“Highly recommended”

Ranked #70 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Chennai (Madras), India
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here with several buddies in March, and we had a very good time. Overall, the hotel is situated in a great location and the service is good. My only complaint was the size of the bathroom. It was too small for the room, but that issue was minor in comparison to the rest of the hotel's positives. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Mr Expatbrewing,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We appreciate your comment and glad to read that you had a good time with us. We note about your feedback of bathroom size. And yet, we will bring it out for further considerations.

We look forward to having you staying us again.
With best regards,

Gufron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located at seminyak andd very convenient place.Just 8 minutes walk to seminyak square. I really love this place.First of all, the reservation officer Kezia reply all the email and arrange everything accordingly. I booked this hotel from Groupon malaysia and stay there fron 25 march till 28 march.Kezia arrange the driver to pick me up from the airport and it was really easy for us.The driver was very polite andqwas eexplaining and showing us around the place on the way to their hotel.we reach the hotel and was serve with cold towel and drink and was given a room. I change room from superior to deluxe and facing the sea to view the sunset. I stay at room 5501.The room was so clean and nice. I arrange with Kezia for candle light dinnner and it was really more then what I expected.Thank you so much. The room was clean daily and their staff keep asking us wherethe everything ok...I would say this is the first time we had great servic from the staff...they also remember my name..the room service was also fast and the food was really nice..breakfast waa good..they had egg station...overall the hotel staff is so helpful and friendly and willing to help...thank you so much for making a wonderful stay...

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ms Jessicanesan,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thanks for your comments and we are happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us. We will forward it on to our staffs especially Kezia who had been in touch and arranging your stay.

We wish to serve you for other wonderful stays with us in the future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sense Hotel 16th - 23rd March for our first trip to Bali. The friendly staff are the hotels best assett. They were polite and gracious at all times. The only real "bogan" behaviour I saw our entire holiday was by an englishman as he was checking out. He yelled at the staff for not having his car ready - apparently he rang down so he wouldnt have to wait in the heat! The staff just went about arranging the car as quickly as possible and I was glad to see him go.
Rooms cleaned beautifully every day, beds turned down, and fresh towels and toiletries and water daily. The beds were suprinsingly very comfortable. The hotel was in a great location for all the amenities of Seminyak and a short taxi drive from Kuta and shopping. The staff always quickly assisted us in geting us a Bluebird taxi whenever we needed.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sense Hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Di_Barry_13
Dear Mrs Di_Barry_13,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak.

We are delightful to read your review, thank you for taking time providing your comment.

We all look forward to seeing your smile at Sense Hotel Seminyak again.

Dubai
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week in the middle of March 2013.

Overall, I echo what many other have said about the Sense - it's fantastically located and very well priced.

Pros:

- Location, location, location: You take a short walk in any direction and you'll stumble upon any number of restaurants, bars, and lounges. I had very good luck with all my meals - for Bali they're expensive, but very cheap by Dubai (where I live) standards, and very tasty.

-Service: The staff at the hotel are very nice and people. Some of their language skills were lacking, but they more than made up for it with their attentiveness and smiles.

-Their pool: It's a smaller pool, but I love the massive waterfall that feeds into it. Very aesthetically pleasing.

- The bed: It was very comfortable and a pleasure to sleep on.

Cons:

Smell: I sometimes had issues with my bathroom smelling bad. The timing of this seemed somewhat random. The rest of the room smelled fine.

Taxi issue: Someone from the hotel suggest I go by a set taxi price from there to Kuta instead of using the meter and that I should pay 100,000 Indonesian Rupiah (the equivalent of $10 US). I took a meter taxi on the way back and it only cost by 25,000 Indonesian Rupiah. This makes me wonder if the hotel employee and cab driver were running some kind of scam.

Food: The food was very ordinary - I would say it's serviceable.

Ambiance: The hotel kind of had this feel of being quiet and peace, sometimes to too much of a degree. I kind of felt like I had to whisper - it was a strange feeling!

Overall it's a very good deal that's incredibly well located.

Ussama

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms Ussama T,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We thank you for your feedback especially on our location, services, and staffs, We will do our utmost to keep it on that level.
We also have taken note for some issues that might be arising inconvenience, we will do some precaution so it will not happen anymore to other customers.

Once again thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you at Sense Hotel Seminyak again.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

As per previous Bali reviews my wife and i have been to Bali some 30+ times over the last 12 years and always Seminyak.Stayed at The Oberoi in our earlier days.Progressed to Santika(Now Samaya)many stays.Tried The Legian next door once(yuk).Progressed to Pradha Villas One Bed Exec Villa(Superb)15 visits.Excellent for privacy.but over that.Thats for the honeymooners.and situated behind Sense Hotel.I now have to confess that the wife and i have just had a 7 night stay at The Sense.Totally Excellent.I am a smoker.had room with a balcony.Spotlessly clean every day.Air Con will part your hair when on high.Daily Fresh Water Bottles.Bathrobes.Crisp White Linen Sheets and towels.Toiletries.Free Wifi in room and in lobby by Restaurant and Fast . The Breakfast was a buffet style,great selection with an Egg station cooked to your liking and it was every day.Having stayed at numerous Marriotts and Sheratons on a world wide basis i was dubious what to expect for such an amazing price how wrong i was.One of the best hotels i have had the pleasure of staying at.
Met the Manager Mr Gufron and was totally delightfull as is all the staff.Every morning at breakfast a young lady comes round and asks guests without intruding if all was o.k.and any problems/requests.Nice Touch.My wife is very fussy=We have booked again for a further two trips this year.Great Location as we know Seminyak like the back of our hand.Dont go past this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pug54
Dear Mr Pug54,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak.

It was very nice to have met you during your stay with us, thanks for your time to provide this review as well as your compliment of our services which certainly to be forwarded on to our staffs. Being a new hotel, it is such a honor of being compared into other long existing properties. However, we will do our utmost to develop on our own way, to achieve what we call an "Homey Atmosphere" for our clients.

We wish to serve you again on your next visit to Bali so then we can chat again.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Seminyak as town is really not to recommend, unless you like overpriced, not too well catering restaurants and hassle over prices for products you don't need. There is nothing to see. BUT when you have made your visit around Bali, and are looking for a place with easy access to the airport, this could be it. The service was very good over all, breakfast was nice and everything is clean and well maintained. Also you can leave your luggage in a storage room on the day of your departure, and you can even take a shower before leaving to the airport!
The real minus comes for the small restaurants nearby, which are absolute rip-offs with dirty tables and even dirtier prices. Also, would recommend that you book the taxi to the airport yourself. The hotel staff tried to push me with a taxi, who refused to use the meter and wanted to charge triple the trip's real price!

Room Tip: At least my superior room on the ground floor was very nice, maybe a bit small for two people, but c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TiinaJ_2013
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Ms Tiina_J 2013,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thanks for providing your review, and we are glad to read that our services could fulfill your needs.
We have taken note about the taxi so it will not be happening anymore.

We look forward to having your staying with us again

oz
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Sense hotel Seminyak for six nights in Feb 2013. I booked and paid for a superior room with a balcony but was given a room with a window which I could see directly into the bedroom next door. The bathroom was very small and smelly - I had the extractor fan in the bathroom turned on all night to get rid of the wafts of sewerage.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Susan W
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ms Lucybr0wn,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comment, we appreciate your feedback. However, please be informed that our room is divided into 3 categories those are Superior without balcony, Deluxe with balcony and Honeymoon Suite. There might be different information featured if Superior Room is with balcony. And yet, we will check and revise it in order to avoid further misunderstanding for our future clients.

With regards to the extractor fan (we assume that it is the exhaust fan placed at the bathroom ceiling) is installed for air circulation and it is integrated with the light switch, so it will always turned on when the light is on. Your feedback of smelly bathroom comes to our attention too, we will take care of it.

Hope that we can have you staying with us again.