“Good value, good location, clean”

Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #72 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just came back from there and stayed there between Feb 10 - 17. That was our first time in Bali and it was totally cool. I checked this hotel comments on different websites before going there but couldn't be sure so i didn't book. When we went to Seminyak, we checked other hotels nearby but they were quite expensive and not that good, Finally we came here, checked room and looked very nice to us. Got the room. Small room with bathroom, clean and nice. So we decided to stay here and spent one week. Most hotels prices also include breakfast but this one. But that's OK, not that much problem cuz price is quite good for this hotel and the environment. You can reach Seminyak beach by walking at most 8-10 mins. This was very important for me. Tv has nearly more than 40 channels and AC works well. I think heat insulation of rooms very good cuz after 2 hours our room was still cold :)

At the entrance of the hotel, there is a restaurant/cafe. As I remember it is called City 99. At first time I thought restaurant belongs to hotel but it is not. So every time you drink or eat sth, u have to pay it that time. Near the restaurant there is a very very small swimming pool, sometimes you can enjoy in the pool but u can not spend your whole time near pool :) Its getting boring :)))

Restaurant and hotel staff very cute and friendly. They always smile at you and say hi, hello, good morning, good evening... etc.

If you want everyday your room is cleaned regularly. But towels are not changed everyday. Sometimes can be used for 2 days. There is a shower gel and shampoo on the wall in the bathroom. So u dont need to buy... I think they dont check the bottles of shampoo and shower generally cuz first our shower gel was finished after that shampoo and nobody made them full. I told sb in the reception to make them full, after may be 10 minutes sb came and filled them.

Check in time is very late. They told us to came at 14.00 pm. We had to wait for 3 hours. We went there at 13.00 and our room was ready and we could check in. And about the check out time if u ask them you should check out at 11.00 am and it is very early, When I said it is very early, we could check out at 12.00 as normal check out time like every hotel.

If we will go to Seminyak again ( hope we can) and if we will not be rich till that time :))), we will certainly go back here.

Enjoy your vacation !!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gokcece

Reviewed February 18, 2013

If you are looking for a budget hotel with no frills then Grandmas is a good option close to Seminiyak beach. Its walking distance. I had a problem with the TV in the room and staff very efficient and got me another room immediately. Wifi speed was average. Overall for the price its very decent. I found the room size pretty small

Room Tip: Higher floor and facing the beach. But fishtank windows will not allow much of a view :-(
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SandeepBalaji
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is my second adventures in Bali. I came here in vacation. I know this hotel because It's recommended by my friend. I came here and I got cheap price in good facilities in this area. Maybe my friend know that I like shopping, so she recommend me about this hotel. Strategic location and great value. Very recommended for people who like shopping in Bali. The price is good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jessica m
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel over new year in Bali
I loved it
Its relatively new - very clean - everything works - and includes cable tv and wifi
Its got everything you need and its dirt cheap
The location is excellent - a couple of hundred metres from the beach - yet out of the centre of Kuta which I find a little seedy
For this price the room is very small and don't expect any luxuries or an awesome pool and don't book your honeymoon here - but all the basics work and for a short stay its awesome

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank shoestringtraveller
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay in this hotel just for one night in my last journey in Bali. This hotel's price is so cheap, and I get everything like the amenities is great. Hot shower bath and good wifi, I like to be here but I just one night stay. Maybe in the next vacation I stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank jonathan m
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights. The place is clean and excellent for budget travelers. Spa was awesome and the staffs were friendly. 10-15 minute walk to the beach. Near pubs and shops. It is easier to find food as well. Good price, good location, good service and worth my money. I miss Bali..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank iloveswk
Reviewed February 4, 2013

i visited the grandma's in seminyak during my trip around the world and was one of the first guests, since the hotel was just opened and actually not all facilities have been finished that time. the restaurant and the pool wasnt there and the builders came every day. nevertheless, i was quite happy staying there, because the price was acceptable ( of course a special price due to the missing facilities ) and everything was close by: the beach, shops, restaurants, etc.. also the staff was friendly and helpful. and even if the room was small ( for one person OK ) and i had to complain about the cleaning on my first day, the housekeeping came immediately and apologised for the inconvinience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo