“Top quality in a top hotel”

Kura Kura Restaurant
Ranked #159 of 587 Restaurants in Seminyak
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

In a beautiful garden setting. They have a full menu but the daily 3 course dinner menu is exceptionally good and reasonable. Service is just great. Ate there 3 nights and apart from the wine thought prices fair.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I were guests at the Oberoi Hotel and elected to eat in this restaurant on the night of our arrival. The quality of both the food and service were stunning and we ate there on every night of our stay.

The menu was wide-ranging, with the chef a veteran of a number of establishments boasting Michelin stars and obviously keen to marry many outstanding local ingredients and flavours with his knowledge and experience. However, for those with a less adventurous palate, there was a plethora of "western" dishes, alll executed with the same finesse; a range of Indian dishes was also available. The wine list was also broad; wine is not cheap in Indonesia, but the product of co-operation between Bali and Australia proved more than adequate, especially to complement the seafood.

My favourite dishes included a delicately-flavoured dish of Barramundi with yellow spices and one of the chef's signature creations of foie gras marbled with very dark chocolate. However, duck, lamb, prawns, scallops and vegetables all featured widely, were all afforded the same level of care in their preparation and all satisfied both palate and soul.

I have been fortunate to have dined at a very wide range of restaurants; Kura Kura has joined the very best of my personal selection.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I was guest at the Oberoi Hotel when I decided to reserve for a dinner at Kura Kura. The first disappointing moment was that the table reserved and confirmed by phone (left angle close to amphitheater) was not available. We should wait for a couple of minutes, before sitting. Than the most disappointing part was that the empty dish just brought from the waiter was a little bit dirty (some killed mosquitos and things like that) Of course hundred apologies were requested and the first waiter was changed but this moment destroyed my trust and desire for a good dinner. Ive seen the reply's of the management below and hopefully Im looking forward to have an sincere apologies...
We ordered Balinese/ Indonesian cousin which was very tasty but a little bit overpriced (800k+21%). Im not gonna comment the cocktails because they were complimentary, but just keep in mind for the future that Martini cannot be served on Whisky glass. Maybe I'll give another chance to this place before I leave as It has a huge potential to be one of the Seminyak best restaurants. Maybe management should be more focused on details.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the oberoi hotel and the first evening tried that place.
The service is very friendly and fast. Unfortunately, the service is the only good thing there.
The food is ok, but not that good. And the local wine (we have tried local rose) is the worst wine I tried in my whole life.
We have spent 3.7 mln idr, that is $300 usd.
Overall- that place is extremely overpriced, there is plenty of places with better and cheaper food and good service. My advice - avoid that place even if it will be the only restaurant in planet Efarth.

1  Thank Denis_yahooeyu
Oberoi_Bali, General Manager at Kura Kura Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Denis_yahooeyu,

Thank you for your feedback, recounting your dining experience at our Kura-Kura Restaurant on Trip advisor.

I am extremely apologetic to know that you found the dining experience disappointing. I assure you that your experience is not the norm and contrary to the feedback we normally receive. We are very sorry that we have let you down on this occasion.

I would be extremely appreciative if you could write to me at the email address below to elaborate upon the dishes you ordered on that evening. This will enable me review your specific feedback with our Executive Chef and Culinary team. I would also like to further investigate the charges of your meal that evening. $300 per couple is possible dependent upon what you had ordered. Kindly note that a 3 course plate du jour menu in our Kura Kura Restaurant is available at $35 per person.

It’s unfortunate that you did not enjoy the Balinese rose wine from Hatten Vineyards. This award winning wine is available alongside several international choices and is appreciated by guests from all over the world.

We are all truly sorry to have let you down on this occasion. If your travel plans bring you back to Bali, I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Kura-Kura Restaurant in order to deliver a first class dining experience to you.

John Halpin
John.Halpin@theoberoihotels.com

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great gourmet Indian food but
I was pleasantly surprised by the buffet
Which had tandoori everything including lamb And steaks as well as veggies
We had a table of 5 with very different palates . Everyone loved this meal