“Fresh, tasty & gluten free”
Review of Taco Beach Grill

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #101 of 588 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I had the soft shell shredded beef and it was so good I ordered another one!
For everyone on a glutenfree diet, I didn't get sick :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This review should be read with the knowledge I love Mexican food and hunt it out wherever in the world I am (most recently in Memphis). I always like there to be someone in the kitchen who vaguely looks like the nationality of the cuisine I'm consuming, but I didn't spot anyone Mexican looking in the Taco Beach kitchen (which is very easy to look into). Anyway, even though I'm biased, the food here is great. I'm a vegetarian so Mexican is a good choice for me. They had a tofu chorizo burrito which I've never seen before and decided I had to have and enjoyed. I was with my carny parents and kids and they ordered meat stuff that was equally as good. It seems like it's happy hour most of the evening so the margaritas are about A$3 and the beers are even cheaper. I've definitely had better margaritas, but I've never had a better three dollar margarita. The venue is quirky and the footpath was dug up the week we were there and our table of 7 took up half the restaurant but boy did I enjoy it. One thing to note however. The Taco Beach Grill is nowhere near the beach. I was staying around the corner and it was a 15 minute walk to the beach. Of course it's only a few dollar cab ride from anywhere in Kuta to Seminyak and worth every cent of the trip.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Again another restaurant choice tonight because of Trip Advisor reviews. What an awesome little Mexican restaurant. Service - quick and very attentive, Food - fresh, tasty tasty, best Mexican I have had in a long long time. Price - got to love a bill for under $50AUD for 2 adults and 4 children.
Pop this restaurant on your list - you'll be so glad you did, yummmmo!!!!!

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Hello and thank you for the five star review. We are delighted at your satisfaction, and hope you will come back. As you can see our policy is to undercharge, and over deliver, while offering an authenticity rarely found in SE Asia. We frequently change the menu and if you look carefully, you will find authentic Mexican meals rarely found outside of Mexico, such as our Shredded Chicken in Oaxacan mole.

Thanks again, on behalf of myself and my staff, we wish you a five star day in every way!

Best, Bob.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had been wanting to visit this restaurant for awhile if for no other reason than to try the Babi Guling Tacos....I finally visited there last week and was not disappointed....one of the tastiest tacos I have ever tasted and I have spent 6 months living in Mexico. The taste sensation in my mouth was incredible. I disagree with my friends previous review though, as I definitely think the crispy tacos were the best....lol.
The guacamole dip was to die for full of chunky pieces of fresh, tasty avacado. Margaritas are pretty good too....I'm heading back to Bali in 3 weeks and this will be my first stop...

Thanks for your killer, five star review! Coming from someone who's lived in Mexico, this is is high praise indeed. We do aim to equal or exceed anything you'd find in Mexico or LA. Customers like yourself are our inspiration as we search Asia for new flavors, spices and components to combine into something unique and original, such as our new Sumatran Chicken in Tiger Sauce taco.

I look forward to your return, please introduce yourself, On behalf of my staff and and myself, I wish you an equally five star day in every way! And allow me to say that your review is everything one could hope for and more. Gracias. Best Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had walked by this place which was just down the street from our Villa-- I love Mexican food and was somewhat skeptical being an American abroad that loves Mexican-- but my Aussie friend convinced me-- No REGRETS--
I never leave reviews as I travel ALL the time-- and was reluctant to do this one as I did not want to necessarily to compete for a table next time I go back (which I will)---
The guacamole and chips was a feast in and of itself--
We had both been craving the babi guling-- I ordered the soft tacos and my friend the hard shell-- I think I won on this one-- but the meal was fantastic-- including the Corona!! Yes you can get Corona fairly inexpensively in Bali too---
The only problem is that they will likely need to find a bigger place or expand due to the all the great reviews!!!