“Excellent Hotel 2013”
Review of Blue Karma Hotel

Blue Karma Hotel
Ranked #21 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Absolutely amazing! I have been to Bali numerous times before and stayed in some fairly nice hotels/villas. Blue Karma by far tops the list. Immaculate rooms, spectacular grounds and the service is that of the highest quality. I can honestly recommend this as one of the best Resorts in Bali, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: A villa would be the most suitable choice for a family or a someone traveling with friends. They als...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack P
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hi Jack, Cheers for your great feedback, a pleasure having you and that you enjoyed the property and grounds. Looking forward to hosting you again soon, the BK Team

There are newer reviews for Blue Karma Hotel

Reviewed February 9, 2013

On arrival we were welcomed by very cheery hotel staff and given a welcome drink. The receptionist explained our booking to us and gave us our free 15 minute massage vouchers and then showed us to our room.
We had a friend staying for one night so booked a triple room which came complete with a private pool!
The room was big and very deceptive from the outside, everything was clean and we had everything we needed. I loved the evening turn down service which pulled the net round the MASSIVE double bed. The bathroom was half outside which was lovely and had a big double sink with mirror. The bath itself was gorgeous although the shower had to be held as the bath was the real feature also it did become slippery once someone had used the bath/shower.
Location wise I think for us it was the wrong side of Seminyak although it was cheap to get a taxi to where we wanted to go and back. Complimentary afternoon cakes were nice as were the (paid for) vanilla ice cream iced latte. The 15 minute massage was probably the best I had on the whole trip it's a shame though that I didn't have time for a longer one.

Room Tip: Ground floor next to the swimming pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ChloeBo
fred n, Public Relations Manager at Blue Karma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Selamat Siang ChloeBo, Many thanks for your feedback, we are delighted to hear you have rated us so high and enjoyed our resort and cheery staff. We look forward to welcoming back to experience longer massages - Warmest regards, The BK Team

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent 4 nights and 5 days at Blue Karma in a one bedroom pool villa. After reading the raving reviews I thought I would try this new hotel, with high expectations!! I’m regularly travelling to Bali from Australia for a design business.

When first walking into the resort, The Blue Karma was visually stunning!... the main area of the hotel, pool and breakfast setting can not be faulted! and I think this is Blue Karma's main selling point!
The drinks, juices, coffee and breakfast all fantastic and can't be faulted.
The other Food at the hotel (room service) lunch and snacks were very average. I think I ordered the food out of convenience after work most nights, but would not rave on about it at all...the raw food was really bad and the vegetables had zero flavour... the salad's were lack-luster and tiny portions. The sauces and dressings on food had no flavour and were sweet.. The mie-goreng was ok but this is a Bali standard. this is about the only thing I ordered again on the menu.

The Room I booked 1 bed pool villa called 'Lemon villa'. Bit of a lemon.. hehe. I think they called it a 'villa' but was more like a suite, not an individual dwelling. The room was very small in comparison to other villas I have stayed at for the same price in the area. A very dark, dusky room, very few windows, with very small plunge pool and deck with enough room for only 1 deck chair. I think maybe this is the worst room in the hotel for layout and light and there are probably better options. There was a staircase to a connecting villa above me I could here people going up and down the stairs. I could have heard a pin drop in the room above me! Sometimes it sounded like the people were so close and loud they were in the same room!! annoying and a little freaky!!! sound proofing needed here.

The bathroom was outside, nice big bath, no shower? just a shower hose.. but no hose holder/stand to act as a normal shower head which most people would prefer than having to run a bath or rinse them selves off with a hose to get clean. The rooms/villas/common areas were on top of each other so much so that you could hear others bodily movements, need I say no more. Ewww. Maybe sound proofing/privacy needed here too.

Finally I would like to talk about the staff. The men and women working around the pool bar and restaurant were lovely and doing a great job. But the staff at the reception spoke bad English and the front desk manager (male) was very cold and dismissive. After spending over $900 at this hotel and 5 days staying there... at the least I would except a friendly goodbye and walk out to my taxi right near reception.

There are currently better options in Seminyak area for $200 per night. If think Blue Karma has the potential to be a great hotel with a few improvements... I'm sure these are mainly just teething problems. But currently I would not say Blue Karma was an amazing hotel or good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kimisani

Selamat Siang Kimisani, Many thanks for your review and feedback which have been taken into account and shared with all our departments for future upgrades and new product offering. We are sorry we weren't able to satisfy your stay on this occasion and may have the chance of hosting you again in the future. Warmest Regards, the BK Team

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Blue Karma and were pleased with the choice, but we were slightly disappointed after such great reviews. We found it to be a well-kept, very attractive design complex, with primitive art from Southeast Asia throughout. (This is not designed to reflect the unique Hindu/Balinese art we see everywhere else.)It has a very nice design pool and garden area.It is not close to the beach.(10-15 min walk)
The units are also of a more modern unique design, but some people may find polished cement floors and earth tone plaster walls a little cold and it reminded me of the same trend used in modern urban retail outlets. The lighting is a very interesting and the bathroom fixtures are high-end, but the wall art is only poor quality inkjet prints of modern art.
When we arrived we noticed the toilet was not thoroughly cleaned, we were missing a towel, and three lights (of perhaps sixteen) were not operating. These problems were corrected promptly. Insect repellant was sprayed inside rooms in the evenings, maybe because the door had a 2 cm gap under it.
Breakfasts were very nicely presented, with a nice variety of fruit, juice and tea or coffee, cold cereal, cooked eggs with bacon and tomato, in a variety of breads and some muffins.
Service for breakfast and at the reception desk was great, however, when we were checking out, I was puzzled why they offered to arrange for a taxi to the airport at a 50% higher cost from the standard taxi rate. It took me five minutes to flag a Bluebird taxi (the best taxi company in this area) on the street outside the hotel .I guess some service comes with an additional price.
A very nice place but not perfect.

2  Thank gnc-canada

Siang Gnc, Thank you for your review and feedback which we have passed to our team for future improvements. Our private modern fleet car transfers are outsourced and door to door therefore incur higher fees than traditional on the road taxis and we value giving our guests the options. Glad you enjoyed our new Food&Beverage and breakfasts offers and we look forward to welcoming you again as we enter our second year of operation with new products and services. Warmest regards from the BK Team.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This personalized boutique hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Seminyak, a stones throw from all your hearts desires in this area of Bali. Immaculately kept, with lush surroundings and heartfelt service, Blue Karma offers you the very best in Balinese hospitality. Ideal for people who want to be centrally located but tucked away from all the hustle n bustle. The fabulous garden surrounding the poolside bar and lounging area provides for a perfect serene and relaxing backdrop suitable to every creature comfort. Don't be shy about exploring the restaurant's menu in its entirety; especially the creative selection of healthy life-renewing smoothies! The entire staff are perfectly attentive with wonderfully warm smiles. We will definitely return!!

2  Thank roxipod
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Unfortunetly I didn't stay here, but fortunately found this beautiful boutique hotel and restaurant located down a small gang off the main street and had 2 beautiful meals here. I did take a look at the Villa's and they are just divine. Do yourself a favour and check this place out before you book anywhere else.
The location is perfect, in the middle of the best shops and restaurants in southern Bali and not too far from the beach, yoga and great day spa's. It is like walking into a Vogue Magazine, the staff are so friendly, everything is clean and perfectly kept. Also has a gorgeous boutique. Will be booking in on my next time to Bali. I work as a Travel Agent and will have no hesitation in recommending this property.

Room Tip: A ground floor close to the pool would be nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracey G
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My partner and I have recently returned from a 6 night stay at Blue Karma in Seminyak; our first trip to Bali since we were kids. We thoroughly enjoyed Blue Karma, it was relaxing, great value for money, the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was huge! We stayed in a one bedroom suite (Rose) and loved the spacious nature of it, the view over the pool, the big, comfortable bed and the overall ambience of the room.

We enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning which was good. However, my partner is a big eater and would have liked to have both the special and the eggs without paying as he preferred to eat both. We also had afternoon tea one afternoon by the pool which was great as well as a lunch and a few cocktails along the way.

The best thing about this hotel is it's serenity, and true Balinese feel, for a few days while we were staying there was only us and another couple in the hotel and by the end of the week, the hotel was booked but it never felt busy, overcrowded.

The staff at Blue Karma were very helpful, booking restaurants and spa treatments (used both the inhouse and other spas in Seminyak) and the location of the hotel meant that it was an easy walk to both Kuta and the heart of Seminyak and Krebokkan for eateries.

We loved this hotel so much so that we are planning a larger family holiday in 6 months and plan to go back to Blue Karma!

6  Thank diana0504