“enjoyed every second”
Review of Maca Villas & Spa

Maca Villas & Spa
Ranked #31 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were in October 2012 on holiday for relaxing and on tour in bali, my wife and I enjoyed the time in maca villa, we stay there 7 nights. In all, staff, food and the villas was excellent! The swimming pool, the breakfast and lunch was very good !!. The villa is clean and well cared for. The pool is lovely, after breakfast, it is nice to take a swim. You have a lot of privacy and if you have extra bottles of water needed than they regulate that right.The staff is very friendly and always helpful. The spa massage was very good. Als the BBQ night was excellent, the food and the dansers.The location is very good and if is to far, call a taxi and he is in a minute to bring you where you want. Near by is a square with many restaurants and the food is very good. The location is very beautiful and also the people there, very friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Gustav E,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback on the TripAdvisor. It gives us great pleasure in reading your superlative review post your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the BBQ dinner with the Balinese performance, I hope you have a chance to dance with the dancers.

I have shared your words of praise and encouragement with all the team members at Maca. It is nice to know that all the small touches offered by the employee during your visit created such a positive impact

Once again we all thank you for your superb review and look forward to welcoming you back at Maca for another memorable holiday.

Yoga iswara

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in Maca Villas during April this year. I cannot speak highly enough of the 6* service we received from a team of staff who could not do enough for us during our stay. The villas themselves are found along an enchanting path of plush flora, and our walled villa, with its own private pool, was our own little oasis. Honestly, if you’re going to visit Seminyak and you want some pampering and luxury accommodation don’t think any further than the Maca Villas.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel L,

Thank you very much for your wonderful compliments in this review. We are truly appreciative of you taking the time to share your great experience.

Firstly I have to admit that I am so honoured that you have rated us for the 6 * service. It is always nice to be able to share such wonderful comments with the employees.

I am exceptionally glad to read your comment on our friendly staff as well as your recommendation of our villas for the Seminyak destination, really superb compliment for us.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Maca Villas & Spa in the near future for some more pampering.

With very best regards from all the Team at Maca,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have recently arrived home after staying 10 days at a most wonderful boutique hotel.

Booking online with them was a breeze. I was most appreciative of the photo that was emailed of the driver who was going to pick us up at the airport. He had positioned himself right at the front and right in front of the exit area. There was a huge crowd of drivers but he was the first face we saw and recognised him immediately.

The villa was spacious and had sun in the morning on the outside lounge area. We opened all the sliding doors so the inside area felt like an extension of the outside. Air-conditioning was only needed at night as the ceiling fans kept the temperature to a comfortable level during the day. Each villa was totally private and the high walls kept any noise from adjoining villas to a murmur.

The food from the restaurant was so good we didn't eat anywhere else. Breakfast was included and was your choice from an a-la-carte menu. This could be eaten at the restaurant or delivered to your villa. The service at the restaurant was second to none. One morning we had an early start for a tour and the restaurant was opened early for us so we could eat before being picked up for our tour at 7am.

The staff are wonderful. Starting from the first morning we were greeted by name by all the staff that we saw, whether it was the room service staff, the restaurant staff or the ground keeping staff. This added a personal touch that isn't found in a chain hotel or resort. Any requests that we had were fulfilled promptly and with a huge smile. Nothing was too much trouble. We did not see one face that didn't break into a smile whenever we saw them.

The road out the front is not sealed, but that added character to the villas. It is an oasis of luxury. The road is not suitable for prams or strollers , but no roads in the Seminyak area are suitable. If you do have young children, then a taxi would be the best option. They are constantly driving past and are very cheap (10,000 rupiah or US$1 to Seminyak Square shopping area and "Eat Street")

If you are looking for a touch of luxury with personalised attention, then Maca Villas is the place for you!

1  Thank simpfen
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Simpfen,

WOW…I can not start to thank you enough for the excellence review you have just posted.

It is through valuable feedback such as yours that enable us to constantly monitor and improve our operation. I was happy to know how beautiful you found the Villa along with its facilities, the food quality at our Mase Kitchen & Wine Bar, and indeed all the small touches offered by the employee during your visit.

Once again thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback on Trip Advisor, your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for the service excellence.

Please let me know when your plans bring you back to Maca as I would be delighted to assist to make your future visits even more memorable.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at Maca Villas for 9 nights in late June 2013. This was our first time in Bali and what a truely magical experience it was to be spending it at Maca Villas. Maca Villas were a sanctuary for us from the hussle and bussle of Seminyak. The location is perfect just off a main street (Jalan Petitenget) with fabulous staff to greet you at all times.
The staff were exceptional the Villas were beautiful. I had uploaded the images of the Villas on my phone to get me through the last weeks of work before we got away and they were exactly what we experienced. The food, pool, day spa all exceptional. We were treated like friends. I have never experienced such warm hospitality. An extra big thank you to Noyman, Yogi, Eka, Agus, and all the wonderful staff, for making us feel so incredibly welcome. Maca Villas are worth every cent!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jojostripey,

A millions thank for your wonderful review!

We have been very fortunate to have you with us and I was delighted to read what a great experience you had at Maca, especially this was your first visit to Bali.

I certainly hope that Maca has contributed to some fond memories that you can hold dearly to and really appreciate your support of our Team.

Your comments about our Team are duly noted. I will share this wonderful feedback with all the Team especially Nyoman, Yogi, Eka & Agus. I am sure that our team will be thrilled to know the positive impact they made upon your stay.

We look forward of having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon on our Sanctuary.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at Maca Villas and loved everything about it.

Our villa and pool were very spacious and great to relax in. The rooms were nicely decorated and very private. We couldn't see or hear anyone during our stay. The bathroom was very large and luxurious.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant everyday and loved the food and drinks. Of course, the coffee was great. But, we weren't expecting fresh juices every morning. We highly recommend the watermelon!

Every member of the staff is very friendly and professional. They took very good care of us!

On our last day, we enjoyed a 1-hour massage in the spa. It was a great way to end our stay.

We're looking forward to staying at Maca Villa again!

1  Thank MeguroRiver
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Meguro River,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback about us on Trip Advisor. It is always nice to be able to share such wonderful comments with the employees. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed the villas along with the service levels of all the employees.

In addition, It was nice to know how much you enjoyed your massage at our Spa, hopefully the treatment provide you with a total relaxation and rejuvenation within the peace and tranquility of our spa facility.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent a week at Maca Villas and it was so lovely, the villas were just gorgeous, the setting was divine, the staff were warm and friendly, everything was just beautiful. Private villas made it feel as though we were the only ones there! Beautiful big bathroom, comfortable king bed , the whole villa has huge glass sliding doors that open out to the pool and deck, day bed too. The tropical gardens are lush, lovely water features, colourful fish and daily offerings outside our door. Breakfast was included each day and we had a choice of eating in our villa or at the restaurant by the pool. This place is perfect for couples , its quiet and away from the busy streets but a short taxi ride into the shopping areas. We plan to return next year!!

1  Thank Hollykins101
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Hollykins 101,
I was delighted to read what a great experience you had at Maca during your recent visit. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
It is through valuable feedback such as yours that enable us to constantly monitor and improve our operation. I was happy to know how beautiful you found the Villa and indeed many couples choose Maca as their honeymoon escape. Set amongst lush tropical landscaping and designed for total privacy and capture the true essence of a Bali holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you back next year or perhaps even sooner.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the minute we starting communicating by email with Maca Villas they did everything they could to ensure our stay was perfect. We stayed for 7 nights and took the option of a 6pm check out for a half day villa fee.

Our family consists of me & my wife, our 4 year old and 18 month old. Maca Villas accommodated us in a pool villa, with a portacot (free) and an extra single bed ($20 USD) all in the bedroom. We thought we would be cramped.....we weren't. The villa is spacious, has a huge bathroom with bath, shower, double vanity, TV, telephone, toilet with bidet. The lounge spills into the pool which is great, the pool is shaded so is fairly cool but once you were in it was fine. I think southerners would find it perfect.

Everyone is so friendly at the resort, from the gardeners to the drivers and receptions staff. We had a different butler daily and each one was so courteous.

We ordered room service a lot because we didn't want our small kids annoying others in the restaurant, the food was great, we never had a poorly cooked meal. Some choices were spicier than others but that was our fault.

There is free complimentary bottles of water which are constantly refilled. Like I said, nothing is ever a drama.

The bed is firm and usually I don't like a firm bed but I had a great night sleep most nights, it was really nice.

Overall I cannot fault Maca Villas. I have read about the road out front and the issues and yes it flooded one day we were there after a huge storm. The road base has been laid and the hot mix should go on shortly, those concerned about this shouldn't be.

The location is great, less than $5 cab fare to Legian and most cab fares around Seminyak are the minimum payment of $2.50 (sometimes the cabbies ask for this, sometimes they don't, I gave them this even when less).

If you are going to Bali and this is in budget then stay here, you wont regret it. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Yoga I, General Manager at Maca Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear wemarriedinvegas,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us recently and thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us on Trip Advisor.
It was nice to know how much you and family enjoyed your time at Maca and I will be sure to share your feedback with all the team, they will be delighted to know the positive impact they made upon your stay. It is nice to know that all the small touches offered by the employee during your visit created such a positive impact.
Thank you for mentioning about the road, agreed this issue will no longer exist as the hot mix is currently in the finishing stage and expect to be completed by end of this month.
I am very happy to hear you are planning a return visit with your family to Maca and would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay.