“Descent, Clean & Beautiful Villa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bali Ginger Suites & Villa

Bali Ginger Suites & Villa
Ranked #28 of 141 Hotels in Seminyak
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Descent, Clean & Beautiful Villa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I managed to book Bali Ginger Suite 5 one month before my trip. We went in couple and have a good time staying there. This villa is quite descent in term of location (away from the main road). It is just 5 mins walking through a small dark road to famous gay-friendly bars in Seminyak like Bali Joe, Mixwell and 7 mins walking to Seminyak beach to have a morning jog around the beach, sun tan or surfing. The suite looks exactly the same like the one shown in the tripadvisor’s pics. Nice suite with separate compartment for bedroom, dining room and bath room. We do have a good sleep without much interruption by the noise from the bars. We only hear little sound outside the suite near the pool area from 10.30pm onward, but it is completely silent once inside the bedroom. The breakfast serves are the same every day, each person will get 2 different small bakeries (croissants and muffins) with free tea bags, coffee powder, small packet of milk and sugar. However, there are few restaurants that serve good breakfast on the way to the beach. It would be better if they could serve a proper full breakfast every morning to the doorstep. The pool is slightly small but seldom occupied. Reading and sun tanning at the pool side is a great enjoyment. The staffs are friendly and quite helpful in term of direction. Overall, this suite is great for honeymooners or couple but not for solo traveler or backpacker. I definitely will go back in the future.

Room Tip: Choose Bali Ginger Suite 3 or 4 if you like sun tanning in the morning as you can lay on the lazy ch...
1 Thank Alston C
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
It was great to read your review and the details about the property and surroundings. There is such diversity of things on offer in this area that it can cater for a wide range of guests. Coming from a background in theatre in Australia my husband and I sometimes go to the "gay friendly" bars you mentioned for fun, and they make some excellent cocktails. We have always enjoyed it, and we have also had some guests going there as part of their pre-wedding build up.

Just to clarify, at this stage we cannot do breakfast so just supply some complimentary pastries. However we do have plans to construct a small bar/kitchen, and hopefully within 1-2 months may be able to offer other things.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Bali. Regards, Lou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were fortunate to two nights in the Bali Ginger Suites as a couple, prior to staying for a week in one of the other properties (Akasa Villa) with our extended family. Bali Ginger suites is a great find. Wonderful big "real" suites (not just rooms) - clean fresh - beautiful outdoor feeling bathrooms - all amenities - fresh inviting pool - close to all the action - walking distance to the beach - and with the most gentle helpful amazing staff. Such incredible value for money. Yes we had read the articles about noise ...and yes this is very close "to the action" so noise at night was a slight problem ...but nothing that earplugs could not fix the first night - and the second night - not even needed...as we lulled off into a gentle sleep anyway ...having explored all day. Definitely would recommend and would definitely stay here again...Thank you guys for all your help and assistance also ...Love Sharon and Malcolm (Coledale, NSW, Australia)

1 Thank SharonWall54
It was a pleasure having you and your other family members staying at both Ginger and Akasa. Holidays are special times for families and it gives us a lot of pleasure knowing that we have helped to contribute to those memories by supplying an environment which is both relaxing and stimulating.

Thank you wants again for your recommendation to others to consider staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you next time. Regards, Lou
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bali Ginger Suites is a gem. It is in the ideal location, relatively quiet but only a couple of minutes walk to several good restaurants and shopping. And the beach is within walking distance as well.

The staff are wonderful - friendly and always smiling.

Room Tip: Although the two rooms upstairs are quite adequate spend an extra few dollars and take one of the wo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Will T
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thankyou for your review, it is much appreciated. Great tip regarding the differences in our rooms. The 1 bedroom Ginger Suites do provide a great mini "villa" with the extra space and garden. Also the indoor/outdoor tropical bathrooms are fun.

Look forward to seeing you next time, regards, Lou
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is the second year we have been to Bali, we stay at a few different places each time. Bali Ginger suite's has been the best so far.. The staff were wonderful and nothing was to much trouble and were always avaliable to help. AS for the Bali Ginger Suite's what a refreashing, clean and in the perfect place to stay. The location was perfect for us to walk to many resturants, beach and drag my husband shopping. We will be booking for next year for sure..we loved it !! Thank- you for making our stay the best so far..
Julie and Graeme Papa

3 Thank julie p
As a guest who has been to Bali before and stayed at several other places it was great to have you rate us as the "best". We do try to provide a place where guests can have a pleasurable and comfortable stay in a friendly environment.

We look forward to seeing you again next year, regards, Lou
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a brilliant 9 night stay at Bali ginger suites, and were so sad to leave
The hotel and staff are absolutely lovely and always smiling..we also met the owners who were fantastic and gave us some recommendations of places to go as this was our first time in Bali. They also recommended a car and driver who took us round for the day, and showed us all we wanted to see for a very fair price

The hotel is beautiful, immaculate and the perfect place to relax! The pool setting is really lovely and alot of the time was very quiet with not many guests around

Its only a 10-15 minute walk to the beach, which was nice and the hotel is tucked away from the major hustle and bustle but still very easy to get to both the beach and seminyak sq, jalan oberoi etc

We had the Balcony room (as we were on a bit of a budget) and we thought it great that the hotel caters for a range of budgets. Our room was fantastic, clean and we especially loved the BAMBOO SHEETS... We also found that the drinks stocked in the fridge are pretty much the same price/ cheaper than the supermarkets close by which is unusual for hotels but we really appreciated that..

We had read previous comments with regards to the noise. In all honesty from our room (balcony room 2), we couldn't hear the clubs at all..maybe from the bathroom a little bit but really not a problem. Yes we could hear the rooster sometimes but it didn't stop us from having a great sleep, and we thought it gave the hotel so much more character and charm compared to the big resorts...so please don't let the reviews about the noise put you off!

Also loved the pastries, was enough to get us started in the day. There are lots of eateries closeby and lots of places along the beach..food was never an issue

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Seminyak..we were so sad to leave and would like to thank all the staff at Bali Ginger suites for such a wonderful stay

Room Tip: We had balcony room 2 - very spacious and clean and quiet
2 Thank Samia2589
Wow! Reading your review has given me such a great start to the day. Thank you so much.

Really appreciate all the information you provide about what guests can expect. It is a wonderful thing about travel these days; being able to arrive at a location that has been recommended and accurately described by previous guests.

Best wishes, Lou
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My stay at Bali Ginger Suites was absolutely great. The staff was super kind, friendly, and knew the area well- I actually met the manager the afternoon I was checking out and she took me to lunch at this great local spot around the corner. Unlike a lot of places you search for online, the pictures are actually an accurate description of the place. I stayed here by myself and felt almost embarrassed by the size of my COMPOUND (it was not just a room, but had its own little rainforest/garden area, kitchen, and the bathroom was outside which was really pleasant even though that sounds weird), but it was very homey.

If you're jet lagged like I was, the beach is only 10 minutes away so taking an early morning stroll is easy. It's also very close to the shopping streets with a lot of great restaurants. Since it's in the posh area of Seminyak it's not a crazy party zone where you have to dodge drunk people just to get back to your hotel, which I liked. Like some of the other reviews I could hear some of the club noise coming through, but it was really faint since I only really heard it once out of my three nights there- definitely no ear plugs needed. Next time I come to Bali, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NakedBrunch
Lou W, Owner at Bali Ginger Suites & Villa, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review.

The Suites you stayed in are wonderful, spacious and very comfortable, and the "rainforest" showers are a great experience (just so readers know, they are totally private). In Bali now there are many hotels being built with pokey, cramped rooms. Our guests get quite a different experience to that which we hope makes their experience unique, refreshing and memorable.

One of my favourite comments in your review was; "Unlike a lot of places you search for online, the pictures are actually an accurate description of the place". Being honest in our description, information and photos is very important to us. We aim to provide good quality at an affordable price.

Best wishes, Lou.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I booked the double Poolside Suite at Ginger Suites in Seminyak for my friend and I as he was arriving for the first time to Bali and I wanted him to have the best experience possible on his first evening. It was perfect. I had arrived earlier in the day and I have to say the staff were superb. The owners were also very welcoming and very informative about the area and Bali in general. They are as stylish, elegant and friendly as there establishment. I ordered a pedicure in my room and it is without a doubt the best I have ever had and I have travelled all my life and lived all over the world. The layout of the rooms is very clever and the whole complex is beautifully designed with not a centimetre of space wasted. The bathroom is divine, the kitchen well equipped and the fridge full of all the things one would want in a room. The suite was initially set up for a family i.e. one room a double bed and the other two singles. When I explained that we needed both the rooms to be doubles, the staff whipped into action and in less than five minutes we had a double bed in both rooms so there would be no competition! It was very late when my dear old friend arrived, tired and travel worn from the airport and he was able to slip down a few coldies from the fridge and slide quietly into that divine pool and relax before a wonderful sleep in the silken bamboo sheets. All in all I would recommend Ginger Suites to anyone. It is good value for money, very close to anything you want in the very hip area of Seminyak. The background music from the nightclub was not intrusive and actually I think was quite cool as it added a bit of atmosphere to the night and finished around 1 which I think is quite civilised. We had a late check out after a morning swim and wonderful coffee. All in all I can't fault Ginger Suites on any level.

Room Tip: It depends on whether you are a family or a couple or singles. In my opinion if you give your detail...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for your terrific review, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.

We really appreciate the details you included in your review and hope that they will be of use to fellow travelers. We have taken a lot of care to try and make our guests stay with us pleasant and restful, and yet still be in the vibrant inner-city sanctum of Seminyak.

Very happy to read your positive feedback about the pedicure. Along with massage in your room, it is a fairly new service we are offering and the response so far has been great.

Best wishes, Lou.