“Good Cheapo Hotel”

Ranked #90 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney
“Good Cheapo Hotel”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The rooms are very basic, small and simple, but super clean and modern. There is no fridge in the room, and the beds are small. Aircon worked fine, and there was free wifi. Decent selection of Western TV channels.

So the reviews about the noise are true, but you have to consider the price you are paying, the kind of people that price will attract, and the location of the hotel. There is a large Sports Bar right next door, and the gay bar strip is on the same block.

Breakfast is really good quality, but very basic. Fried Rice, Fried Noodles, Fried Fish or Chicken, Omelets, Toast, Basic Salad. No cereal, no pastries, no juice selection. But as stated, very good quality and kept fresh and well stocked.

Swimming Pool, is a big let down. Tiny pool, considering the hotel has over 250 rooms. There is only room for about 10 people to sit by the pool, and there is virtually no sun at any time. We were very disappointed by this, and will probably not stay here again as a result.

The staff are all very nice and friendly. They are all very well trained, and the hotel has made a clearly conscious effort to ensure consistency of service levels from all staff. From the way they great you, to the way they deal with extra requests.

We paid about $55 per night booked direct on their website for a Balcony room. The rooms are a bit larger, and feel more open, but ours looked out onto the street, so obviously a bit noisier. The other rooms without balconies might be a bit more quiet, but they are smaller, and look inwards to the hotel, so you can see into some of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ShyFlyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed June 16, 2012

If you're here to party until 4am, come back and black out into your bed, this hotel is easily ideal. Great rooms for the cost, staff are wonderful, but yes, its a saturday and I'm back at 1am because we have an early day tour tomorrow, and music, no, SCREAMING that doesn't even remotely resemble music, is blaring through my window. I would advise that if you want a good night of sleep, either come prepared with some ear plugs, drink yourself silly each night, or request a room away from the noise. I think I got one of the unluckily located rooms, or perhaps it's just the weekend (it was like this Friday night too), because it looks like other people have had nights that have been just fine, but this, this is not something I would have picked.

• Stayed June 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 10, 2012

1) They let us check in at 5AM without charging more and had consistently helpful staff. 2) I feel that they are actually reading these reviews and trying to fix things: They fill the quiet parts of the hotel first; we heard no music or loud guests. They did fix the wifi so that it worked in the rooms.
Listen, it is the cheapest place,by far, in the area and for that fact and the fact that there was nothing uncomfortable or unsightly about the place I feel like it's a great choice. Should you book here if you want a five star spa on the beach with gourmet breakfast, of course not, but if that's what you want then you shouldn't be looking in this price range.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NatalieD1611
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

I was originally staying in a hotel in kuta but moved to seminyak because I found there to be a difference between the local tourist industry. The hotel itself is on the main road to the beach on the edge of seminyak. The staff was always helpful and pleasant. The breakfast included was nice and was replenished often. I stayed here for a total of five days. There was noise from the street but inthe fifth floor I found it easy to fall asleep. I didn't have any issues with loud neighbors or noise coming from attached rooms. There is also a laundry service located two blocks towards the beach. Bottom line this is a great hotel for the price, but based on some of the reviews others were expecting a five star hotel for a two star price (I didn't find this in Bali unless you look into a home stay or move to another part of the island).

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank TravelingCannuck
KomangArtana, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear TravelingCannuck,
I really appreciate your valued judgement and the compliment for our hotels and services. Thank you! Please let us know when you visit Bali again and hope we can accommodate you back.
With kind regards, Komang Artana
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Meant to be picked up by airport transfer, no show. Sorry only if we can. W T??
The rooms were so tiny. No bathroom supplies what so ever.
Hotel is situated above a nightclub so you are kept awake till 3am every morning. Then there is the passive smoking that you inhale every night from the club. I had my 2 small children with me so requested a change of room. No can do!! So thought would move to a new hotel. Gave a weeks notice of my checkout. Still charged me for my room.
The pool area. No where to sit by the pool . 4 chairs. Or sun bake in the resterant????
Breakfast. Disgusting!!
While its cheap. You are better of paying $20 more and going somewhere better. This hotel is opening up all over Bali . Never again would I ever stay in one of these hotels. The corners are cut short every where here. Very very disappointed .

• Stayed May 2012
KomangArtana, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear knwdvksaf,

I would like to thank you for your TripAdvisor posting following to your recent stay experience with us a favehotel Seminyak Bali. With deep regret, I sincerely apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations starting from your airport pick up, which I have addressed to my Front Office team for better arrangement for future guests. On this part, we fell short.

With its Fun atmosphere, Fresh attitude and Friendly services, favehotel Seminyak is located in the heart of fashionable Seminyak and is ideal for visitors to Bali looking for a great select service hotel in the best location on the island.The super clean and functional rooms offer amenities usually associated with more expensive hotels such as LCD TV's with premium cable channels, remote controlled AC's, en suite bathrooms with standing showers, complimentary high speed WiFi and IDD telephones. Rooms also feature 'easy to use' electronic security key card systems and in-room safes. For our guests experience at our pool,we have just invested additional sundeck chairs as of May 2013, which is part of continuous service improvement.

Considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, you can't always avoid the loud music. However guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority to request our Tower A for a quieter room as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

As part of our internal preventive action that our guests shared too on their feedback to reduce cigarette smell around the lift landing and also on the room corridor, we have decided to forbid any guests for not smoking along the guests's corridor and around the guests' lift landing. Signage of non-smoking in these areas are being added to improve guests' awareness and cooperation. Whereas, we have provided areas for guests to smoke, either in the smoking room on 6th floor of our rooms or around the open area at Lime restaurant and bar.

Favehotel brand development in Bali has its intention to provide accommodation for future traveler looking for great prices on the great location in Bali and the choices of our brand around Bali has been mostly enjoyed by our guests with its fun, fresh and friendly concept.

I apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced on your first stay with us and I hope that this experience will not deter you to return stay with us at favehotel Seminyak Bali or our other favehotels in Bali.

Best Regards,
Komang Artana

Travelers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We booked over the net for one night because we were worried about the noise other travellers have reported. We heard no noise at all. We booked for a further 5 nights befor moving to the gilli islands. The staff were so friendly and would go out of their way to help you. The location is amazing for the price! I will reccomend this to all my friends coming to bail In the future

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katie N
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent hotel for budget traveller, Nice location, good staff, everything clean ....

Room Tip: To avoid and kind of noise. Ask for a room In tower a or c.