots of pampering done or laze by the pool as it is a small property and not a resort.

The pool looks nice but too small. I didn't swim while I was there because I'll feel like the whole hotel can see me (on all sides you get the balconies opening towards the swimming pool, the access to spa rooms on one side, restaurant on the other, and it's just right behind the reception area.

Breakfast was nice though the combination of dishes can be interesting (first time I saw kung pao chicken for breakfast). I loved the omelette and brie cheeses but I must say I've had better breakfasts at other comparable properties in Bali - wider offering.

Spa treatment was ok though not spectacular. I'd had better massages at regular day spas in Bali previously.

The room was spacious, but the bathroom rather small. Also the toilet seat was stained (it's not dirty... just not spotless either). Oh I was wondering why a hair dryer was provided in the bathroom but no electric socket to plug it in. An oversight perhaps? I can dry my hair in the room too, but considering there's a socket for shaver in the bathroom, I thought it's rather funny not to have a regular socket for the hair dryer / other beauty tools the guest may have. On the upside, we had very comfortable sleep on all 3 nights - nice bed and pillows.

The best thing about this hotel is really the service. The staff are all friendly and welcoming. They are also responsive. My request for iron & ironing board was met quickly, we had an issue with the card slot causing the electricity in our room to go off repeatedly and they quickly come to rectify it. The airport pickup and send off service was nice. They also helped us book a very good & friendly driver for a tour (but if you have other contacts it is way cheaper to rent a car and driver on your own).

In conclusion I'm glad we had the Groupon deal to stay here. It's a nice hotel but I'm not sure we'll come back on full price. =)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank superciliousme
Dear Ms Superciliousme,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for time to share your experience, we are happy to read it especially on your constructive feedback, we put the nose on the grindstone.