“Fantastic Mexican in Seminyak” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 452 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Gluten Free
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
“Fantastic Mexican in Seminyak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great menu, as good as Mexican as anywhere ... Well worth a visit ... Book before you go. Bob's a great host and staff and service second to none

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome!!,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to this restaurant based on the reviews and it certainly didn't disappoint. We had guacamole and chips to start and they were accompanied by 4 other sauces, all fantastic. For mains I had the Babi Guleng tacos and my boyfriend had one of the vege options. Amazing! Honestly some of the best Mexican food I've had, we don't get Mexican food like this in Sydney. Loved this place and will definitely return before we go home, thanks!!

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Perth, Australia
“My new bali fav.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went here twice on our recent trip. Tried everything. The best dish is the baba guling crunchy taco. Load it up with condiments and you are in heaven. Bob the host is a cool guy and very friendly. Lunch for 2 with plent of food and a couple of bintangs is about $30. Can't wait to come back!

Visited June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Mouthwatering, unique fusion blend and value for money!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading mostly all positive reviews from tripadvisor, I and family decided to pay a visit to this restaurant. Located at the busy Kunti I street, you won't miss this little restaurant.

Service was excellent and we're able to custom made our dishes as well. We only need to wait less than 10 minutes before all the foods arrived.

Nachos and tacos are all very nicely presented and the taste really good and quite kicking for babi guling tacos.

Can't find any negative comments about overall experience here, only lack of credit card payment, which make quite a hassle.

Thumbs up for the excellent service and food here!!! Definitely will come back again on our next trip to Bali.

1 Thank vhardono
Manila, Philippines
“Best Tacos in Asia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

To date, the best I've tried in Asia, they can stand their own elsewhere also!
Based on the reviews gave this place a shot. I consider myself a very dicerning fellow when it comes to Mexican, having spent many years in northern and southern california. This place did not disappoint. The mole chicken tacos had layers upon layers of flavor that were just simply sublime. We also had to try the Babi Guling tacos which literally brought me to tears. Ended up ordering another order even though they are quite substantial. Try the crispy version.
The salsas, chips, guac, etc. were all top level. We will be going back and recommending to friends!
Thanks to the owner Bob and his wife for being very accommodating. Seem like genuine good peeps. More power to them!

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thanks ever so much for your review! We take a lot of pride in trying to deliver tacos as good as any you'd find anywhere. Reviews like yours confirming this means the world to both me and my staff.

So glad you liked the chicken cooked in mole sauce, as that particular sauce requires me to cook until 2 a.m., then recook the next day for several more hours, as over a dozen spices, nuts and several special ingredients must be added in just the right sequence at just the right time. Among chefs and connoisseurs of Mexican food it's considered possibly Mexico's most famous dish, yet rarely, if ever, made from scratch or even seen outside Mexico due to obvious reasons.

Thanks for letting us host your dinner, and on behalf of myself and my staff, we wish you a five star day in every way.

Warm regards,
Bob, Director of Taco Technology - Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Babi Guling Taco