“superb service yet not too expensive”
Review of Amo Spa

Amo Spa
Ranked #20 of 134 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: AMO is the ultimate beauty spa in Bali situated right in the middle of Petitenget, Seminyak -- the hottest new neighborhood on the Island of the Gods. The beauty spa is two levels of simple clean lines, yet sophisticatedly lush treatments.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went to Amo Spa for the first time a few days ago and will definitely come back real soon.
The venue was not too big but felt cozy. Nice smell and ambience of the entire venue.
Once I stepped in, the owner directly asked me which selection of teas that I would like to have for compliment. I picked ginger tea and got a little bowl of snacks too.
I came there probably like 30 mins earlier than my appointment time, but I only need to wait for 5-10 mins to wait for a staff who delivered me upstairs - waxing time!

I should admit that having your waxing service here cost a lot cheaper that what other places usually do. In Jakarta or other places might charge you like two times more expensive - or even more. All the waxing processes were exactly the same with those places I've ever been (in which they were more expensive than Amo). Very recommended.

Also washed and blow dried my hair to refreshen me from a hot humid day in Bali, and loving the result. Would love to have manicure treatment there, since Amo has hips of OPI selections!

You really should make an appointment before, as I went there once and they were fully booked.

1  Thank christyalienardi
in 9 reviews
"cream bath"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We both had the extremely memorable day at the amo spa on 23/12/12, it was our anniversary,
the spa has an extensive selection treatments & all the facilities are in impeccable condition,
after our treatments were over, we chatted with the owner of the spa, Navia, who was so nice to talk to and she also helped us with some great local info about the area,
extremely kind and warm person...
Not sure when we will be back in Bali again, but whenever it happens AMO Spa will be on top of our list,
cheers... well done... the team at AMO...

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went to Amo Spa after a bad experience with another spa in Bali to get my eyelashes done. Amo Spa came recommended on the net. They did a fantatstic job with my lashes. I decided to try the manicure, pedicure,oxygen facial, micro dermabrasion facial and a massage over several visits. I have to sat all treatments were excellent. They gave me acup of tea while having my pedicure and a tasty snack. I thought it was great value for money and I will be going back!!! Thank you Amo Spa!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The service from the time we entered to the time we left was phenomenal. Everything was sterilized, which was concern of mine so I was very pleased with the cleanliness. My mani-pedi was perfect and I accidentally smudged it, which they happily fixed. My husband got a massage and asked for a strong therapist, which he was ultra pleased with. Next time I'm in Bali this will be my first stop :)

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The very 1st time we visited Amo Spa in Seminyak (Year 2011, Sept) which was highly recommended by my girlfriend were simply amazing!
Everything was perfect! We did manicure, pedicure, oxygen facial /micro-dermabrasion, cream bath and massage and we felt so relaxed that we booked for a 2nd treatment on the last day of our 3 nights stay. The price was of course on a bit of high side but considering the place to have good service and use quality products, we didn’t mind paying more. The owner of the shop, Navia was really a nice person too, providing me with recommendations on what’s best for my nail colour etc… and making sure all of her customers were well taken care of.

Year 2012 in September, we were back in Bali and we booked Amo Spa again. We were so looking forward to this spa trip but things were different already. Everything was like the shop is closing for the day when we got there in the afternoon. We felt like we are being rushed all the time.
We did cream bath, manicure, pedicure and massage and the guy who did my sister's cream bath was just rushing into everything even while blow drying her hair. Most of us were not given sarong to wear except myself and we were just wondering, did they ran out of sarongs for all the customers? The mani and pedi, it feels like there’s only a few secs to choose your colour. When my sister took just slightly longer, it was met by an impatient face. I really don’t know why they had to rush us like that but we try to understand that maybe Amo Spa was busy during the time we visited so we just sort of brushed off all the rush to us and diligently paid for our services and tips to the crew.

Year 2013 in Feb which is recently, we were back in Bali and decided to try Amo Spa again (maybe its not that bad now?) There were 5 of us and we had Cream bath, mani and pedi and additional facial for my sister. Even my hubby came along this time round BUT again, we were being rushed at almost all the treatments. Some of us girls were not even given sarongs to wear. I asked the crew should I change to the sarong and she said no need cos I’m wearing a loose shirt. I didn’t like it as she had to pull my V neck shirt and my bra straps down onto my arm… same goes for my sister whose shirt has been pulled down as well. Honestly, I don’t think it would take long to change to the sarongs and besides, we all arrive slightly earlier for our appointments. Then came the tugging of my left arm when my head is under the steamer. The manicurist who was seated on the right could have moved to the other side but didn’t..The tugging was the same for my hubby too as i was seated just next to him and could see how uncomfortable he felt. My sister did a gelish french manicure and it wasn’t a great job as well. The manicurist was again impatient when my sister explained that the tips were too thick which was not supposed to be.

Overall, we felt that the standards has dropped and I'm not sure if we will go back a