“Fave hotel Versus Grandmas Hotel in Seminyak, Bali.”

Primera Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #93 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Fave hotel Versus Grandmas Hotel in Seminyak, Bali.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having now stayed at both, I can tell you if your looking for a good value, clean, friendly budget hotel, look no further than Grandmas Hotel.
I stayed last night at the Fave Seminyak and I wont be back..
Noisy in the corridors till 3am will party revellers then from 6am screaming babies, corridors echo, walls are paper thin and the room is basic.
Locations of both hotels are good but Grandmas is nearer the beach Fave nearer the bars. The noise from the bars can be heard in the hotel.
Glad Im only here 1 night. I will not be back. Mmmmm which way is Grandmas?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception on the ground floor, its VERY noisy!! If you want a BIG bed, be sure the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank tonycelfit
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear tonydv8,
I really appreciate your time taken to let us know your experience staying with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise experience. This encourages us to make improvement on reducing our noise level. We have added our sleep-concierge at night to monitor the guest floor. Our sleep concierge will walk around during the night and advise any of our guests if they are found making noise either in the room or on the corridor to reduce their noise.

We also share this feedback to our project team to look into improvement on our building which gives straight impact to reduce noise level.

It is true that you can't always avoid the loud music, considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs. However it can be reduced by requesting the tower in the back, Tower A. Our guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority in that tower as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

I hope that with those improvement my teams are making, you will still give us the opportunity to accommodate and serve you in the future. Thank you.

Komang Artana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

For the $32 USD we spent a night, you cannot beat the value at this hotel. Excellent location but a 15 minute walk if you are looking for the beach. Clean, pretty rooms with flat screen tv. Didn't eat breakfast here as it was not included with our price. Hotel staff extremely friendly and we would definitely stay here again. Bright colours in the restaurant too and looked very clean but we didn't eat there. Clean, comfy bed. Shower was a bit tired looking. The only downside was the hallways. You could hear anyone walking or talking out there every time they went by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear danielle1324,

I am glad that you appreciate and enjoy the value of our offer for your stay at favehotel Seminyak. We keep on providing our great offer at our website and our partner via travel agent.

Yes, the hotel location is 10 minutes walking distance to the famous beach of Seminyak. And along the way to the beach, I am sure that you enjoyed the walk as along the street you find various of restaurant and bar, art shops, mini market and boutique shops.

I wish that you tried our breakfast as our kitchen team always prepare daily buffet breakfast, ranging from Indonesian to western food variety, mixed of salad, bread and white toast with home made jam, fruit, omelette corner, orange juice, coffee and tea at our Lime restaurant. We also provide upgrade of breakfast a la carte with affordable price and you can request easily to our waiter or waitress.

I am also glad that you enjoy our rooms condition, except for the shower experience which I have shared directly to our Chief Engineer to fix it. In addition to the noise level on our corridor, our team has added sleep concierge to walk around during the night on guest floor to advise any guests in the room or on the corridor to reduce their noise if happens. Our project team has looked into improving noise reduction level by looking at every possibility around the corridor and and the guestroom. This is an ongoing progress which we monitor periodically.

Your compliment about our staffs has been also shared to our staffs and they are very happy to receive such compliment! Thank you.

I look forward to your return stay for another future fun, fresh and friendly experience at favehotel Seminyak Bali.

Kuching, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

2 nasty experiences on 2 seperate visits before i could check out this new property in the heart of night life Bali prompted me to submit this brief review, stay out of this place forever and personally would not recommend it to anyone !
first incident was in Dec 2012 when i called up the hotel, inquired about the availability and rates and then booked a room for a friend. upon arrival at the hotel, on the same day, the reception had told me that the special rates which was also displayed on a banner by the entrance of the hotel is no longer valid. if its no longer on promo, why is it still on display with the promotion period still apply as stated ????
Today is another incident where i had to visit a friend who is staying there. upon parking in the empty parking lot at the front of this property, the security guard told me that its only for guests. i told him i will walk to the lobby to pick up the guest and in 2 minutes and the we would leave. he whispered to me saying that if i give him something, then i could park. i was curious to find out what he wanted so i asked him in indonesian language "berapa?" . the reply given softly back to me was USD6.00 ! for 2 mins and to pick up a hotel guest.!!!! Feeling astonished at what i have just heard, i walked toward the lobby and spoke to the duty manager to find out if this is a usual practice. the duty manager took almost no interest in my complaints while another security guard rushed in to interrupt the conversation with lies that his colleague couldn't understand English and so on. My conclusion on both of these occasions is that the staff is probably taking money from the hotel (on the side) and the management doesn't seem to realize it !

1 Thank Sarawaklaksa
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Sarawaklaksa,

I am so glad receiving your comment and would like to thank you for taking the time to convey to my attention regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

We have reviewed your positive feedback and discussed with our related department concerned. This is paramount to our services and by having feedback like yours, will help us improve.

I would like to inform that our parking area at the hotel is mainly provided for our hotel guest who stay and dine with us as part of our guest facility.

To this end, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and if you need further attention related to this matter, I could be contacted at my email seminyakgm@favehotels.com

With best regards,

Komang Artana

Travelers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

As a first visit to Bali the Fave hotel played a large part in making it a memorable trip. A very relaxing atmosphere in the hotel with very friendly and helpful staff.
Breakfast menu was very Indonesian with a rice dish, chicken or fish and a vegetable dish each morning. Along with these there was the option, at a small charge, of a "westerner" breakfast along with fresh fruit and an egg station which made scrambled eggs or omelettes to order with very friendly staff.
The hotel bar was nice and open with very attentive staff.
The pool was a little small but very welcome to dip into after a day on the beach or travelling around the area.
Reception staff always helpful, even when doing a printout of the booking in form for the airport.
Rooms cleaned everyday t a very high standard.
Downside, well when some hot water was requested for a pot noodle a small charge was made.
With a lot of bars on the main road the noise level did carry on until gone midnight most evenings. But it is a holiday resort so not sure it is a complaint against the hotel more an observation on the general area.
All in all a very nice hotel to stay and if I should return to Bali I would look to stay here again.

Room Tip: As for rooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Borderer73,

I would like to thank you for the time taken to share your stay experience with us on tripadvisor.

Your comment to our atmosphere, our staff, the breakfast experience, our swimming pool and seminyak area, has been very positive and encourage us to serve better.

Based on some guest's feedback about hot and cold water request, we have provided complimentary hot and cold water placed on water dispenser on every guestroom corridor.

As Seminyak is a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, our guests who book directly on our favehotel website can make request to get Tower A and will get first priority in that tower as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

Overall, your comment has been very valuable for our service improvement and we look forward to your next stay with our next experience at favehotel Seminyak.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Favehotel is supposed to be a budget hotel, so please rate and review it accordingly. This was my first stay at a budget hotel and I wouldn't say it was bad at all considering we booked the hotel in the same week we stayed and was paying $40 a night as supposed to $180.
I am going to stress how amazing the staffs were, just like all the other reviewers, and I will probably mention it again at the end of this review. The staff in this hotel was def aimed to please, they'll go out of their way to put a smile in your face. They would say no due to the hotel policy but with one eyebrow raised you should have no issue at all.

- The hotel only gives you one key card and with a deposit of $2.50 they will issue you another key (at first i laughed, then i realized it's a budget hotel,.. so relax guys)
- The room I stayed in did not have a refrigerator which was fine since looking back all the hotels i stayed in i rarely find the use of a refrigerator knowing we mostly eat out and venture out most of the time.
- The hotel doesn't lend hairy dryer, iron and ironing board as well as converter for more than three hours. Demand you need it more than 3hr limit they they give you, you'll be fine. and don't forget to raise one eyebrow :)
- The location is great, across the street from circle K, lots of local boutique shops and somewhere to stuff your face and at night the street gets a little busy. There are about 8 restaurants, 5 gay bars and 7 other bars along with other shops on the street (but not all by the hotel)
- for other reviewers who complained about the noise, I stayed in the first floor at room 123 which was located directly right hand side of the entrance, It did not bother me at all. Granted you hear some live band and music from bars down the street, but its nothing major that would keep you up all night.
- The pool were tiny with only 4 recliners.
- We were given breakfast vouchers, but we ordered breakfast instead which came up to $12 for the both of us. Breakfast was more suitable for lunch.
- The spa doesn't exist, they do the massages in your room.
- if you are renting a car or motorbike on your stay in bali, they provide parking at no charge in the lower level of the hotel.
- Check out time was speedy, record time 5 minutes.
- again , for the second time, hands down to the staffs for the extra mile. Note to the management: the two guys and a balinese girl in the morning shift in the lime restaurant are super sweet, people like them definitely made our stay welcomed. I try not to be so biased on reviews and I hope this helps future reviewers that are planning to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: if you're a light sleeper and a sound of crickets bother you, request for a room thats located o...
1 Thank anthnyc
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear anthnyc,

Thank you for the time taken to share your experience at TripAdvisor.

We are glad to receive such compliment and my teams are very happy about it. I really appreciate that you share your insight experience, ranging from your room, our friendly staff, the breakfast, the hotel facilities and the vibrant area of Seminyak which is a great encouragement for our teams.

Favehotel Seminyak is designed for the budget traveler, looking for a great price in a great location. We have larger rooms with a balcony, even a suite with a bathtub, minibar, larger LCD TV and a living room. Guests can book directly via our website to get our special deal for this room type.

For your future stay, these items can be requested at no cost to our housekeeping; such as hair dryer, iron and ironing board, baby cot and adapter. Just dial 2 from your room telephone to get this service.

We look forward to having your next visit soon.

bunbury western australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

not a bad little hotel pretty central in kuta - no bar fridge (get ice in a bucket from down stairs bar) comfy bed and yes 1 pillow each. small pool but refreshing - only 3 lounges. I used my pre paid credit card to purchase the room when we first checked in (i was told the money wouldnt come out of my bank as it was on hold) when i checked out my card declined (as money did come out) and had to use another credit card . The duty manager is awsum he did assure me that my funds would be put back on my card and he did everything possible to make sure it happened. It did happen but took 5 days to go back on my card - Hence i was charged twice for our rooms for 5 days - not happy - but all in all good budget hotel wiv basic breaky.

Room Tip: 3rd floor no noice - was tops
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ipsukroo,

I am glad that you have taken your time to let us know your experience via TripAdvisor.

Our hotel is designed for the budget traveler looking for great prices at the great location in Seminyak. None of our rooms are equipped with fridge, except our Suite rooms that is also larger room, larger LCD TV, with a living room and a suite with bathtub. And we have just upgraded and added our sun deck chairs as of May 2013.

Referring to your experience using the pre-paid card, I have shared with our Front Office team to be more caution in handling this kind of transaction. We also liaised with our bank to provide further training for better handling of such transaction. And your compliment to our duty manager and the check in staff have been shared and they are happy that you noticed their good services.

I apologize for this inconvenience and I hope that this experience will not deter you to return stay with us at favehotel Seminyak. Take care and we look forward to your next visit as interesting experience always awaits you in Seminyak.

Berkeley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's a very basic hotel but very good value for Seminyak. The best part of the hotel is the location, which is central to everything. Seminyak beach is a short 10 minute walk and the main shopping corridor is around the corner.

The rooms themselves are very basic, small and sterile white. It's more Ikea-ish than Balinese in there. The rooms also let in a lot of outside noise, probably from the door.

Given the price, location, and the fact that you're not gonna be spending much time in the rooms it's a pretty good deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gobears2013,

Your comment has been very positive for us and thank you for sharing it at TripAdvisor.

You are absolutely right that besides the famous Seminyak Beach which is a 10 minutes walk, our location is also close to the restaurants, famous bars and clubs, Bintang supermarket, some boutique shops, money changer, circle-K, atm and a 25 minutes drive from the airport. Walking along the seminyak street has been very fun too.

I am glad that you enjoyed our great deal on our website. We actively update our special deal for guests to enjoy. And favehotel Seminyak is designed for budget traveler looking for great prices on the great location. We also have larger rooms with balcony to a suite with bathtub, fridge, larger LCD TV and a living room. Special deal is also available for this room type when you visit our website.

We cannot wait to your next stay with us at favehotel Seminyak.