“Exceptional experience at an Average price”
Review of Bali Yubi Villa

Bali Yubi Villa
Ranked #17 of 110 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Exceptional experience at an Average price”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed there in April 2012 and the villa was only 6 months old then.

The location is fantastic
- right next door to Potato Head
- there's a cute cafe with good food and a tarot card reader just across the street
- DVD shop just down the road
- there is a free shuttle service to take you almost anywhere, anytime

The service was excellent. They are so hospitable and take really good care of you, yet they are not in your face.

Breakfast was okay, although honestly nothing to shout about.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom, 1 living room villa and the space is MASSIVE, cosy, new and clean.

The pool is lovely and the daybed was clean and comfortable.

I would not hesitate to recommend Bali Yubi Villas to those who want a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Please ask for a villa that is not right next to the club next door. Because if you are a light slee...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a good stay until the dance club (Mint Club) next door opened, may as well have been in the Club it was so loud and not a wink of sleep. Staff were wonderful but really went there to relax and hearing drum & bass shaking walls all night was not what we were looking for. Wireless also only worked for first three days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Auselle
Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Everything from pick-up at the airport, Check-In, breakfast, tour arrangements, room design and even the weather was just perfect. Don't bother with tour arrangements from outside. Just take what they offer, tell them what you want to see and they will customize a tour for you. You will get a perfect tour guide + a driver and a good car for just 700,000IDR.
There are lot's of amazing restaurants like the Tulip or Cucina Rustica nearby and even just opposite the Lobby. The beach can be reached in 10min walking but is not so nice in Seminyak. You should go to Kuta for a nice beach.
We didn't even bother to go into the sea as we had this amazing private pool that we just enjoyed. You can stay there for a couple of days, read a nice book and just enjoy yourself.
We booked via booking.com for 250USD per night incl. breakfast and 2-way-transfer.

Room Tip: Villa #6,7,8 are the honeymoon villas and a bit bigger and at the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lanzarnold
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I am unable to find the right words to describe Yubi.... It's just simply FANTABULOUS!!!! Both my hubby and I stayed at Yubi for 5 days. The villa was clean, spacious and it was wonderful!

From airport transfer, spa arrangement, breakfast, tour rental, shuttle to Kuta and until the day we are departing, staff of Yubi are very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is great too! We are very very impressed on the service. The arrival of the breakfast is on dot as you have requested. (a big clap to Yubi for their Time-Management!!!!!)

I would definitely come back to Yubi again!!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in villa 7
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful. From booking spas, restaurants and air freight etc nothing was a problem. We got upgraded to a 4 bedroom villa wich was lovely and we were in Villa 10 which was at the back of the complex and lovely and quiet! Breakfast in our room was well above our expectations. Impressed to see them check the chemicals in the pool daily :) Great location as we were in between Potato Head and W both were less than a 2 minute walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MandyRicho
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at Yubi for 9 days with my wife and 2yo daughter and loved it. The Villa was spectacular, and the staff were beutiful. It is a relatively small place (about 9-10 villas) so in the time we were there we got to know all the staff and it became like a family away from home.

We did have one drama during our stay when our air conditioning broke down. This is I guess just one of those unfortunat things and the staff at Yubi Villas did everything they possibly could to get it up and running again as soon as possible.

My only criticism of Yubi would be that their Spa treatment are a little on the expensive side but you can always go elsewhere for that.

We were so happy with Yubi that when we checked out we rebooked for next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moscow
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I really hate to write this review, because my experience with the Yubi was very good.. except for one thing. We stayed for 10 nights, and after 4 or 5 days we've noticed that a half of the money in the wallet was missing (it was like 800$ or close to that number). I have to admit that the part of responsibility is my own, because I've never cared to use the safe. It's been a lot of times that we travel to South East Asia, and never did we encounter problems with safety of our belongings. More than that, it was common that if we left something (like camera or phone) in some restaurant or on the beach, it was always there when we got back. So my wallet was inside the bag which was on the table inside the villa. I didn't take it with me when we went for lunch or dinner - it was always there. I also never carry large amounts of money with me - I usually take 100 or 200$ to change. At first, I couldn't even think that we got robbed. I went to the reception and explained that some money is missing, but the manager seemingly didn't understand what happened. He kept telling us that none of the staff can be responsible and that we probably got cheated at the money changer. I tried to point out that, first, I didn't carry so much money with me, and second, IF for some reason I did, there is no way that the money changer could cheat you THAT much. I mean, you can lose 5-10 dollars if you're unattentive, but 800? No way.
I asked them to check with the staff or maybe check the CCTV (there's no surveillance inside the villa, but we knew the exact day that the money were missing, so they could have known who of the staff had entered the villa), but they insisted that it couldn't be stolen and that we shouldn't trust the money changers...
After that, we put the rest of the money in the safe, but I've made another mistake. I've had some russian money in my wallet but didn't think it could be of any interest to anyone. Two days before the check-in I've noticed them gone too. Now this was a complete proof that someone was stealing from us. There were just 3 banknotes in the wallet, so I couldn't be mistaken that 2 of them were missing. They took two 5000 banknotes, which is about 300$ more. To be honest, I don't know why does anyone need russian rubles in Indonesia? Perhaps he (or she) just liked the bright red colour of it? And do they even change rubles on Bali? I don't know, but what I do know exactly is that someone of the staff is stealing. I was very sad and disappointed at that time, because as I've said earlier, these 10 days were perfect, the villa was the best we've ever had, everyone was very helpful and welcoming... They did even make a photo of us upon arrival and presented it to us when we were leaving. It was very touching, and I can't say anything bad about the staff (except that one person who took our money). Everyone was always smiling and greeting us, we've only met the nicest people here, so you can imagine how extremely disappointed we were to find out that one of them is a thief.

It's not about the money, actually. I just don't want anybody else to get into the same situation, so if any of the management is reading this - please, check the staff, check the cameras. I don't think it's possible to find who did it, but it's possible to prevent this person from doing it again.

If you've already booked - don't be put off by this review. This is a very nice property, totally worth the money. Just be careful and use the safe every time. There are reviews about the noise from the night club, so ask for the villas from 6 to 10. The best ones would be 7 and 8.

And yes, regarding the money changers - use the one near the shoe shop, across the road from The Deck restaurant and Semara hotel (it's 100 meters to the right from Yubi). The money changer which is a bit closer to Yubi shows the better exchange rate but they really try to cheat you. Remember - never give them back the money that you've already counted. They will ask you to do so "just in case". If you count the money and see that a few notes are missing - just take back your dollars and go elsewhere.

Another sincere recommendation would be Biku restaurant across the road. Try their afternoon tea, it's awesome.

Room Tip: villas 6 or 7
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple