“1st visit was amazing but disappointed after more visits”
Review of Amo Spa

Amo Spa
Ranked #10 of 122 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: AMO is the ultimate beauty spa in Bali situated right in the middle of Petitenget, Seminyak -- the hottest new neighborhood on the Island of the Gods. The beauty spa is two levels of simple clean lines, yet sophisticatedly lush treatments.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The very 1st time we visited Amo Spa in Seminyak (Year 2011, Sept) which was highly recommended by my girlfriend were simply amazing!
Everything was perfect! We did manicure, pedicure, oxygen facial /micro-dermabrasion, cream bath and massage and we felt so relaxed that we booked for a 2nd treatment on the last day of our 3 nights stay. The price was of course on a bit of high side but considering the place to have good service and use quality products, we didn’t mind paying more. The owner of the shop, Navia was really a nice person too, providing me with recommendations on what’s best for my nail colour etc… and making sure all of her customers were well taken care of.

Year 2012 in September, we were back in Bali and we booked Amo Spa again. We were so looking forward to this spa trip but things were different already. Everything was like the shop is closing for the day when we got there in the afternoon. We felt like we are being rushed all the time.
We did cream bath, manicure, pedicure and massage and the guy who did my sister's cream bath was just rushing into everything even while blow drying her hair. Most of us were not given sarong to wear except myself and we were just wondering, did they ran out of sarongs for all the customers? The mani and pedi, it feels like there’s only a few secs to choose your colour. When my sister took just slightly longer, it was met by an impatient face. I really don’t know why they had to rush us like that but we try to understand that maybe Amo Spa was busy during the time we visited so we just sort of brushed off all the rush to us and diligently paid for our services and tips to the crew.

Year 2013 in Feb which is recently, we were back in Bali and decided to try Amo Spa again (maybe its not that bad now?) There were 5 of us and we had Cream bath, mani and pedi and additional facial for my sister. Even my hubby came along this time round BUT again, we were being rushed at almost all the treatments. Some of us girls were not even given sarongs to wear. I asked the crew should I change to the sarong and she said no need cos I’m wearing a loose shirt. I didn’t like it as she had to pull my V neck shirt and my bra straps down onto my arm… same goes for my sister whose shirt has been pulled down as well. Honestly, I don’t think it would take long to change to the sarongs and besides, we all arrive slightly earlier for our appointments. Then came the tugging of my left arm when my head is under the steamer. The manicurist who was seated on the right could have moved to the other side but didn’t..The tugging was the same for my hubby too as i was seated just next to him and could see how uncomfortable he felt. My sister did a gelish french manicure and it wasn’t a great job as well. The manicurist was again impatient when my sister explained that the tips were too thick which was not supposed to be.

Overall, we felt that the standards has dropped and I'm not sure if we will go back a

There are newer reviews for Amo Spa

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Beautifully trained staff, great salon, so professional. Not 'cheap' by Bali standards but worth every single cent, would have paid treble in Aus for less service and skill of the staff. Lovely, I always go out of my way to visit Amo Spa when in Bali and it never lets me down.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding trial and wedding makeup done by Navia and her amazing team! I felt like I was in the safest of hands and knew I would have beautiful makeup. The salon/spa is great and all the team were very professional! I highly recommend Amo Spa and will be definitely returning on my next Bali trip!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed across the road at the Kayana Villas so went over my second day and booked pedicures and manicures for me and my husband really good. Also went back and had facial and creme hair bath. This place is fully air con so know sweating out why having treaments which I loved. Pricing really good and staff really lovely. Also this place sells all types of stuff sun glasses , jewellery etc. Will be back when staying in area again.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went there for a massage and was amazed by the service...enjoyed it so much that I returned to get a facial, mani and pedicure...totally recommend the experience. It's quality time with oneself.