All reviews mang sri private pool main pool outdoor bathroom small resort free shuttle to the beach busy seminyak the main street boutique hotel bintang supermarket an oasis complimentary massage tucked away the hustle and bustle mosquito net breakfast was delicious our honeymoon
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 1, 2014

After 12 visits to Bali and stays at numerous 5 star villas and resorts, I would have to say that Blue Karma was very disappointing. The main pool, gardens, Wi-Fi and restaurant are fabulous, the staff are very accommodating without being annoying and the lighting is beautiful, that is where the praise ends. We travelled with another couple and checked in at the same time but were given completely different villas. Our villa was a bedroom, small bathroom and plunge pool that I named the puddle. The other couple's villa had a lounge room, kitchen, separate bedroom and large bathroom with a huge bath. We booked at the same time and paid the same amount for our villas, so to say that I was unimpressed is an understatement. After voicing my displeasure, we were moved to another villa that was equally as small but had a table a chairs outside so at least we had somewhere to sit instead spending all of our time inside the bedroom. These villas do not get any sun so the pool was too cold to use, this is one of the main reasons we book private villas. The staff used an area directly next to our villa so we had no privacy as the stairs they use look straight into our villa, not to mention their chatting, coughing/spitting and moving around in general ruined any chance of peace and quiet. I feel that they are confused between being a resort/hotel or villa and should have gone with one or the other. The other alternative is to book a suite at nearly half the price, we went through one of the upstairs suites, they are very small with cement décor but perfect as the main area is the highlight.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank moocam
Fred N, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Moocam, Many thanks for your feedback and we are delighted of your positive comments on our pool, gardens and restaurant. Sorry to hear about your disappointment in our villas, which are indeed all different. Our team was quick to apologise onsite and move you to another larger villa complimentary. We have taken your feedback seriously in regards to the access of the villa and have talked to our team to ensure this doesn't happen again. We trust we will have the chance of accommodating you in the future and let you experience the peace and quiet that everyone raves about. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We recently stayed at the Blue Karma Hotel in the 4 bedroom villa. The Villa was spacious, each bedroom had it's own bathroom and there were two large living areas. The location is great with plenty of good resturants within walking distance. The staff were great and nothing was too much trouble. Loved it would recommend and defiantly stay again.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is the most expensive hotel I've ever stayed in so for me a rare experience - though perhaps not so rare for others. I usually go much more down market preferring to spend my time and money doing the sights, shopping, travelling. I've never seen the value in spending on a hotel. I am getting older (eeekk!! big confession!!) so this time I wanted a place I could just chill: stay 'home' if I felt like and still feel on holiday. I hit the jackpot with this place. So calm. So complete. I spent whole days at the hotel - breakfast by the pool, spa treatment, lunch, the shared pool, naptime, movie time, reading by the the private pool, dinner. All perfect. Lots of staff to look after you but not bother you. Luxury space with my own pool. It's family friendly and there were families with children staying there but the hotel is small enough in terms of rooms, but big enough in space - or maybe it's the clever design - so that you're not disturbed by other guests. Others complained about the early rooster crowing but I didn't hear a thing. Loved my private plunge pool. The hotel is located just off a main shopping street and walking distance - about 15 mins - to the beach. A delicious breakfast was included and a shuttle to the beach at Seminyak is available. I'll definitely go back to the Blue Karma.

Room tip: I think the room was called 'Lemon'?? I didn't look at all the rooms but it would be hard to pick a bad one. The one upstairs was I think the only single but it didn't have a private pool.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you so much Jennifer for your Wow :) It was a pleasure for the team to let you experience the peace and quiet offerings of Blue Karma in our calm cosy surroundings and that you made use of all our facilities. Glad your stay was fantastic and we look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Blue Karma is an excellent hotel! A wonderful location, beautiful rooms and spa, a lovely bar, swimming pool and a wonderful staff. I will definitely go there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a small, boutique style hotel.

Room tip: The Rose suite is wonderful, but the private pool rooms are definitely the best!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Jojo,, Wonderful to have you stay with us and the team thanks you for your beautiful comments on our award wining property. Come back and indeed ensure to book one of our pool villa for that extra add-on luxury. See you soon