“Wonderful for couples, clean, beautiful environment & great service. Loved it!”
Review of Sundari Day Spa

Sundari Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 127 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Sundari Day Spa healing and wellness is inspired by the traditional Balinese philosophy of Tri Hita Karana, which encourages us to nurture a greater harmony with spirit, the environment and with one another. A fusion of traditional and modern healing techniques is combined with organic and botanical ingredients that capture the healing powers of plants, herbs and ancient remedies, as well as the therapeutic touch of our highly skilled therapists, to deliver a deep sense of relaxation, long lasting beauty and wellbeing. This holistic approach encompasses all treatments and rituals - the advanced skin care procedures have been specially developed, in-house, to utilize cutting-edge modern technology such as Micro-Currents, Collagen Induction Therapy and Stem Cells to allow the organic healing process to naturally unfold in the serene atmosphere of our Spa.
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a wonderful afternoon at the Sundari Day Spa.

We rang and booked the couples retreat in the morning, great service over the phone booked in for 12noon.

When we arrived they were expecting us with welcome drinks. It is a beautiful building very clean and well looked after.

Our massages were fantastic & went for a good 1.5 hours.The body scrub and wrap was fantastic, lots of time to relax. The flower bath at the end was a fantastic way to wash off and spend some time together.

Thank you Sundari Day Spa we enjoyed every moment & will be back again.

SundariDaySpa, Owner at Sundari Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear DaisNDave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your wonderful review.

The spa itself is a retreat where you can escape the hustle and bustle of Seminyak and provides the perfect atmosphere to enjoy one of our many excellent treatments. We combined a modern design with local material such as stone, wood and bamboo to provide an elegant and soothing ambiance without losing the Balinese charm.

We aim to provide an exceptional quality of treatment and service is all aspects of the spa and we are happy that you had a wonderful afternoon at our spa with your fiancé and hope you will treasure those moments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Sundari Experience and thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you arrived you are greeted with a smile and served a cool towel and cold welcoming drink while you decide what treatment to take (and believe me it took a while as they have many to choose from which all sound tempting). We opted for a signature massage each and my wife had a microdermabrasion facial afterwards while I had a reflexology. The staff are friendly and helpful and it is obvious that a lot of time and effort has gone into their training and this shows in the treatments. The signature massage was excellent and the foot reflexology was very good too and the therapist was able to tell me which organs corresponded to the point that were a little painful. For my wife the highlight was the facial...she couldn't stop talking about it all evening! We will definitely be returning next week before we leave Bali to enjoy more treatments and go home pampered and fresh. We have both become big fans of Sundari Day Spa and would recommend it to anybody!

SundariDaySpa, Owner at Sundari Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear David,

We aim to provide the highest standard in all aspects of your experience, from the moment you enter and receive a refreshing towel and a cool Rosella Tea until you finish with a fresh homemade Ginger Tea, and we are truly delighted to hear that you agree.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading great reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to give Sundari a go and we were not disappointed! The spa is very clean and staff were very attentive. My wife and I both had a massage and I had a body wrap. Both were very nice. My wife also decided to have her nails painted at the end just for the sake of it. This was probably the only part in need of improvement as they were expensive by bali standards (100, 000) and peeled off 4 hrs later. All in all it was a nice experience and we would definitely recommend to friends.

Dear dbridge82,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your great review.

Our therapists complete extensive training and continuously work to perfect their skills and combine this with only the highest quality botanical and organic ingredients to provide the best quality treatments. I am therefore glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage and Organic Aloe Vera Body Wrap.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I travel to Bali on business, several times a year. I make a point of always going to Sundari Day Spa. The have a wonderful 1.5 hr hot stone massage (approx $45) which leaves you feeling so good. There are many cheaper places, and a lot that are much more expensive - the cheaper ones are OK if you don't mind listening to motorbikes, dogs barking etc. Sundari is quiet, never any outside noise, and very relaxing. The atmosphere is lovely, and decorated in tones of grey & red. For the price, it is the best you can get. Their ginger tea after your treatment is delicious! Bea & her son have created a beautiful little corner of complete peace in noisy Seminyak!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear DragonflyGuam55,

We are very pleased to hear that you regularly enjoy our Spa. Our aim is to provide consistent, professional and high quality service which is customized to each customers individual needs. The modern design of our spa is complimented by the use of local building materials such as stone, wood and bamboo to provide the perfect atmosphere to relax and get pampered in.

On your next visit to our Spa please do not hesitate to inquire about our Gold Membership where you can receive an exclusive 20% discount on all treatments, take advantage of exclusive promotions and even win free treatments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all your treatments at our Spa and thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I decided to book my husband and I at Sundari based on the Tripadvisor's reviews.
The booking was done through email and the confirmation was almost instantaneous! When we needed to change the timing of our booking, this was dealt with very promptly too. The service was almost real time. With such high level quod service, my expectations were quite high.

Sundari offers complimentary pick up in Seminyak area and we took that service. When we reached the premises, we were offered cold towel and a cold drink. We then filled in a form whereby we indicated the type of pressure we prefer, areas to focus on and areas not to touch. It was quite impressive how much details they went into.

That is until we had the massage. What we had written on the form were either ignored or all forgotten. For myself, while the pressure of the massage was initially good, it tapered off and toward the end, it felt like the masseuse was just applying very light pressure. I had thought it was because I did hot stone massage but my husband said it was the same for him. So we were both very dissatisfied with the massages. To be fair though, the handling of the hot stones was quite good ie I didn't get scalded which happened elsewhere before.

There was another couple who have been visiting Bali for quite a number of times for the past 15years or so and they have always returned to the Sundari spa. And they have always requested for specific therapists. S probably we just got the ones who were not quite good. So if you know which therapists are good, I guess you can always try Sundari.

But we won't be going back as we have found a really great one in an area nearby.

Dear lovecartier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your feedback.

Firstly, we are glad that you were impressed by the quality of our services. We aim to provide high quality and personalized treatments for all of our customers and I am therefore very disappointed that you were dissatisfied with your massage. If you could please email me the time and date of your visit I will be sure to rectify this with the therapists in question to ensure it will not happen again.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future as we strive to satisfy all of our customers.