“Not all good”
Review of Semara Spa - CLOSED

Semara Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The concept behind Semara Spa is that of 'affordable luxury'. A place where one can relax and unwind completely, where the senses are engaged in a cocoon of nurturing surroundings and a place where one can completely immerse in pure goodness.The healing hands of our attentive treatment specialists work their magic on your body to provide infinite ways of rejuvenation and restoration, generating harmony within. Our highly trained therapists customize each treatment to ensure guests receive the most beneficial experience to meet individual needs.There are 10 treatments rooms with 1 couples room and we offer massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, hair cuts and much more. Semara Spa is also the first spa in Bali to exclusively stock Miranda Kerr’s KORA products and we offer luxurious facials with these high quality natural and certified organic ingredients.No matter how much time you have, just 30 minutes or all day, we have luxurious treatments for all areas to leave you feeling pampered from top to toe.
Bunbury, Australia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 174 helpful votes
“Not all good”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I went there to have a teeth whiten treatment $170 , it is a safe treatment solution which is placed in a mouth gard then you have a ultra light directed on it for twenty minutes. They make you sign a no refund form and that they can not guarantee the treatment which I knew before I did the treatment . So this is a review on my personal results.
I may as well brushed my teeth with water, it made not one bit of difference a complete waste of money.

Visited January 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“Pure bliss”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went there with agroup of 7 for a hens day. We had a package arranged which included reflexology, spa pedicure then off to a private gazebo served canapes and wine. From the first email i sent to organise.this I had immediate response and thorough detail of the arrangements of the.day. the staff, service.and.food was amazing. I've been to Bali over ten times and will go back here and.recommend it. I will be taking my daughters there in Jan to try there mummy and me pack.

Visited October 2013
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks so much for your review. We offer the perfect location and facilities for hens parties, birthday celebrations or othe special events whilst not being overly expensive. Look forward to seeing you in Jan.

Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly fantastic!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I will preface this to say that I am a massage therapist and I was really surprised at how good the massage was. I had the scrub, wrap and Balinese massage package and usually I get restless during a treatment but this was totally seamless and I was able to relax and enjoy everything - from the first cup of tea to the "it's time to wake up" gong. I had a male therapist and the Balinese massage seem to be a blend of traditional chinese tuina with a bit of Japanese Shiatsu flavour thrown in plus swedish relaxation strokes. Strokes are broad and languid and slow - suits me to a T. Clean surroundings. Clean towels. I think it's expensive for Bali but so cheap by Australian standards. Go.

Visited September 2013
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Being that you are a massage therapist we really appreciate your review. You are correct there are cheaper spa’s in Bali but there are also a lot more expensive than Semara Spa. Particularly those located within a hotel. We believe Semara offers good value for a luxurious spa with private rooms including shower facilities and AC. Thus our motto of affordable luxury.

Baar, Switzerland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Massage not worth my time”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Went there as recommended by my landlord as we are staying at Villa Manggis. The place is very clean but I am very very disappointed with the massage. I had the hot rock massage for 90 mins but it was not up to my standard. Kept asking the masseuse to increase strength but she reduced it after awhile. After the massage, I actually felt more worse. For the price of 500,000 rupiah - I would expect impeccable service and a feel good factor. Very disappointed and definitely will not return.

Visited September 2013
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Alex,

We have spoken with all staff who were involved with your visit to Semara. I believe you requested a discount of 15% when arriving at the spa. We only offer discounts to our Semara Loyalty Card holders so you were not eligible. Our massage therapist, Intan that handled you did acknowledge that you requested an increase in pressure but also that you fell asleep during the massage. Intan advised us she did her best in terms of pressure. I would suggest next time you request a male therapist. The Manager on Duty also advised that you refused to pay your bill. We did offer you another treatment complimentary but you decided not to take up this offer. We are sorry you were not happy but believe your complaints were handled to the best of the staff’s ability.

Jakarta, Indonesia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Totally Refreshed”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I tried Semara Spa at Seminyak. The spa is inside Semara Resort, I like the ambience when I entered the lobby. I choose 90 minutes Semara Signature with herbal oil. The therapist is very professional, always try to made me feel comfortable. The massage was so relaxing and gentle, maybe depends on how you like to be handled. After the massage, I took an outdoor shower inside the room, this facility is also great, they give their own products for us to try. Last, they served me a hot ginger tea. I love Semara Spa, and will come back to try another treatment for sure.

Dear Sikastiara W,

Thanks for your nice review. We really do have a beautiful spa that has a relaxing ambiance. Our motto is Affordable Luxury which seems like you enjoyed. I am glad to hear that you appreciated our added touches such as our toiletries and specially blended ginger tea. Looking forward to seeing you again.