“Bedbugs”

Ranked #76 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Bedbugs”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I am not someone who likes to write bad reviews. But this is the first hotel I have stayed In Bali that makes me go through a horrific experience.I have over 100 bites by both bedbugs and mozzies. It prolly is that the linen is unclean. For our whole six nights, they did not change our bed sheets at all. Merely just tidying it up.

on our last night, me and my friend wanted to order KFC delivery as we have tried to call many times, till our credit in the SIM card is running really low. We seek the reception for help. The reception does not bother to even help us phone, despite we willing to pay for a phonecall. Their excuse was, "the hotel phone broke down.. Use your own phone" (Are you serious!!??) then tried to brush us off.. Then Put on an ignorant look.
We were hungry , all the shops are closed. We had to put up with the noises in our stomach till we checked out at 5am to catch our morning flight.

Lastly, I shall also, mention some good points of the hotel to be fair.
1. Good location and close to 66 beach.
2. Walking distance to Ku de Ta
3. The spa in the hotel is very nice.

Other than that, don't bother wasting your time. But I have to agree, what u pay is what you get. But you can find better ones. Ping hotel, fave hotel, is still a good bargain and just ard the corner. Will not come back to grandmas again. Sorry.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Rainbowskyy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have only ever used the Spa at this hotel and can say its very clean and professionally run.
I have had a number of treatments here mainly massages, this time i had the fish spa which included a back/neck massage ! DEVINE.... The girls are all very considerate and the times i have been they havent chatted during massage when sharing a room. Love the fact they wipe your feet over before you have a massage...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chichy
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location: close to beach and shops yet the room was quiet. Good service: the front desk agents spoke very good English and were pleasant. The room was alright: very small but clean, comfy bed, the bathroom had a shower stall, ac worked very well, but you couldn't leave it on when you left because you need the key in a special slot to turn the room power on, which was annoying, nice TV with cable. Value was average : It was 330,000 rp/night for the low season which seemed a good deal at first, but since breakfast wasn't included and we couldn't find cheap breakfast nearby, it didn't end up being that good of a deal. The pool was very small and had no lounging area because it was between the restaurant and the desk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stay in Grandmas for 6 days and i don't have enought words to discribe how good was it. The service is amazing, always with a smile. The spa is great and very good prices. The pool and the restaurant are very nice too. Paying AUD 33 per night i would say is the best deal. Anso, is soooo near the beach and heaps of restaurants and shopping :) hands up to the staff!! I love it!!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Laizalore
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I go to this place with my best friends, we choose this hotel because close to the beach, and yes its true very close to the beach. Room good for budget hotel, but the towel we got dirty and old, bath room very small too and shower not good in our room, air con and TV good, but no service for carrying your bag, good restaurant, we eat in there for dinner and breakfast, little bit surprise with mineral water price, so better choose other drink, but for all the food is good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank iyen_she
Northam Western Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The worst hotel experience I've had in my 10 visits to Bali. I arrive early hours of the morning from Perth and had booked my room for the day before to ensure a room was available at 2am, I arrived at the hotel and my room wasn't available and i then had to sleep on the beach until morning and returned to hotel about 11:30am and was given a room. On my entry to the room i noticed a large black grease like stain on the top bed cover and pillow cases, I took photo on my Ipad and notified reception, the said they would change the linen. I left my room for a few hours and when i returned it appear that the linen had been changed but I looked at the underside of the cover and there was the big black stain, it had not been changed but just turned over, Not Happy Jan, will never stay at this hotel again or recommend to my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Spartacvs2012
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My partner and I have just recently returned from Bali & staying at Grandmas for 8 nights.
This is a excellent place to stay in. In saying this, don't expect anything else. This is a budget hotel. No porter to carry your bags when you arrive or when you leave. We found the staff to be extremely friendly & very helpful. The room is small but we found it to be adequate. Bathroom is also very small & they only provide you with 2 towels. They have shampoo & soap on a dispenser. TV works great & air conditioning works well & its not noisy during the night.There is no mini bar but they do provide you with 2 bottles of water each day which comes in handy. The only drawback was it was a little noisy early in the morning & when people were coming home from a night out. This could perhaps have been where we were located.
The restaurant is good. Again the staff are extremely friendly & very helpful. The menu is basic but we dined there several times & didn't have a problem. There are no deck chairs by the pool. Swimming pool is very small and the water is clean & refreshing. Location is excellent. Just a 5 min walk to the beach & so close to shops and restaurants.
Would recommend this place for everyone who just wants a clean, no frills budget hotel. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple