“Quiet, peaceful Villas ... Highly recommend.”

Jas Boutique Villas
Ranked #271 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at Jas Boutique Villas for 5 nights with my family in a 2 brm villa. I was apprehensive about the private pool having a 2 year old but the villa staff assisted in providing keys to every lockable door to ensure I could keep him indoors when need be. The villa provides a level, of privacy and space to that of a hotel. The staff were all genuine warm and friendly .... My son just loved them all. breakfast was included each morning with a wide selection. Transportation locally pick up and drop off was a great convenience. The location was difficult for taxi drivers they don't seem to know the Gangs (laneways) well . I found it useful to learn the name of a landmark building on jl raya seminyak .. Overall highly recommend .. Pls note the brms are actually two separate buildings with outside entry into each located within the confines of he walled villa good for adults not so good if you are supervising children.
Thankyou to the staff at Jas from reception to drivers to housekeeping you all do a fabulous job !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 95Trvlgrl
There are newer reviews for Jas Boutique Villas

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I spent my first night there, after a very late arrival to airport. I reached my room by midnight.
Took a swim right away in the private pool. It is walled but quite nice and warm water and atmospheric lighting. A bit steep steps. I had trouble to climb in and out. It was surprisingly quiet, being in Seminyak, but far enough away from the street noise. Very good and soft bed. TV had Dutch channel BVN.
It is close to ATM's and shops so I could stock up on things I needed before heading to remote villas, like buying the latest movies on DVD .
I don't think I would want to spend a week there, as there is no view from the pool and gazebo.
I had room 5 and that was away from the reception, on the street just next to reception area so very private, like having your own private villa in Seminyak.
At entrance of villa is the kitchen where I had my breakfast that they brought when I wanted.
All in all a very nice stay and I can warmly recommend it, at least for some nights.
Very nice staff.

Room Tip: I had villa 5, very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The location is good but not great. Villa is tucked away along one of the million alleys in seminyak and walking in and out of it means walking past piles of dust and dirt from the construction sites
The villa itself is of great value for what we paid, bathroom showers alternate between hot and cold water sometimes but that's dismissible. The air conditioning in one room is weaker than the other but the sheets are clean all the time, the pool gets relatively enough sunlight to remain at a nice temperature.

Guests are given a mobile phone instead of a room phone and that's great because you get to carry it along whereever you go.
They provide shuttle services to nearby streets which was a great help because of the villa's slightly inconvenient location.
We would ask the driver to drop us at legion or whereever else possible and then we'd walk, it saves us about 20 minutes of walking distance

Food is average, sometimes below average and i'm only talking about the breakfast. They serve breakfast to your villa in the morning and you choose what you want the day before.
Asian cuisine is way better than western. The fruit musli is good.

Service is impeccable. Staff are friendly, always greeting us with a good morning or a hello.
They provide very warm service with advice on where to eat, where to go and are always helpful with everything else.
I left something in the car that brought us to the airport and only realized 2 hours later. We called the villa immediately and they found my belonging. One of the staff actually used his own motorbike to bring my painting all the way to the airport because he was afraid of getting stuck in the jam. Instead of coming in an hour, he made it in 20 mins, just in time for us to do check in and get on our flight! He even ran all the way in to the international airport and made it with a smile. What better service can you get from this! We had to push some money into his hands because he refused it kindly.

Overall:
Their service made our trip better than it already was! Thank you for bringing my painting back :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Livingbythehighway
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Jas Boutique Villa was definitely the highlight of my Bali trip! The staff went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was fuss free! I was amazed at how genuine each of the staff was! From housekeeping to reception to the drivers! Everything was done with a huge smile and a can-do attitude! We loved the privacy and how exclusive the villas were. Sure there was some maintenance issue with our bath tub and air-conditioning but it was promptly and immediately addressed by their on-site maintenance crew.

The complimentary chauffeur service around the Seminyak area was AWESOME and extremely convenient. It's a little dodgy to walk into the villa compound so when we did get out of Seminyak, we would get the cab driver to drop us at the nearby supermarket (Bintang Supermarket) and call the villa driver to pick us up! This service was extremely helpful since it was just us 2 girls travelling around, we felt very safe and the car was always quick to arrive.

Size of the villa is not huge, but it was very comfortable for us 2 girls. We loved the extra long pillows and massive king size bed! Although we found it hard to unclog the bath tub, but the size and depth of the tub makes up for it. Great rain shower head as well!

What makes Jas Boutique Villa one of the best places to live in in Bali is the hospitable staff with such great personalities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Doreen N
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Room: Room was nice. Size was average. Kitchen amenities were complete. Bed & pillows very comfortable.

Location: Very near to Seminyak city area. However, if you plan to walk from the villas to the city areas, need to be a bit careful because there are few construction sites along the way and it is dark at night.

Have to be very specific in giving instructions to the taxi driver on how to get to this villa. We got lost on our way back from Seminyak area because it was already dark and not so sure the road to get there. This is because the road is very confusing.

Tips; maybe you can ask the reception staffs to draw a map before you leave the villa and when you are somewhere in the city and hop into a taxi,you can show it to the driver.

Staffs: Staffs were very friendly and alwasy serve with pleasant smiles on their face. We were guided by Putu (Tour Driver) during our tour to the attractions in the island. He was very friendly and shared so many stories about the culture, history and background of the places that we visited.

Service & breakfast: Breakfast was average. There are not many choices to choose from but I personally prefer the local foods compared to western breakfast.

The villa provide shuttle services to Seminyak area. However, they are not always available during peak season (eg due to traffic conditions in city area). Maybe, they should have a proper schedule/timetable for the shuttle services.

Pool & Massage: Pool was great but its a bit deep, approx 5 feet. Water was a bit cold. Massage was great but a bit pricy if you compared to other spa and massage outlet.,

Room Tip: Request for a room near to the main road instead of near to the construction site.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I came here for a romantic vacation and all I got was a headache. Though the room was beautiful, and so was the pool, it was position in such a way where we only got sunlight from 9:30am-10am in the morning. Other than that, we couldn't tan, and the water was too cold to swim in.

The breakfast was plain awful. And during breakfast one morning, a monkey jumped into our villa and started screaming at us. We ran for help and at first they didn't believe us. They ended up coming to check it out, and put the monkey in a trash bag.

The area is surrounded by construction and construction noises, so if you want to sleep, forget about it.

The hotel was so awful that we asked if we could check out early without incurring penalties and they said it was fine. However, the morning we went to leave, we were told that the person who told us this was wrong -- after we had already changed our flight. Thankfully, although the hotel did not refund us, I booked the hotel through hotels.com and they did. I've stayed at $20/night hotels in Bali that were more beautiful and had better service.

The spa is also ridiculously overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZonaCatHoops
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great rooms, all the amenities you could wish for with fantastic service at a good price... But there's only one wish, bed was okay.... But a more comfortable bed would make this so much better!

Last time I was in Bali, we stayed at the royal kamuela in ubud, similar sort of thing but the bed is one of the most comfortable ever.

We were well looked after and for the price I would highly recommend!

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends