“Totally Refreshed”
Review of Semara Spa - CLOSED

Semara Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The concept behind Semara Spa is that of 'affordable luxury'. A place where one can relax and unwind completely, where the senses are engaged in a cocoon of nurturing surroundings and a place where one can completely immerse in pure goodness.The healing hands of our attentive treatment specialists work their magic on your body to provide infinite ways of rejuvenation and restoration, generating harmony within. Our highly trained therapists customize each treatment to ensure guests receive the most beneficial experience to meet individual needs.There are 10 treatments rooms with 1 couples room and we offer massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, hair cuts and much more. Semara Spa is also the first spa in Bali to exclusively stock Miranda Kerr’s KORA products and we offer luxurious facials with these high quality natural and certified organic ingredients.No matter how much time you have, just 30 minutes or all day, we have luxurious treatments for all areas to leave you feeling pampered from top to toe.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is the first time I tried Semara Spa at Seminyak. The spa is inside Semara Resort, I like the ambience when I entered the lobby. I choose 90 minutes Semara Signature with herbal oil. The therapist is very professional, always try to made me feel comfortable. The massage was so relaxing and gentle, maybe depends on how you like to be handled. After the massage, I took an outdoor shower inside the room, this facility is also great, they give their own products for us to try. Last, they served me a hot ginger tea. I love Semara Spa, and will come back to try another treatment for sure.

SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Sikastiara W,

Thanks for your nice review. We really do have a beautiful spa that has a relaxing ambiance. Our motto is Affordable Luxury which seems like you enjoyed. I am glad to hear that you appreciated our added touches such as our toiletries and specially blended ginger tea. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is our second stay at the Semara Resort and Spa and both times we have experienced the lovely services provided by the beautiful team of therapists at the Semara Spa. We spoilt ourselves over the 10 days and tried many of the facials and massages. We would highly recommend the Thai Massage ( Putu was amazing) tried the the new the Debussy Facial Rejuvenation treatment was so impressed with my therapist (Yuong) so I went back for a 90 minute massage.. A wonderful way to enjoy our holiday.

1  Thank Irene S

Dear Irene S,

Thank you for your trust and your valuable feedback during your recent visit to Semara Spa. We are really pleased that you decided to try a variety of our treatments. We offer the traditional Balinese favorites but also offer some different services compared to other spas such as the Thai Massage, Debussy Facial Rejuvenation and Teeth Whitening. Thanks to your comments, we have congratulated your for the quality of their work. We really hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed 3 night at the Semara Resort last June and we had a blissful experience at the SPA; The place is elegantly decorated, and entering the reception was already relaxing. We were first welcomed in style by the manager, then the ladies at the reception took care of us with some refreshments. My wife enjoyed a 90 minutes Balinese massage and I had a 90 minutes sport massage right after I came back from the Bali semi marathon; it was the perfect choice, the massage was so relaxing and soothing after this long run! We definitely recommend the place and we look forward to going back soon. Laurent & Pascale

Dear Laurent S,

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed the massage treatments and that the sports massage assisted with your recovery after the semi marathon. We are happy to take bookings from inhouse and guests staying at other hotels so please tell your friends when holidaying in Bali.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I live near by the Semara Spa and used to attend the Aqua Fit classes (which they are no longer conducted, please bring back)! I have been meaning to try their facials. Finally I booked in.

The online booking service (the lady at the spa said there was one) was not working so went in and made appointment. I booked in for the 90 minutes signature massage and the facial rejuvenation.

Started in the foyer with a ginger/lime tea which was hot but served in a glass (ceramic cup would have been better). It was nice when I finally could pick it up. I then moved onto the therapy room which was lovely. I really liked the set up as you could change in the room and not a locker room, more privacy. It had a bathroom and toilet as well. Jerry was my therapist and he was very good. The facial showed excellent results, just note, this is not a drift off to sleep facial where you go into "lala" land but brilliant for the skin. The face massage was a little short in my opinion but luckily I had the 90 minutes massage prior so I recommend to do both. At the end I was in the relaxation lounge and served another tea in a ceramic cup, much better.

1  Thank Aussiefoodlover
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your visit at Semara Spa.
We no longer offer the Acqua Fit classes but we do have yoga everyday at 8am in the Yoga Pavilion. As an outside guest, you are also most welcome to use the swimming pool for lap training early morning and the gym facilities for only 90.000 Rp per session (we normally charge 100.000 Rp per session but as a Bali resident you will receive 10% off with the Loyalty Card). We also have personal trainers on request and they can organize for you private or semi private classes (Pilates, Cardio fit, Running sessions, Kick boxing, Circuit training and much more). If you are interested please contact the Spa Manager for more information.
Also about online booking service, we have one email address for all bookings that we check several times a day: info@semaraspa.com.
We do have ceramic cups for ginger tea and we apologize that your first tea was served in a glass cup. We have just ordered more ceramic cups !
The facial Rejuvenation treatment Debussy is a very good treatment and great for the skin (non invasive). We have a special offer at the moment, if you book a 90 minutes session and a Teeth Whitening Treatment (30 minutes only), you will receive 15% discount. Thanks again for your visit and for your comments.

Best regards,
The Spa Management.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

staying at villa mojo petitenget and this resort is in the nearby. We tried one of their Yoga session which is held every day at 8am in an outdoor Bali hut - it was a fabulous class suitable for beginners to advance. the instructor was very experienced and had great English, he constantly come around and adjusted you whenever necessary. The only disappointment was the inconsiderate mother who bought their toddler along and he constantly walked around kicking his dummy.

SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that you have enjoyed the yoga class. Semara Spa also has a swimming pool and a gym open to outside guests at the price of 100.000 Rp per session and personal training sessions are available upon request at the spa reception. We can arrange Tai Chi sessions, kick boxing, running sessions on the beach, circuit training and private yoga as well. We do hope you will return sometime and our apologies for the kid running around. We will make sure this does not happen again.

Kind regards,