“Great Mexican on our last day” 5 of 5 stars

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #42 of 452 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Gluten Free
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Canning, Australia
“Great Mexican on our last day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

After spending a lovely 14day holiday in bali. My wife and myself managed to offload the kids for our last night. Took the advice given by tripadvisor and decided to try TBG. Glad we did,the food was great and service to match. Do book your table as the place fills up fast. We booked our table and arrived to an empty restaurant, but within a few minutes the place was packed and diners were being turned away. Try the poppers , they were my particular favorite.

Visited January 2013
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your review and great rating.

I hope you can come back soon and try more dishes from our soon to be published new menu, as we are developing some innovative Mexican dishes that you probably will never see in any other restaurant, Mexican or otherwise.

Warm regards,
Bob, Taco-ologist, Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Babi Guling Taco!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
“great burritos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

so glad my friend found this awesome Mexican restaurant in Seminyak through Trip advisor! great portions and a great Bali price too!

highly recommend the Texan BBQ beef burrito!

Visited January 2013
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thanks for your 5 star review and kind remarks.

I am especially happy to receive your comments on the Texas BBQ beef burrito. I have been developing and refining my BBQ sauce recipe using only local ingredients for over 3 years now, and it's finally almost as good as I want it to be. It's also great in a BBQ pork quesadilla, we are finding out as we continue to innovate with some new special dishes.

Thanks again! Have a 5 star day!

Best,
Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill: Small, but Perfectly Formed!
Melbourne, Australia
“Simple good value Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

A small eatery but meals were of a decent size. The staff were friendly and the value excellent the suckling pig burrito was very tasty and the nachos included many sauces with different flavours would highly recommend for a cheap eat.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adelaide
“Lovely Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I reluctantly went here as I don't like Mexican food but the rest of my family do, and they were very impressed. If I go to Bali I want to eat Indonesian food so I will try to be as unbiased as I can. The restaurant seems very popular and the staff efficient. However we were seated in the doorway and there were two fans which blew everything off the table and were uncomfortable. The staff tried to move them around as it was very hot in there but which ever way they moved them, someone complained! If you love Mexican food then you will be impressed. I decided to try the suckling pig taco in Indonesian spices and I detested it. This has probably got more to do with my palate than the standard of food as my fellow diners enjoyed their meals. A bit on the pricey side but worth it if you come to Bali to eat Mexican food.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I would like, first of all, to thank you for awarding us 5-stars, despite your dissatisfaction with your meal. I am simply stunned by your kindness, and fairness.

I consider it my responsibility to inquire at each table if everything is satisfactory. I apparently was off-premises. I agree with you that quite probably the Balinese babi guling spices are not agreeable to your palate in this case, but nonetheless, I want you to know that regardless of the reason, when eating in my restaurant, if you don't like your food, you don't pay. If you are not pleased with your meal, your meal is free. Period. I will put up a sign to this effect shortly.

Sorry about the fans, it gets so hot sometimes in Bali, and we are trying to our best to keep a nice breeze flowing...In fact, I have recently installed a fogging/misting machine above the terrace tables in front to cool the ambient temps, as air conditioning is not possible. We use the fans to direct the flow of the cooled air inside.

My chefs, incidentally, were originally trained in Italian, and French cooking, so if you decide Mexican food is not your cuppa, we would be delighted to prepare something Western or European off the menu. My morning and lunch chef, Chef Jesse, is particularly skilled at accommodating such requests.

I certainly hope you and your family will give us the benefit of a return visit, so that I can personally insure your satisfaction. Simply write me at info@tacobeachgrill.com to arrange a reservation and so that I can be present, and I personally guarantee you will leave a satisfied guest.

Once again, thank you for kindness and 5-star review. I wish you a 5-star day in every way while you're here in Bali.

Warm regards,
Bob Nicksic
Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Babi Guling Taco!
“Amazing Mexican!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend and had to try it. The food was amazing the best Mexican I have ever had and the service was pretty good to! Thank you I would eat hear a million times if I didn't live in Australia.