“A wonderful stay at Sense Hotel Seminyak”

Sense Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #71 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our 4 night stay at this boutique hotel. The service is outstanding and the staff were keen to do everything possible to make our stay a very comfortable one. From the moment we checked in to the time we left, we felt very well looked after. It was particularly pleasing to arrive at breakfast and find that the staff were so willing so cater for vegetarians - they offered us vegetarian fried rice and vegetarian noodles, in addition to the other items such as breads, pastries and cereals that were on offer from the buffet.

The standard rooms are a little smaller than we'd expected (particularly the bathrooms), but still very comfortable. The hotel is pretty new, and well maintained. It'd be nice to see the bathroom have a normal detachable shower as well as the overhead rain shower... just a minor suggestion for improvement!

Free WiFi is on offer throughout the hotel and is easy to use, even with multiple devices, however speeds are generally slow. We found that a simPATI 3G SIM card worked out better for surfing - it's really cheap to buy a starter SIM pack from a local shop and top it up with a data bundle.

In terms of location, the advantage of staying at Sense Hotel is that it is just walking distance from some wonderful places... 5 minutes away from Seminyak Beach and the Jalan Petitenget area. Check out the delightful Petitenget cafe if you're there... it's just a few minutes away from the hotel. It's so much cheaper to stay at Sense Hotel and walk 100m to get to the beach, rather than staying at one of the resort hotels located right on the beach. Also you get the benefits of being at a smaller boutique hotel and escaping the hustle and bustle of a resort.

We'd definitely recommend Sense Hotel to our friends and look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: I would recommend a Deluxe room as they are more spacious than the standard one that we stayed in.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank neilmadhvani
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Ms Neilmadhvani,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thank you for taking your time writing your review and making observation about our property. We appreciate your compliment to our staffs, and we have taken note of your feedback about our Wi-Fi so then we can improve the speed.

Once again thank you very much for your thoughts and recommendation.
Look forward to welcoming you again at Sense Hotel Seminyak.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have spent two nights so far at this hotel and have found staff very friendly and service excellent. It is situated in a very quiet street, but no problems getting a taxi and is only a very short walk from the beach and Seminyak shopping Mall. The breakfast is more than adequate with a selection of hot and cold. I will definitely stay here again and more than happy to recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the superior room, top level and the room size is good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon H

Dear Ms Sharon H,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

We are delighted to read your review thank you very much for it. Glad to hear that our services could fulfill your expectation. We appreciate your help to recommend us to your family and friends.

Meanwhile, look forward to seeing your smile again at Sense Hotel "the Little Gem of Seminyak.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Purchased quite a cheap deal from Groupon Malaysia. An excellent place to stay in Bali if you want to avoid overcrowded area like Kuta. It is not too crowded but not too quiet either. Just in between. Stayed in a superior room which is comfortable and clean. Plus wifi is provided for FREE at the entire hotel. Staffs are super friendly and helpful, and they were willing to help us to call and book a tourist guide. The package include airport transfers, which is a bonus.
Five-minute walk to the beach, where swimming and sun-bathing is not allowed due to religious reason. But you can just walk for about 20 minutes to Legian and further down to Kuta (I took about 2 hours to walk to Kuta, with a very slow pace). So all in all, they have made my stay in Bali a memorable one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank znzhdhznl
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Ms Znzhdhznl,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Glad to read your lovely review, thank you very much for it. We have also forwarded it on to our staffs who actually contribute making your stay memorable.
We hope that we can have you staying with us again on your next visit.

Thank you and with best personal regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As I write this review, I AM still waiting for the hotel to pick me up from AIRPORT! And I have waited for 1 hour and 15 mins and still continue counting!!
I wrote in 2 weeks before my arrival to confirm the date and time of my flight. And I sent an email 1 day before my arrival to reconfirm and remind the hotel. But no reply from them and I sensed something might go wrong!
True enough! When I arrived at the airport, no one picking me up and I have to waste my international call to call the hotel and only they send the driver over... Stating that it will take 15 mins! And now many 15 mins have passed and I wasted half of my day and my schedule is screwed and trip is ruined! Thanks to Sense Hotel!

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Clare_Wyc
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Ms Clare_Wyc,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,
Thank you for your review written while waiting for us at the airport. We would like to express our apology for inconvenience you experienced during your arrival with us. Yes, there had been miscommunication regarding your airport pick up. However, we will improve our communication way so therefore other clients may not have this kind of experience.

We hope that finally you enjoyed your stay after this unexpected welcome.

Apologitically yours,

Gufron,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been staying at Sense for a week now and still have a few more nights. It is a dream come true. We arrived late at night to have a fresh, friendly welcome from the staff here.

The room is clean, the bed is comfy and the bathroom is amazing. The rainfall shower is great. We have a deluxe room which includes a small balcony, it's nice to be able to open the doors and let the air in.

We had a poolside room which was great. At breakfast one morning, Sugiantini asked us if there was any questions, I asked if there is a good room to see the sunset from. The next morning we were moved to an ocean view room.... WOW!

The staff here are so accommodating, the food is great. The breakfasts are pretty good an great if you order from the menu.

The area is great. Make sure you go to grocer and grind, the junction, and la lucciola. The beach is so close, and although you can't swim (sacred Hindu beach) it is perfect for a walk into legian as the sun is setting.

Thankyou for a great stay and we look forward to our last few days here.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Phoebeamelia

Dear Ms Phoebeamelia,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,
Thanks for your lovely review and compliment for our staff especially Sugiantini. Glad to hear that you enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel is about 7 months 'new'! There are limited rooms and so it makes the hotel a little more private. The rooms are moderate in size, not too big and not too small (booked into a Superior room). They are really comfortable and clean. The service is superb and the staff are friendly and ready to accommodate. For a new hotel, I have to commend their staff. Though the pool is rather small, but its nice to just lounge around on the sub bed and play in the water. I've seen some complaints about the air cond but I don't think they were noisy. And what attracted me was how clever they were in tastefully hidding the aircond units behind designer panels. I thought it was a brilliant idea and very creative.

Location wise, its about 10mins from the popular hot spots around Seminyak area. The famous Ku DeTa is also walking distance away.

On the flip side, breakfast buffet isn't that great and you don't wake up to a beach. I didn't attempt the 5 minutes walk to the beach but was told that the area where the beach is is rather unpleasant and because there's a hindu temple, it isn't quite suitable if you just want to chill and play at the beach. So if you're planning a beach holiday, this may not be a perfect hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle C
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Ms MichMabelle,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,

Thanks for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to read it.
However, we have taken note about your comment of our breakfast, we will discuss it internally for better presentation and variation.

Once again thank you, and hopefully we could see you again during your next trip to Bali.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed with my son at the Sense hotel in Seminyak.
I normally reside in the Kuta Legion areas of Bali but wanted a change and it was a shorter visit.
I booked thru the Agoda booking service and stumbled upon this little gem.
Now its not an upmarket sort of hotel but I will try and describle my personal experience.
Hotel is a boutique style which would suit family or couples looking for a quiet visit to Bali but remember getting to the noisier more active areas is just a taxi ride away,at great prices.
I found the rooms to be very clean and modern with most room veiws down onto the pool area.
The rooms all had a modern tv with mini bar and tea coffee making facitity.
The staff all over the hotel were very freindly and helpful and the morning breakfast was similar to other hotels i have stayed.
You have the choice of breakfast juice cereals and variety of breads croissant and Bali style Nasi Mie goreng also in the hot section were eggs bacon tomato beens and boiled potato.
A varity of fruit also and an unlimited amount of tea or coffee.
Now its located just a short walk,about 5 minutes from Seminyak square but also a courtesy bus is available to drop you at the same square.
If your looking for a quiet time and a few massage and relax at an affordable price then this could be for you.
Remembering Seminyak is serviced by some wonderful eateries,Sip is one that springs to mind but thats another story.
The Spa facilities and quality of massage was also great so go ahead and book.

Room Tip: I had room 416 but am pretty sure they all look down onto pool area with very modern lift so dont wo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poss13
Gufr0n, General Manager at Sense Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Mrs Poss13,

Warmest greetings from Sense Hotel Seminyak,
Thanks a lot for your reviews. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoy your stay with us at the little gem of Sense Hotel Seminyak and our wonderful team making your experience even more pleasurable.

We look forward to hosting your again soon.
With best regards,