“Lovely experience”

Ranked #1 of 121 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Sundari Day Spa healing and wellness is inspired by the traditional Balinese philosophy of Tri Hita Karana, which encourages us to nurture a greater harmony with spirit, the environment and with one another. A fusion of traditional and modern healing techniques is combined with organic and botanical ingredients that capture the healing powers of plants, herbs and ancient remedies, as well as the therapeutic touch of our highly skilled therapists, to deliver a deep sense of relaxation, long lasting beauty and wellbeing. This holistic approach encompasses all treatments and rituals - the advanced skin care procedures have been specially developed, in-house, to utilize cutting-edge modern technology such as Micro-Currents, Collagen Induction Therapy and Stem Cells to allow the organic healing process to naturally unfold in the serene atmosphere of our Spa.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading great reviews on Tripadvisor we decided to give Sundari a go and we were not disappointed! The spa is very clean and staff were very attentive. My wife and I both had a massage and I had a body wrap. Both were very nice. My wife also decided to have her nails painted at the end just for the sake of it. This was probably the only part in need of improvement as they were expensive by bali standards (100, 000) and peeled off 4 hrs later. All in all it was a nice experience and we would definitely recommend to friends.

Visited August 2013
SundariDaySpa, Owner at Sundari Day Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear dbridge82,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your great review.

Our therapists complete extensive training and continuously work to perfect their skills and combine this with only the highest quality botanical and organic ingredients to provide the best quality treatments. I am therefore glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage and Organic Aloe Vera Body Wrap.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Sundari Experience and thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sundari”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I travel to Bali on business, several times a year. I make a point of always going to Sundari Day Spa. The have a wonderful 1.5 hr hot stone massage (approx $45) which leaves you feeling so good. There are many cheaper places, and a lot that are much more expensive - the cheaper ones are OK if you don't mind listening to motorbikes, dogs barking etc. Sundari is quiet, never any outside noise, and very relaxing. The atmosphere is lovely, and decorated in tones of grey & red. For the price, it is the best you can get. Their ginger tea after your treatment is delicious! Bea & her son have created a beautiful little corner of complete peace in noisy Seminyak!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear DragonflyGuam55,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very pleased to hear that you regularly enjoy our Spa. Our aim is to provide consistent, professional and high quality service which is customized to each customers individual needs. The modern design of our spa is complimented by the use of local building materials such as stone, wood and bamboo to provide the perfect atmosphere to relax and get pampered in.

On your next visit to our Spa please do not hesitate to inquire about our Gold Membership where you can receive an exclusive 20% discount on all treatments, take advantage of exclusive promotions and even win free treatments.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all your treatments at our Spa and thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Prompt service, massage not up to expectations”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I decided to book my husband and I at Sundari based on the Tripadvisor's reviews.
The booking was done through email and the confirmation was almost instantaneous! When we needed to change the timing of our booking, this was dealt with very promptly too. The service was almost real time. With such high level quod service, my expectations were quite high.

Sundari offers complimentary pick up in Seminyak area and we took that service. When we reached the premises, we were offered cold towel and a cold drink. We then filled in a form whereby we indicated the type of pressure we prefer, areas to focus on and areas not to touch. It was quite impressive how much details they went into.

That is until we had the massage. What we had written on the form were either ignored or all forgotten. For myself, while the pressure of the massage was initially good, it tapered off and toward the end, it felt like the masseuse was just applying very light pressure. I had thought it was because I did hot stone massage but my husband said it was the same for him. So we were both very dissatisfied with the massages. To be fair though, the handling of the hot stones was quite good ie I didn't get scalded which happened elsewhere before.

There was another couple who have been visiting Bali for quite a number of times for the past 15years or so and they have always returned to the Sundari spa. And they have always requested for specific therapists. S probably we just got the ones who were not quite good. So if you know which therapists are good, I guess you can always try Sundari.

But we won't be going back as we have found a really great one in an area nearby.

Visited August 2013
SundariDaySpa, Owner at Sundari Day Spa, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear lovecartier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor and thank you for your feedback.

Firstly, we are glad that you were impressed by the quality of our services. We aim to provide high quality and personalized treatments for all of our customers and I am therefore very disappointed that you were dissatisfied with your massage. If you could please email me the time and date of your visit I will be sure to rectify this with the therapists in question to ensure it will not happen again.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future as we strive to satisfy all of our customers.

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyment at Sundari Day Spa”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I had a very enjoyable time at the Spa. The owner and staff were very professional and the environment was very clean and relaxing.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Dear hia297,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your treatments at our Spa and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“best massage”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

this spa so clean and the atmosphere very relaxing. the massage was the best in my life! they used woman therapist, so small but strong so we really enjoy our massage. the price very cheap and the service so good and friendly that we go many times to this place. we think this spa is the best in bali and even my husband really love it.

皆さん、すごくいいスパです。

店内は凄く清潔で、マッサージも最高です。

皆さん是非試しに行ってみてください。

Dear YukoYamamoto,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Sundari Day Spa on TripAdvisor.

We are always aiming to develop and improve the already high standard of our treatments and services and it is very pleasing to hear that you noticed this. Our therapists complete extensive training and continuously work to perfect their skills and, as you mentioned, we use only the highest quality botanical and organic ingredients to provide the best quality treatments.

We thank you for your continued custom and look forward to welcoming you back to our Spa on next visit to Bali.