“Didn't hit the spot for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Semara Spa - CLOSED

Semara Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: The concept behind Semara Spa is that of 'affordable luxury'. A place where one can relax and unwind completely, where the senses are engaged in a cocoon of nurturing surroundings and a place where one can completely immerse in pure goodness.The healing hands of our attentive treatment specialists work their magic on your body to provide infinite ways of rejuvenation and restoration, generating harmony within. Our highly trained therapists customize each treatment to ensure guests receive the most beneficial experience to meet individual needs.There are 10 treatments rooms with 1 couples room and we offer massages, body scrubs, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, hair cuts and much more. Semara Spa is also the first spa in Bali to exclusively stock Miranda Kerr’s KORA products and we offer luxurious facials with these high quality natural and certified organic ingredients.No matter how much time you have, just 30 minutes or all day, we have luxurious treatments for all areas to leave you feeling pampered from top to toe.
Perth, Australia
“Didn't hit the spot for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Staying at the resort, I booked in for a spa package and a manicure and pedicure. The spa is very clean and immaculate and the prices are fair. I was informed that I would have a male masseuse and I told them I would be fine with that. However, once starting the body scrub, I regretted it. He was very strong and my body scrub was rubbed in very hard, felt a bit like sandpaper to be honest! The masseuse was very professional at all times trying to preserve my modesty, and warning me of massaging areas such as my stomach. He kept a towel across my breasts at all times. Once treatment had commenced a lady from reception came in and told me that I would not be able to have a bath, as someone was already using it. I believe that I should have been informed this when I first made my booking. Surely the booking system would show conflicting appointments? I was offered a longer massage as an alternative. The massage was ok, but not as good as I expected. The shower offered afterwards didn't work properly, so I had to have a cold one. The treatment rooms are also freezing, I had to ask to get the aircon turned off. I must admit, I was also a bit disappointed with an Australian girl working there. Whilst having my manicure and pedicure I sat out the front of the spa. She didn't greet me or say hello, which I thought was a bit rude. She and some of the other girls sat at the front counter and were gossiping, not only about there lives, but about some clients. Just seemed a bit unprofessional of the reception team, whilst the other staff were professional whilst giving treatments. Sadly I don't think I'd come back to the spa again. The hotel, on the other hand is amazing. Hopefully the spa can follow soon

Visited May 2013
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear riana_mcdonnell,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
In regards to the temperature of the room being too cold for you, it is hard to please everyone with something like this, majority of people prefer the cool rooms as a contrast to the outside heat of Bali, there is no problem in asking for the AC to be turned off, as you did.
The showers do work, but as we have so many guests coming in and also our staff using the hot water for treatments, during the day it takes a while to come through, all you need is a little patience….
Our male therapists are very good but If the pressure of your scrub was too hard, all you had to do was tell the therapist and he would have adjusted the pressure.

Our Australian hairdresser who was sitting at the front always acknowledges all guests and smiles to everyone. The reception staff is way too busy to have time for gossiping and we are sorry if that is what you felt that day.
My suggestion to you is next time you have a concern, please speak up so it can be addressed immediately.

Kind regards and looking forward to the next time we meet in the future.

The spa management

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Mixed reviews...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

During our recent stay at Semara, my husband and I both tried out the spa facilities & treatments offered.

The rooms are gorgeous and clean. The majority of staff are very friendly & the prices are quite reasonable for an onsite spa.

I thoroughly enjoyed my foot massage and my husband his reflexology.

When we booked in, we were also encouraged to experience their new Debussy facial treatment which they were offering a complimentary 20min per person trial on.

As there is only one room with this machine, the bookings are made back to back & herein lies the problem. My treatment was running about 15 minutes behind schedule. The very nice DeBussy representative on site came and explained this to me and we had a nice chat to while away the time.

However when my husband was to have his treatment, no one told him what was happening and he was left waiting, not knowing if he had been forgotten or overlooked. After 20mins, he told the staff he would not be taking the treatment. They didn't even ask why and he left without after further conversation.

It is ashame because once my treatment began, it was superb. So very relaxing. The person giving the treatment explained everything at the beginning of the consult so that the remainder of the treatment was peaceful & very relaxing, just the way a facial should be.

So really a wonderful treatment let down by poor time management and bad communication.
Hopefully this improves over time.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PerthSchatzi
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear PerthSchatzi,

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed the spa treatments.
Regarding your Debussy Facial Rejuvenation free trial, we do apologize for the miscommunication at the reception.

For your information, the Debussy team had just started a day before at Semara spa and was still in the process of training and organizing everything.
They are perfectly organized now and look forward to seeing you again when you come back to Bali for another 30 min free trial. This is an ongoing offer.
Berkeley, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great treatments at a great price point”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were looking for a spa package that included more than just the basic balinese massage and reflexology you can find anywhere in Seminuiyak. We didn't want a $5 massage on a dirty mattress and we also did not want to pay American level prices at the W or its competitors. We chose a 3.5 hour package at Semara which came to $132 (with tax and tip) and were not disappointed.

The treatments were great. They had interesting choices of scrubs and wraps, the massage was high-quality and the facial was also good. The spa is plush, clean and beautifully designed. It was a great several hours.

A few minor criticisms: The music they played with English lyrics was terrible. If they are not familiar with decent English music they should stick with what they know. Balinese music would be fine. Also, they seemed a little disorganized and did not take us for a half hour after we arrived, and kept suggesting that my friend and I use the couples' room. Our packages each included a floral bath but they explained after we arrived that they only had one tub available. But they did a scalp massage instead which was even better.

Visited November 2012
SemaraManagement, Manager at Semara Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Zigneous, thank you so much for your great review about Semara spa. We value our guests’ opinion and I am really glad you have enjoyed your experience at Semara Spa. About the music, a lot of guests do not appreciate Balinese music and we try to change the music as often as possible to accommodate different people’s musical tastes. Semara spa is a very busy spa therefore it does happen sometimes that you need to wait at reception and we try our very best to keep the waiting time to a minimum.
Thank you for your constructive comments
East Victoria Park, Australia
“FIve star rating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Whether you are staying at semara resort or not do yourself a favour and book into semara spa, they have an amazing range of treatments at reasonable prices with professional staff; and it's all about experience/environment and attention to detail which they have mastered.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“OK, wouldnt go back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had heard really good feedback about this spa, but I was left a little disappointed.... I had a massage, and generally wasnt that great. I wouldn't go back.

Visited October 2012