“Beautiful, luxurious new hotel - did not want to leave!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of U Paasha Seminyak

U Paasha Seminyak
Ranked #49 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful, luxurious new hotel - did not want to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked a last minute package trip to Bali through Expedia before starting a new job, and chose U Paasha after a lot of deliberation. I had never been to Bali before and was travelling solo so decided to please myself on the location etc! Even though U Paasha is a new hotel,so had very few reviews compared to some of the other accommodation options in Seminyak, the reviews that were available were glowing and the hotel looked really good online. I was so happy with my choice. The lobby area was really unique, upon arrival just after 11pm, I was greeted warmly by staff at reception and given a nice cold towel to refresh myself. I was given a choice of soaps and escorted to my room. WOW! The suite was huge, and about 1/2 the size of my 3 bedroom apartment in Sydney! Huge comfy king size bed, mattress and pillows were so comfy that if I hadn't been in Bali, I don't think I'd have wanted to leave the bed! The next morning I went for the inclusive breakfast which was really good - the free wifi in the hotel is strongest in the lobby and restaurant areas so a good opportunity to check emails/plan your day while having breakfast. The restaurant staff were fantastic - very friendly, efficient and polite - nothing was too much trouble. They did not forget my name from the first morning to the end of my trip which was impressive given the hotel was fully booked at times! A special mention to Rini and Eris who looked after me so well during the trip. Breakfast is served in the restaurant 7am - 10am but I believe you can order it to have in your room or by the pool at other times. After breakfast, I went to the roof top pool which was just amazing, so serene and peaceful given that the hotel is in a busy area, you would never know whilst lying by the pool! Comfy loungers, the staff there were fantastic too bringing towels, opening umbrellas etc. I had lunch by the pool 2 or 3 days, they had a reasonable menu (sandwiches, burgers, fries etc - around $8 AUD) so rather than leave the luxury of the pool for lunch, I got it delivered to my lounger!
I ate in the restaurant two nights, and was the only person there on both occasions - maybe given the fact that I was on holidays solo and found it more comfortable to eat at the hotel, but the steak , dessert, cocktails and service was all fantastic.

Location wise - as I had never been to bali, i was unsure of where to stay, but the location was perfect - 200m walk to Seminyak Square shopping area, with lots of restaurants and shops directly on the street outside. I walked quite a bit around Seminyak but cabs were always available within a minute directly outside the hotel on the street. Because the hotel is so new, alot of cab drivers did not know where it was - so I found it easier to say Seminyak Square when returning to the hotel.

I found a fantastic spa on a walk one day, about a 5 min cab ride or 20 minute walk away from the hotel called the Sundari Day Spa. I had a 3 hour package and it was to die for. Up there with some of the 5 star spas I've visited in Dubai and the U.S! Very reasonably priced and i even bought some massage oil and face products to bring home with me.
Also, upon recommendations from friends prior to my trip, I went to visit 2nd Skin leather shop (close to Semara resort and Potato Head) where I had a beautiful leather jacket made. Was very pleased with this.

Overall, I had a fantastic trip, my only regret was that I only had 5 nights at the hotel and in Bali! I will definitely be back to U Paasha on my next trip. Thank you to the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor which did not have any views, but for the time I spent in the room (shower...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cianandamy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Lovely hotel, was everything the pictures on the website promised. Generally satisfied with my stay except for a few small grouses. Firstly, the wifi in the room was not working, to my great disappointment. I had been planning to do some research on places to eat and visit while in Seminyak, arriving armed with a list of recommendations, but was unable to do so. The wifi in the lobby was supposed to be working, but I was unable to connect most of the time. Wifi in the room was one of the main factors I considered when I was choosing a hotel, so I was quite bummed about this. Secondly, the bathroom design, though beautifully minimalist, lacked a simple shelf for placing toiletries. We ended up putting all our bottles on the floor. And we were puzzled as to why they toilet door was frosted but not the one to the shower. Not very convenient when you're not travelling as a couple. And lastly, even though a big deal was made out of having us choose our favorite soaps when checking in, none of our soap choices materialized over our 3-night stay. This was more amusing to us than anything so we just left it. Overall, the staff were really friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious (killer croissants!) and we had a good stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lunezero
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stumbled on to U Paasha Seminyak by chance after scouring the Internet for a place to stay, and I'm so glad I found it! The service was five star. The hotel is amazing. The beds were incredibly comfortable, I had the best sleep I've had in months. We had a wonderful stay here and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Nicely appointed rooms-with great large beds, great bathrooms, good brealfast, great location. Great checkin/checkout. Rooftop pool is great, make sure you have breakfast on the roof during your stay! Recommended!

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

The location of U Paasha is perfect, near Seminyak square , in eat street.Walking distance to Mamasan, 15 minutes walk to Potato Head.Service fantastic, room huge, roof top pool and bar fantastic, with some of the best views in Seminyak.Great concept with breaky anywhere and anytime.Would definitely recommend to everyone.Evan if not staying here , the roof top bar is a must at sunset

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank max2008_12
Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The foyer is magnificent marriage of contemporary and Asian design, spacious and modern. The reception service amazing, matching my cheap online-gained price, when I extended my stay. I liked that I got to choose the soap type for my room, a lovely touch. The room is huge, with glass walled toilet and shower, loved it. I only had one small complaint, and that was my emperor king coil bed was a little too hard for me, but that comes down to personal taste. The gym has a great view over over Seminyak and beyond on the 5th floor, with state of the art equipment. The pool is on the roof, with palm trees and magic sunrises and sunsets, and is open 24 hours. The attendants bring all sorts of things during the day, from fruit to cold wet towels...just perfect. I liked the breakfast, simple and fresh. The coffee was amazing, and the restaurant won me from there on. I think the best thing at UPaasha is the ability to check out 24 hrs post the time you check in, giving versatility. Really LOVED staying here, close to many of my fav eateries and an easy walk to minimarts. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I looked at a number of rooms, and they were all uniform. However the ground floor had no view and w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jodi O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

U Paasha was perfect for my 3 night Seminyak stop over. Traveling on my own, I wanted something safe and central and foun exactly this at U Paasha, as well as incredible service (they learn your name), beautiful large rooms and a stunning rooftop pool. The hotel is located right in the middle of the Seminyak boutique shopping strip, within walking distance to the beach and surrounded by great restaurants and bars. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013