“Best Mexican yet!”

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #63 of 506 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
“Best Mexican yet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Being one of "those" Aussies sadly subjected to 'Tex Mex', 'Salsas' and horrid microwaved Mexican; we take the opportunity to seek out Mexican food whenever we travel in the hope that one day we will come across something amazing and special...last night we did!
This restaurant is not flash looking; but to me that's part of its appeal, it was very clean and I loved the skeletons (day of the dead) styled decorations. ☺
The food! We shared a nachos for entree/starters and were absolutely wowed by the salsas! They were fresh and packed full of punch, yum! For mains we had a burrito each; I went the pork and my partner beef - we have just spent 3 glorious weeks in Japan and were hanging for some meat! We were not disappointed - our burritos were packed full of tender pork and beef (not full of lettuce and chunky tomato salsa!) but meat!!! The flavours were great and I love, love, loved that slightly spicy red salsa that came with it!!
We were planning on heading out afterwards for a drink but we were so full we went back to the hotel to digest! (And we didn't mind!)
This is my 9th time to Bali and I WISH I knew about this place before; I will definitely be back and I will be telling everyone at home to visit for the best Mexican they will taste! Thank you Taco Beach Grill

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Wow! Thanks for such an outstanding five-star review, and we're delighted you like the salsas so much, as we make them 3,4 or even 5 times per day, to give our guests the best and freshest flavors possible. we offer up to 10 different salsas at any time, even our bottles salsas are made in-house, using traditional Mexican techniques I learned Baja, Mexico. I frequently scour the farmers' markets looking for new vegetables and fruits that can be somehow adapted to make new fusion Mex cuisines.

We don't believe in using cheap lettuce fillers to fluff up your burritos or tacos to save money, as most joints do. Nor do we stuff you with cheese. The secret to the best of Mexican cuisine is in the slow-cook techniques and marinades, that make the meats and seafood so tasty. Instead we use that cheap lettuce filler money to continuously upgrade our garish "upscale Mexican brothel meets ghetto-chic look."

Thanks again, and on behalf of all my staff on crew, I would like to wish you a five star day in every way!
Best, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill - Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
“Best in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I lived in Southern California for years and traveled throughout the US Southwest and Texas. Taco Beach Grill is the best Mexican food I've encountered in South East Asia and pretty high up there worldwide. I highly recommend a visit.

“Excellent food - excellent service! Recommended! AMAZING FRIES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Visited taco beach last night and absolutely loved it.

Tried the famous Babi guling which was great - the nachos are fantastic presented well with lots of dipping sauces, burritos were also great and the bintang nice and cold!

Service was fantastic we had been given a warm coke and as soon as we asked for ice the staff were extremely helpful and cared genuinely about their customers.

With ten fans on the roof it was still pretty warm they could do with air conditiong but the atmosphere were still rather enjoyable! We will certainly be back - must I not forget to mention the AMAZING fries! Looks are deceiving!

• Visited January 2014
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thanks for the great review. I agree, even with 10 fans it's not enough, but glass doors to enclose Air Conditioning inside would inevitably get broken somehow, probably by way of a margarita-related incident!

We select our wait staff based on character, cheerfulness, and kindness, rather than training or English skills, and we are proud of their attentiveness to our valued guests. Thank you for noticing.

And lastly, we're delighted you like the fries so much. We actually went to great lengths to reverse engineer McCain's Extra crispy fries -- while leaving out all the additives and chemical coatings that such commercial fries have. Surprisingly, the commercial french fries most people use are loaded with chemicals to make the crispier, crunchier and to give them enhanced artificial flavor, etc. Ours are made fresh daily, all day long, using our own private recipe and technique. Thank you for the compliment! Warm regards, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, TBG, Home of the Babi Guling Taco!
australia
“chilli poppers rule!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

top notch tacos but forget them its all about the chilli popper! they are off their tits! crumbed and deep fired roated chillis stuffed with cheese with a blue cheese dip! western piggery at its finest! like the terminator "i'll be back"!

• Visited January 2014
Fremantle, Australia
“If you want Mexican, not Tex Mex, than this is the place in Bali.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I love real Mexican food, I have been cooking and eating it for decades and that's what we got. It was really nice to see a bunch of fresh salsas. That's a great start. Everything we had was very tasty, authentic for Mexican even with the occasion Bali twists.

Any time you see a mole than you know it's something to try. The shredded chicken tacos was great.

I only have a one gripe ... No blue cheese sauce for the wings that day. Notwithstanding well spiced and tasty wings.

So if you're after TexMex than this is not for you. If you want an authentic Mexican ... that they do very well. Staff was attentive, food service quick, cold drinks. I'll be back ... Just to see the new salsas, the mole incarnations and to try some babi guling tacos.

Visited January 2014
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thanks very much for your review. We do use authentic, traditional Mexican techniques which we learned studying cooking primarily in the state of Baja, Mexico and in Los Angeles -- which I consider one of the Meccas of great Mexican cuisine. In addition to our spicy, chocolate Oaxacan Mole sauce, I strongly suggest trying our pork chorizo sausage, or our vegan/vegetarian tofu chorizo. Muy autentico! Our chorizos are offered served on tostadas, tacos, salads, burritos, and quesadillas.

I agree with everything you said and sadly, there has been a shortage of blue cheese in Bali for some time. We normally buy an entire wheel of Blue Cheese, but I shared my last wheel with two other restaurants experiencing shortages and now there are no wheels available...however, I promise you, I will solve the blue cheese shortage before you read this, so if you have the chance, I will guarantee its availability should you return. Ask for me, if you do come back.

Thanks again for the five star review. On behalf of my staff and myself, we wish you a five star day in every way! Warm regards, Bob. Director of Taco Technology, TBG, Home of the Babi Guling Taco and Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepare with Integrity.