U Paasha Seminyak
ANANDA RESORT(Seminyak)
  • Pool
IZE Seminyak(Seminyak)
1,390 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationeat streetrooms are hugeall day breakfastshower and toiletthe penthousebuffet breakfastcafe balirestaurants and shopsyour doorsteploved this hotelopen planthe air conditioningmotel mexicolalate flightegg station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

For the price of this hotel, it was definitely a good find. Our room was a twin and we had comfy beds and plenty of room. The breakfast buffet is great - good selection and serves for a long time period.
We really appreciated that we didn't have to checkout until the same time that we checked in; helped us to make the most of our last day without having to pay for an additonal nights accomodation. Enjoyed the Saturday morning yoda session at the pool - was a really nice touch.
Just a couple of points that we were disappointed with.....this hotel has one of the worst showers I've ever experienced! the water pressure is very low and this gets worse with the later in the day you get your shower. The couple of times that I got a shower after 7pm, there was also very little hot water. The decoration is really modern but the cleanliness around the bathroom sink area could be better - it looked as though it had never been wiped below the bench area against the wall!
We unfortunately lost a credit card whilst in Bali and had money taken out of our account. We needed to urgently call the bank in Australia but this was impossible to do from the room, so we went to the front desk and the person we had assisting was obviously not familiar with the phone system as continually told us that that 'emergency 24/7 365 number' was busy with no holding message?!! We went to another receptionist who was much more efficient and able to put us through to the correct number immediately! Just a little frustrating in an already stressful situation!

A great hotel though, with lovely friendly staff on the whole and I would definietly recommend to anyone, especially for the location, pool and gym area. I do agree with other reviews regarding the very noisy aircon though - probably annoying if you're a light sleeper but we were fine!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August.

Pros:
1. Great location: Right in the middle of the action. Surrounded by good restaurants and is walking distance to Semniyak Square and the beach.
2. Pleasant staff and ever smiling staff who were always eager to help.
3. Spacious rooms with comfortable beds
4. Great view from the pool on the roof.
5. Decent spread at breakfast
Cons:
1. They have a 24 hour check-in policy which meant that we had to wait for an hour to get the rooms even though we had arrived at 3 PM.
2. Noisy air-conditioner in our room which kept humming like a wind turbine was a minor irritant

Would recommend staying here due to the great location.

Room Tip: If possible, take a room on the higher floors rather than the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anmol B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great hotel centrally located - almost brand new - wonderful service and awesome rood top pool
Its on the main strip - close to all cafes beach restaurants and shops
The service is amazing -even during the day the pool staff bring you fruit skewres and cold face washers to refresh
Breakfast is varied and is very good and rooms are modern
You dont hear the noise from your room
Id stay definitely again - in fact am thinking November

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at U Paasha for a week in two seperate interconnecting rooms early to mid September and the quick summary is perfect location, simplicity and beauty but much work needed with the staff.

The long story is I originally had a booking error and was given a lower rate by the hotel not open to the public. After booking and my email confirmation coming for the two rooms I get an email from Harry, the Reservation Manager advising I may not have this rate. I was rather upset at the point more than the money, emails went back and forth of him apologising but saying I can't stay at the rate confirmed. It was not until I took it to the Hotel Manager they advised I can keep the rate.

Upon arriving at the hotel you are treated by the most beautiful foyer (more so at night). Check in on the first room was simple and fast (it was midnight). Check in for the second room 2 days later was 5 hours late, luckly we have another room. The pool is fantastic for tanning, can get a little windy however I liked that. The down side of the pool is the amount of deck chairs, every day there is many missing one, not good enough in my opinion. The gym is well equipped and you get a great view over seminyak, not to mention free bottled water - rare in Bali!

The rooms themselves were stunning in every way, I lived the earthy-esque of it all. BRAND NEW. Polished concrete, frosted glass, bamboo, king koil bedding and a huge room. It almost felt too big because of the amount of furniture. Plenty of room for guests to relax if they come over. The toilets and showers aren't the most private if you worry about that stuff. The only downside I have is the mini bar. A. it barely chills. B. it's tiny. C. staff like to take your stuff out.

Staff in the hotel are amazingly friendly as you'd expect however you're better off doing everything yourself. And I don't say that loosely. Any request is welcomed but because the hotel is new the staff are undertrained/don't speak English very well yet (I understand its not Australia but in a tourism city it's expected). Maids often tried to "save the environment" or whatever their excuse is by not changing bedding.

Beware of the front foyer stairs, the waterfall often leaks on to the polished cedar. I slipped and fell damaging a pair of glasses and my back.

The location could not be bet anywhere in Seminyak. No money change on-site which is frustrating but a safe and friendly lady next door does it with a receipt. Buffet Breakfast was well set up and a huge variety but I got bored. They couldn't poach eggs. Omelette was delicious and fruit and salad options was impressive. Never tried waffles etc. bacon was always overcooked. Coffee was average (but they had soy), walk to the left 3 doors down and drop in at revolver for coffee - your mind will be blown. A la carte in room was better than buffet, much enjoyable and an awesome option, especially free up until 11pm. One day hungover I had breaky at 5pm and was loving life!

Never ate lunch or dinner at the hotel but the "famous" BBQ looked nice.

At the end of the day it is a beautiful addition to the middle of eat street but it is still too early to run seamlessly. I wouldn't stay again for the fact I like trying new places but in 6 months this place will be worth while.

Ps. I'll add heaps of pics soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank boew
UPaasha S, General Manager at U Paasha Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear boew,
Greetings from U Paasha Seminyak.
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your time at U Paasha Seminyak. Your constructive comments go a long way in allowing us to attend to any issues that may occur and also keep a close eye on maintaining the elements of your stay that met your expectations for the benefit of our future guests.
It was a pleasure to read about the aspects of your trip that you enjoyed and I will pass on your praise to the staff personally regarding their friendly demeanour. I am especially delighted that you found our location, design, room and facilities to be to your liking as there is a lot of competition in Seminyak and we endeavour to provide our guests with something a little bit different and special when compared to our competitors. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wide selection of dishes we offer in our breakfast buffet and the unique U concept of “anytime/anywhere” breakfast as the feedback we have received from our guests indicates that they find the convenience of this service to be one of the highlights of their stay. Your comments regarding the eggs and bacon have been well noted and passed on to my Executive Chef.
I must offer my sincerest apologies that despite your overall satisfaction with your stay there were certain aspects that did not live up to your expectations. I noticed from your Trip Advisor profile that you have visited Bali before and would like to address your comments point by point as we sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your company again.
I regret that an error on our part regarding the room rate caused you such inconvenience and am glad that you bought it to my attention. As we operate with complete transparency I felt obliged to honour the rate you were given in error and am happy that this issue was resolved to your satisfaction.
I am sorry that there was a delay in allocating you a second room for your party. We do operate another unique U policy of 24 hour use of room which means that whatever time you check-in you can check-out at the same time on your day of departure although we do ask our guests to reconfirm their arrival time in advance to allow us to allocate rooms in our system to avoid delays. Unfortunately although a rarity this is what happened in your case where the previous guest had a later check-out than expected. We are looking at ways in which this issue can be addressed while at the same time catering to our entire guests’ satisfaction.
As I have mentioned in a prior review we have ordered extra furniture for the poolside to accommodate our guests’ needs.

I have personally inspected the minibar in the rooms you occupied and had my engineers adjust them for optimum chilling. I have instructed my Housekeeping Manager to remind her staff that when replenishing the minibar to leave the guest’s items in place should they come across any.
I appreciate your comments regarding the staffs’ language skills and would like to inform you that our Human Resource hold constant training sessions to improve on this.
If I may politely inform you that our room attendants do not use “saving the environment” as an excuse for not changing the bedding but as a genuine part of our group’s corporate social responsibility which is mirrored in a vast number of international hotels worldwide. We do place a tent card beside the TV advising guests that if they wish their bedding to be changed to place the card on the bed and the staff will gladly do so. Maybe you did not notice this so I have asked the staff to more the card to a more prominent position.
I have informed my Housekeeping and Engineering teams of your incident with the lobby stairs and, along with thanking you for making us aware of this, hope that you have made a full recovery.
May I end by saying on behalf of the entire U team we were delighted to serve you as our valued guest and hope to see you again in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,

Gindo Sianturi

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved our stay at U Paasha from the very time we checked in. The layout and decor of the hotel is very contemporary and refreshing. Much different from other hotel kind settings. Hotel is situated at one of the most happening streets - spa, eating places and shopping can all be done in 5 mins walk. Beach is also a comfortable 10 - 15 minutes walk away. Breakfast was excellent - variety of options with smiling staff to help out. Rooms are really big, spacious with comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Take a room on the higher floor, preferably not on ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple