“Great Stay!”

Bali Ginger Suites & Villa
Ranked #28 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed 5 nights at Pool Suite and we absolutely loved the outdoor pool! The place was quiet and we had the pool all to ourselves. The staff were really friendly and nice, especially the manager, always smiling and friendly. The room was spacious and the bed super comfortable. If i could, I would have moved the bed home! Was a little disappointed that my room did not have a bathtub as I had thought all the pool suites came with a bath tub but it was okay. Liked the shower as well. It is true that you could hear the thumping music from the nearby clubs but it did not really bother us as we are not really light sleepers. The location was okay but if you know how to ride a scooter, it is fine. If not, like us, the walk from Jalan Kayu Aya is a good 20 minutes and it is pretty dark especially at night and can be quite scary. The little lane leading to the hotel could also do with more lights if possible, so can make feel a little safer especially there are currently constructions going on around the hotel. But i guess once they are ready, it should be fine. Overall, it was a great stay for us!

Room Tip: Only pool suite 3 has a bath tub, if you want one.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RuiLOh
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thankyou for the feedback and the terrific review. A couple of quick responses;

- two of our rooms have baths. Poolside 3 and The Shikumen Suite.
- Yes the construction next door is coming to an end (still some finishing work as I write).
- Really we recommend catching taxis at night. It is $3 to almost anywhere in Seminyak, which is good value.
- Thanks for not actually stealing our bed! We are glad you liked it though, and are happy to take care of it for you until you come back.

Warm regards, Lou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here, and was totally delighted with the location, staff, and style of this very affordable Accomodation. It's perfectly close to the nightlife and restaurants of seminyak as well as a short stroll to the beach. The central pool is amazing great for a dip in a hot afternoon. And big enuf to do my morning laps, the staff were so friendly and welcoming and went out of there way to organize and arrange day trips out and appointments for good massages and spa treatments, it's both not to big and not to small, the price was right for me and I truly enjoyed every second. My room just off the pool was stylish and very clean the outdoor bathroom/shower made me feel like I was in a first class hotel, but also surrounded by the wonderful tropical garden that is something that always makes me feel great coming from chilly Melbourne. Also the coffee was great, I can totally recommend this spot. I work in the travel industry and I won't look any further for Accomodation in Seminyak. Jamie

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jamie L
Thanks so much for staying with us again, and for writing such a lovely review. It is always great to get feedback from guests who travel a lot or work in the industry, and we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I have a feeling you may have been our first guest to try our new coffee? Glad you enjoyed it, it is delicous.

Best wishes, Lou
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Nice little hotel, charming private rooms with your own outdoor kitchen, good service and clean. This is what we needed for a relax week-end.
Agree that you can hear the music from the street bars late into the night but it did not bother us much. Location is a little hard to get to and 15 minutes away (walking) from the main restaurant street Jalan Kayu Aya, and doesn't feel extremely safe due to poor street lighting but I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your wonderful review. I have looked through your ratings for our features which were mostly piositive, and your commenst regarding the location. We are a 5 minute taxi ride to Jalan Kayu Aya (or Eat Street) which costs around $3. We do not recommend walking there at night. The area is undergoing a lot of upgrading and development. However there are also many restaurants, bars and clubs much closer than that to choose from.

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. Regards, Lou
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Couldn't recommend the akasa villa or ginger suites more! The staff were lovely and sooo attentive without anything seeming like it is too much trouble.... But also not intrusive at all!

The accommodation was stunning... Gorgeous pools and really clean and lovely! It felt really private and quiet even though we were just a few minutes walk to the town, beach and nightlife.

We had an amazing holiday and the accommodation. And staff looking after us really helped make it!! To top it off all of the services such as massage, clothes washing etc were really reasonable!

Couldn't recommend it enough will just be jealous of whoever is there while we're not :-)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Taratommy
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Great to read your review and to hear that you had a lovely holiday. We have been careful in selecting staff for our Reservations who not only have good English, but also a great attitude. They are happy to try and help guests whenever they can to try and take some of the hassle out of the holiday by assisting with booking tours, massage, restaurants etc. we also recommend to guests to pre-book some of these things, especially tours.

We look forward to seeing you next holiday. Regards, Lou.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our first trip to Bali, we were so impressed with Bali Ginger Suites. We had the Poolside Suite number 3, it was perfect, during the day we pretty much had the pool to ourselves.

The staff were very attentive to our needs and helped us in every way possible. The girls were always so friendly and offered advice about: things to do, places to eat and sites to see. The atmosphere was so peaceful, I would definitely come back if I booked another trip to Bali!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenny7593
Great to get such a wonderful review from someone on their first trip to Bali. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again on your second trip.

Best wishes, Lou.
Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I decided on breaking up this family trip with a few days just by ourselves in Seminyak before joining the family back in Legian for the remainder of our two weeks in Bali.

After much deliberation we decided on Ginger Suites and thought for the price quoted and location it looked ideal. We booked through Agoda and started ticking days off the calendar.

A few weeks before we headed over I thought I would drop them a message on Facebook just tp make sure they had our booking etc I had a response the same day confirming all my questions and even offering a very reasonably priced Airport Transfer if we required one. Over a couple of days several of the staff had been envolved in the Facebook chat and I was gaining confidence that I had made a good choice.

On arrival in Bali we made our way to Seminyak with a copy of the mud map the staff had sent me in hand (a good idea given it is a little difficult to find). We arrived at Ginger Suites and my very first thought was... "This is exactly what I imagined". The pictures on Trip Advisor and Agoda are 100% spot on and accurate. If you like the look of what you see... you will not be disappointed in what you get!!!

This is a very clean, very comfortable and very welcoming place to stay. It is nice and quiet and secluded and the staff are very friendly (We even met Lou and Graeme the owners on one of their frequent visits). Over all I couldn't fault it... it checked all the boxes for what we were looking for this trip and I wouldn't hesitate to go back there. If you like big hotels with hundreds of staff and six pools and four restaurants... look elsewhere for sure. But if you want to relax and undwind at your own pace, do yourself a favour.

Room Tip: Pool side suites are the go.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil M
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I loved how much information you were able to include in your review. We really love how on the internet it is possible to find out so much about places before you book them. And we also believe that marketing should be accurate. Sure we wait for a beautiful sunny day, but our photos are not doctored or photoshopped, our maps are accurate and the online information reflects exactly what we say we will provide, and are pleased that you found us to be like that.

We do get bookings from Agoda but unfortunately their system does not let us contact guests directly. This means that we cannot suggest booking an airport pick-up directly with us, which is the best way to go. We are not that difficult to find, but we are just a small place so taxis usually will not know us. And our pick-up service is well priced.

Anyway thank you for choosing to stay with us and for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you here, and I look forward to your next stay.

Best wishes, Lou
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Since the moment we arrived, we had exceptional service from both Lou and all the staff working at the Villa. The villa itself was beautiful, very clean and had amazing bedrooms and bathrooms. The shared pool area with sun lounging chairs was an excellent place to just relax and unwind! The bedding had to be the absolute highlight for me, it was fantastic bamboo sheets and quilt coverings! I've never slept better! The staff were very helpful whenever we wanted to do something and would always point us in the right direction! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa which had our own private kitchen and dining area, however, from wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hayley G
Thankyou for choosing to stay with us and it was wonderful to meet you and your friends.

Glad to read that you slept well and enjoyed our linen. The bamboo linen is quite special.

I look forward to seeing you again next time. Best wishes, Lou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Villa Coco
Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Seminyak
Blue Karma Hotel
Blue Karma Hotel
#19 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Bali Ginger Suites & Villa? Share your experiences!