“Authentic Mexican at it's best”
Review of Taco Beach Grill

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #66 of 560 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food here is SO amazing! Mexican is my favourite cuisine and having a passion for cooking I am always making Mexican dishes myself. I couldn't possibly replicate this fantastic food.
My fiancee and I came here twice for dinner, we would have loved to have come more if we could. We tried so many different dishes, the famous sapi burrito, the bbq beef burrito, tacos, nachos and the drinks are delicious too, must try both the pumpkin and the orange cream smoothies they were so good! Being so full both times we didn't get to try desert, so when we're back this October for our wedding we definitely will!!
The staff, all of them, but especially the owner and head chef were really nice and welcoming asking how the food was and offering suggestions, great service.
The price is also very reasonable. Get in early as this place gets packed very quickly!
I will have to upload my photos at some point too.
Can't wait to return :)

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review. When another Mexican cooking aficionado compliments our cooking, we appreciate it. BTW, our morning and lunch chef is Mexican, raised in Houston, Texas. Although most of the recipes are my own, his family history of cooking Mexican with authentic techniques help us to give our valued guests what we believe is the most authentic Mexican around.

We look forward to showing you some new offerings, both traditional and some brand new originals, next time you visit. Have a lovely day, and thank you again for your 5-star review.

Muchas gracias,
Bob, Taco-ologist, Taco Beach Grill - Inspired Mexican Cuisine

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is not a restaurant. It is a mexican fast food shop with a few seats (18 - I counted them). If i had the right picture before I went I may have had a different experience. Actually, if I had a true picture I wouldn't have gone. I was there with my wife on our 10 year anniversary and the first time away from kids in 10 years. We wet there to relax and enjoy the fine dining of Seminyak. We wasted a night going here.

If you want mexican takeaway, by all means go there. I had the texas BBQ beef burrito. It was tough and rubbery and without a doubt the worst mexican I have ever had. If you are on a romantic get away, give it a miss. If you are there with 20 mates on a footy trip and you have been on the gas all day and night, give it a go - after all it is the size of a few phone boxes and akin to a kebab shop.

I was shocked and saddened to receive your 1-star review of my tiny taqueria. We try so hard to give our valued guests the best possible and most authentic Mexican food for thousands of miles in any direction.

I would have thought the 75 customer photos and 200 plus reviews as well as my description above would have given you a pretty fair idea of what we are: a small, but authentic, Mexican taqueria. My little cafe is very much like what you will find if you ever travel to Mexico, though we place much higher standards on refrigeration, hygiene, food quality, etc.

I am surprised you say our “texas BBQ beef burrito” is the worst Mexican food you've ever eaten, especially since your chef that night is 1) a trained culinary school chef from Texas and 2) 100% Mexican. It doesn't get more authentic anywhere here in SE Asia.

Your chef was raised on Mexican food cooked in traditional methods. What we do is authentic, not perhaps what you expect or suitable for everyone, especially those whose idea of Mexican food is largely based on Australian interpretation of Mexican cooking.

I honestly believe my chef would not have allowed you to eat rubbery beef. If any such beef had gotten into our kitchen, we would have given it to our staff, not to a valued guest. We take the greatest pains and cut no corners in order to deliver the finest possible food to our guests. In fact, I personally inspect, purchase and often cut every piece of meat, fish or chicken that reaches our kitchen. We give every plate our best effort with the freshest, finest produce and meats available.

The highest likelihood is that what you considered "rubbery" were probably the connective tissues in the shredded beef which had been gelatinized through our very careful, authentic and lengthy cooking processes. Not only does it add flavor, it offers textural changes, and a far different "mouth-feel" than you'd get at a less authentic restaurant. Mexicans and those truly knowledgeable about authentic Mexican food consider it tasty, even delicious. I do, and so do most of our guests, obviously.

That notwithstanding, perhaps you did get a bad burrito, it's possible. If so, come back and introduce yourself. My policy is if you don't like it, you don't pay. I ask every table almost every night if everything is satisfactory, and if not me, my staff does, so I am bewildered how we failed to register your unhappiness with your meal. Had you expressed a complaint, your meal is free. If you don't like it, you don't pay. Simple as that.

I personally guarantee that if you return however, and if you introduce yourself to me, you will leave a satisfied customer. Please email me in advance though, at info@tacobeachgrill.com .

Hoping the rest of your visit to Bali is nothing short of perfection!

Best,
Bob

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place to just chill to some Mexican music and enjoy some tasty nachos, tacos and burrittos and a few Bin Tangs!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here as we saw it recommended. At first sight I didn't want to go in as it didn't look as posh and well present as its neighbouring restaurants but saw it was packed out so gave it a go anyway. So glad we did as it was our fave meal out in bali. We ate and drank way too much as ordered seconds and at like kings for only $28 aus. The staff are attentive and friendly but not at all pushy like we have experienced here. Service was quick and food absolutely delicious. Cannot fault it, even as a cautious and picky eater. You've got to try it!

1  Thank SophieandGreg
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went there for lunch , the chef and staff are excellent.
Value for food and drinks is by far the best in seminyak
Heading back for lunch today

1  Thank mattpatto