“Couple of days in Bali”
Review of Blue Karma Hotel

Blue Karma Hotel
Ranked #21 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Blue Karma well situated for easy access to Main Street in Seminyak. We had previously checked out Blue Karma so everything was as we expected. Two storey fills arranged around a very nice pool. Functionally adaptable design allows lower two bed units to be linked to upper third bedroom via internal staircase or locked off allowing upper story to be used independently. Double rooms all have small private plunge pools.
Staff were pleasant and helpful at all times and check in was efficient. Room we had was "ginger", located on 2nd floor and was large, comfortable bed with air conditioner (not the best but sufficient to keep room coolish ). Outdoor bathroom and daybed were very good.
WiFi was a bit hit and miss maybe we were too remote from source but certainly have had much better in Bali. Only stayed two nights and breakfast was OK nice creeps, omelettes or eggs were offered with fruit, cereal and breads etc.
Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and knowing you enjoyed the functionality of the resort structure and facilities coupled with our outstanding service. We are very proud of our team and their hospitality. Come back again soon

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Blue Karma was hidden down a little side street off the main shopping strip. Close to everything, but a little oasis away from the hustle and bustle. Can't say enough nice things about the sweet, always helpful staff. The only down side was the crowing roosters that wolk us up most morning from a near by property, but I think that's just Bali.Property was clean and very well maintained and the pool was just lovely. Would highly recommend to my family and friends.

Selamat Siang Josie,
Thank you for the nickname of Oasis we are indeed in a perfect location and as mentioned also in amongst the local community and their animals :) which is also the charm of Seminyak. The entire team thanks you for your sweetness and very much look forward to hosting you again soon

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great villas in a superb location. Staff made us feel at home as soon as we arrived all very friendly and couldnt help enough from making restaurant bookings to transfers. Breakfast simple but nice, not your full resort buffet. Rooms are very tidy and clean and my only criticism was from our room which was the closest to the main road you could hear the night club music from the room at night. All in all i would happily stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Selamat Siang Thank you so much for sharing your views with us and travellers, it was a pleasure hosting you and delighted you enjoyed our facilities. See you again soon

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Based on my reading of comments on TripAdvisor, I think I had my expectations set too high. This is a fine, average hotel. I stayed three nights.
I got a room with a private pool - so it was a luxe offering, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. The pool was cleaned each day - but with overhanging trees, full of plant material by the afternoon. Also the tall walls that give you privacy, prevent sun getting in the pool, so it wasnt very warm.
The bar and breakfast area was quiet cramped and noisy, and the food fine and unremarkable.
Something I really didnt like was the outdoor bathroom. I expected an outdoor shower, but the whole bathroom inc toilet was outdoors, with no doors or anything. The effect was that the toilet lid had to be left down at all times, to prevent anything crawling in to it -- so in essence it was like an outhouse. Also, the outdoor shower has no walls - just a shower head from the "bathroom" ceiling, which means the heat isnt kept in - whatever of you is underwater is warm, and whatever is out is freezing.
We also had a night and morning without TV - or any TV replacement. The reception said that the TV service was out locally. I was irritated that they werent apologetic about it at all. They told us it would be fixed by midnight, but there was no clear way that they had divined this knowledge, and we suspected that person just got off at midnight. It wasnt fixed when we left the next morning and that there wasnt an alternate entertainment service.
Reception didnt seem to have any special knowledge for us. I asked to have them to order a taxi for me to get to the airport, but cancelled it when they told me how much that would cost. Instead, on the morning, I went to the main street and got a taxi there -- and it was 25% cheaper.
I may have super-sensitive hearing, but nightclub drumbeat kept me up one night til about 2am when I put earplugs in -- but my hubby slept through it, so maybe its me?
Ultimately, this is a fine, average hotel for people to stay in, but dont expect anything amazing.

3  Thank Princess_Mishka

Good afternoon and thank you for your review. We do apologise that your stay wasn't what you expected in terms of the design of the property and facilities we provide. Our sincere apologies for the local tv network being down, this was indeed a regional inconvenience which affected all our properties. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts which have been passed to our team. Regards

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This gorgeous ethnic resort was just what we needed for our few days in Seminyak. We were travelling with our 8 month old and that staff were wonderful. They gave our bub so much attention and love that it made us feel so welcome and almost part of their resort family. The cot they arranged was the best we had in Bali and the facilities are gorgeous.

Breakfast was pleasant and the bar/restaurant staff attentive.

They also have a golf cart which takes you to the beach in just a few minutes.

The highlight of our stay however was the spa- we had a complementary massage as a part of a deal with accommodation. We were so lucky to have the free try as we may not have used the spa as it was a little more expensive than other resorts we had stayed in however the massages were the best by far. I had three treatments in three days and my husband had two.
So many of the massages I had were as though a routine and that was it, Tami most certainly was more skilled and educated in this field than this. He cares about his clients and even came in earlier than when his shift was due to start to give me a treatment before we went to the airport. If you are staying at BK be sure to book a treatment with Tami!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much Holly for your lovely feedback. It was a pleasure for the team to look after you and your little one during your visit and we are delighted to read of your very positive feedback on our hospitality. We strive for the well being and enjoyment of our guests.
Happy to hear of such great comments about the spa which we will pass onto the team members . Hoping to host you again soon

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We spent the last 7 nights here,of our 13 on Bali this year.

It is a lovely quiet place to stay and you'd never know that the busy thoroughfare of Jayal Legian is a minute walk from the reception of the hotel. All the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is more than adequate, especially the Crepes. :-)

It is very well kept and very clean and the pool is a delight to have a dip in. I will say however, in our room ( one of the one bedroom apartments ) the balcony is tiny. So why they have a sun lounger up there instead of a simple chair with a table confused me a little. The sun lounger would surely be better utised around the pool area when it gets a little busy.
That said, I would recommend the Blue Karma to anyone wishing to visit Seminyak. Our room was Musc.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you so much Dave for your lovely feedback, delighted to hear your 7 days with us were wonderful. Hope you will return soon

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The Room:

We spent 6 Days over at the Frangipani Room. A beautifully crafted room perfect for honeymoon. The room comes with an indoor swimming pool, TV, DVD player and lots of peace and quiet. I get to spend good quality time to unwind. The staffs there were also very friendly and did my room every night. Special thanks to all the staffs who decorated my room for the Honeymoon theme. It was beautiful and a special surprise for my wife.

The Food:

The complimentary breakfast spread was quite filling however, the variety could be improved. A very cosy dining area overlooking the pool and greeneries. Somewhat like dining in a garden. Brings you much closer to nature.

The Location:

Situated about 10 mins away from Denpasar Airport and Kuta Beach, you probably could get a driver to bring you around or rent a motorcycle for a daring experience around the busy rounds. Shopping is also a 3-min walk outside the hotel. You can find casual clothes, branded outfits, restaurants and even halal hawker stalls nearby. There's also Bintang Supermarket for you to stock up your cup noodles and chips.

Conclusion:

A great place if you are looking for a quiet, peaceful and romantic getaway.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anwar_Wayne

Selamat Siang, Thank you so much for sharing your positive and enjoyable honeymoon experience with us. It was a pleasure for the team to be part of it and let you both enjoy fully your time away. See you again soon