“A cool, Balinese gem ...”
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #42 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Arriving at this cool, open concept of a hotel, with extra-spacious rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds, was a great start to the wonderful holiday my daughter and I just had in Bali. The staff are amazing, their smiles and their helpfulness certainly shows genuine Balinese hospitality. We were attended to so well, that no matter what we needed, or where we were at the hotel -- the staff at the front desk, housekeeping, pool attendants, at the restaurant for breakfast, or food and drinks at the bar, we always received excellent service. The hotel's location is so central that we only had to walk up and down the streets of Seminyak which are loaded with a huge choice of great restaurants and bars (all lined up around the hotel area) as are the best beach clubs in Bali, and of course the quaint shopping boutiques. After a full day out in the sun, or a day trip sightseeing, my daughter and I were always happy to head back for to the hotel for a few relaxing evening drinks and yummy snacks at the bar before heading to our cozy room. What an amazing value for money which includes an offering of little unique but great touches (besides the usual soap and pillow options). They do complimentary all day breakfast, anywhere you want it as well as a late check out if needed. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel, because you will not be disappointe. I know when I return to this beautiful island I would make sure to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Twinkle_T0es_Diva
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

As a Westerner currently living in Jakarta, I wanted a mini-weekend getaway to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. I already spent two weeks in Bali in August doing all the touristy stuff, and just wanted a place that I could bum around and relax for two days. U Paasha was perfect location!!

I arrived close to 2 AM on Saturday night (flight delayed), but the staff was still there to check me in and get me settled for the evening. The beds were extremely comfortable and wonderful for a lazy morning and once I got up and moving, I was able to enjoy a delicious breakfast and a relaxing day at the pool. The hotel is close to many great restaurants, but the pool cafe serves some yummy dishes as well. I spent Sunday at the pool all the way up until I was picked up for the airport on Sunday and check out was fast and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We arrived early from Bangkok and check-in was smooth and fast. Break fast is awesome even though selection is a bit on the lighter side. Food on the Pool is amazing and cheap. Drinks are 2 for 1 after 5 PM. Service is great there. Rooms are large. Perfect location for shopping and experiencing the nicer side of Bali. Great location and easy to get to UBUD and other touristy stuff like Ulluwatu and Tane Lot.

Room Tip: stay on the upper floors....
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willie1975
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel located exactly at the centre of Seminyak, great location, with famous restaurants around.
Has spacious room, clean , nice interior decoration, perfect lighting design, comfortable bed,pillow, make us have good slept.
Very nice View from roof top bar , we even can see the sea from here.
Interior decoration at the lobby also very special,cozy.
Nice and very help full staff, and polite.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Bali for a short one week holiday and decided to split our stay into two parts - the first halve closer to the beach and second up in the cultural center - Ubud!

We decided to stay at U Paasha in Seminayak and were not disappointed. We didn't want to spend too much money on the hotel since we were planning on diving and were not going to be at the hotel almost the entire day.

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at U Paasha. It was bang on the busy streets with lots of boutiques, restaurants and bars. This was super helpful cause we didn't have to go very far to eat or drink (specially after a long day of diving).The hotel lobby was swanky and the rooms very comfortable. They have a 24 check in check out policy which was convenient. They also have breakfast included which can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime up until 11pm which was very nice specially on vacation when you want to sleep in and not set any alarms.

The only negatives that I can think about (which weren't a very big deal for us) is that there was a slight musky smell every time we entered our room. And also the free internet was a little slow. But that's ok! Fast enough to check emails while on holiday!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Umehani
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Perfect location at the center of Eat Street in Seminyak - so you have all the action at your doorstep, yet the hotel itself is a haven of tranquility with zen-like interiors, and a stunning rooftop pool with a view over neighboring roofs and the ocean (gorgeous sunsets).
The rooms are very large, with comfortable beds, and have spacious bathrooms with twin wash basins. Amenities are great too, with your choice of fragrance.
Breakfast is served when and where you like it.
And they offer a gym, plus complimentary sunrise yoga lessons on Saturday.
What more can I add? Staff are all very nice and service minded. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this hotel. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 5-star hotel at a bargain price.

Room Tip: All rooms come with a terrace, ask for one facing west if you would like to enjoy the sunset
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CDM78
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great location and spacious room. only 8 minutes walk to Seminyak Beach. Lots of restaurants close by.

Staffs were super friendly. I emailed the hotel manager, Harry Nurbito to inquire about transportation and for a higher floor, he followed up and answered all my questions prior to my arrival.

The room includes free wi-fi & breakfast. They offered various local exotic fruits. I love the passion fruit! Latte, espresso, cappuccino also included with breakfast!

They hotel offers airport pickup for US$30. It cost me < US$8 for a taxi from the airport. Due to the recent increase in gas price (>40%), taxi from airport to the hotel did go up slightly from 60,000RP to 80,000RP. Still a lot cheaper than the hotel car. I travelled by myself and felt safe the whole time.

Rather than hiring a hotel driver for a day for US$80, I located an excellent driver from a TripAdvisor referral. He only charges 500,000 RP a day (about $43) for 10 hours!! He was punctual, courteous and I felt completely safe with him traveling alone. He even stayed late so he could take me back after I watched the sunset on Jimbaran Beach. His name is Buda from Buda Bali Tour. email: budayasa_nyoman@yahoo.co.id www.budabalitour.com

Dollar is strong against the IDR now. Bali is truly an amazing place. Great time to visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo