“Where's the meat?”

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #105 of 620 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The food is very tasty, with a whole new take on Mexican food. Flavours are fresh and inventive. Prices are reasonable. However, there is very little meat on the tacos.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thanks for the kind culinary comments and feedback. All meat portions are weighed using a digital scale, most of them target 120 to 140 grams precooked weight for two tacos, which is rather on the large side, so I will look at stock to see an error's been made. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Mexican For Foodies. By Foodies.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Would definitely recommend visiting, great food with excellent choice menu, made to feel very welcome by attentive staff and particularly by the owner, he took the time to explain dishes and cooking methods.

Thank your for your kind review and generous remarks about our staff. They are very much appreciated.

We hope you will join us again tomorrow, Thursday, for Indonesian Independence Day to help us celebrate with a selection of our signature tacos (babi guling, beef rendang and spicy ayam betutu) for the price of one taco and an icy margarita for only 65,000. And if you like fireworks, we also have on hand most of the hottest chillies in the world fresh from our garden.

Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Home of The Babi Guling Taco

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to TBG tonight for dinner on the back of some amazing reviews & a personal recommendation from our friends who visited last year. I must say the most impressive thing about this place is the owner - although we didn't see a great deal of him, he was amazing. We saw a picture on here of some delicious, mouth watering corn cobs (which was the main motivator to get off our sun bed and jump in a taxi en route to Mexico.) When we arrived we couldn't find the corn on the menu so when we asked if they still served it the owner (I suspect) was quick to rush over and offer to send someone out to make a special order for us!! This has never happened. Nothing was too much to ask. The staff were super attentive (almost too attentive - but in my eyes that's better than being ignored.)
The food was great - we had the avocado fries (my only feed back would be to cut these into smaller pieces, it was literally two halves of an avo battered, delicious nonetheless), my husband order 4 tacos because it was $2 taco Tuesday! Amazing! I had the southwest chicken chimichanga also great. Our special order char grilled, spicy corn was absolutely delicious and great for anyone who can handle a little extra spice. All in all very affordable, great location and comfortable mexican surroundings. Sorry for my poor pictures, it's hard to take a perfect shot in dim coloured light.

Thank you. It was absolutely a personal pleasure for me to serve you the dinner you were hoping for, and thanks also for your patience while my staff purchased the sweet corn for you. It is a joy to serve guests such as yourself.

Thank you again for your lovely five-star review. On behalf of all my staff I would like to wish an equally five-star holiday while you're visiting Bali.

If you're able, please join us tomorrow Thursday, August 17, for an Indonesian Independence Day special offer. We are celebrating the marriage of Indonesian and Mexican cuisines with an offer of one Babi Guling Taco, Ayam Betutu Taco or Beef Rendang Taco -along with a legit margarita- for only 65,000 Rupiah. Hope to see you then.

Best regards,
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Eat well. Pay less. And leave happy.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Accidentally stumbled into this place and I am so happy that we did. One of our greatest meals in Indonesia, and the best Mexican food I've ever had. We had the BBQ steak chimichanga and the steak was phenomenal. The flavour was out of this world. A guy who I assume was the owner greeted us and talked with us for a while and he seemed like a great bloke. He went out of his way to make sure everything was great and brought us some extra hot sauces to try, free of charge! Staff were great too! My first stop next time I'm in Bali! Could not recommend more

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Delighted to receive your review, and your comments are very much appreciated. I recall meeting you and am ever so happy that our African-Portuguese peri-peri sauce was so well received by native Africans such as yourself and your friends who have experience with it. If you happen to be in town tonight, that same peri-peri is being served with our flame roasted shredded pork, and served as our Pork on Fire taco (with a cooling cucumber-mint salsa) for just two dollars tonight as part of out $2 Taco Tuesday menu. Today's peri-peri might be a bit spicier than what I served you, though, as we added some fresh ghost peppers from our garden to today's batch. I hope to see you again tonight for some two dollar tacos.

In any event, thanks again for the five star review. On behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to wish you an equally five star holiday while you're here on holiday.

Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Babi Guling Taco

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Four of us decided to give this place a try, its just out of the main tourist area but parking and access was easier than going into central Seminyak. We had a number 27 which was the Taco Bar which is basically 8 Tacos 2 each with different fillings of which you filled your own with. WOW was great food no complains at all. Service was excellent as was the comfort and decor. For Fun Taco night at very cheap prices i will highly recommend .