“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maya Sayang

Maya Sayang
Ranked #92 of 506 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Maya Sayang is a restaurant that Serves variety kind of food which mainly Japanese cuisine, but due to the market demand, we also serves Balinese Cuisine, Italian Cuisine, and Western Cuisine. We are newly renovated with the completely new vibe and experience. We will ensure the highest food quality and we take the complaint seriously to improve and make sure you had the best from us. We are looking forward to seeing you here.
England
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We've eaten here a number of times over the years and always found it to be amazing. I was dragged here by my fiancée a few years ago along with my deep suspicion of all foods fishy, and refused to eat any sushi - right up until her food arrived and I nibbled a corner... Since then we come back at every opportunity!

The sashimi is divine and having worked through most of the menu now, we have yet to find anything we don't like. In addition the service is second to none - they effortlessly manage to remember what we ate/drank on the last visit, and any odd requests from my fussy wife!

Oddly, because its just off the Main Street (literally 50 feet) it seems to get overlooked, and taxi drivers struggle to find it. Just get to mediocre Mykonos (not worth eating at), walk past with Mykonos on your left and take the next little street on your left, Maya Sayang is just up here on the left.

• Visited April 2013

• Indonesian first
Oxford, UK
“Very nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed right next to the restaurant and didn't know it had so many good reviews until I searched around on TA for a nice Japanese meal. It's just off the main road so you wouldn't really notice it unless you know where you are going. But wow, what a meal!

For starters, we had some goyza dumplings and some satays - both were very tasty, really liked the source that came with the satay. I had the sashimi mix and soba noodles with tempura (upgraded to all prawns instead of prawn and veg mix) for main and my other half had the beef stroganoff Japanese style with rice - we both cleared our food in record time! One thing I'm very skeptical with having Japanese food in South East Asia is the restaurant not using fresh fish. I am from HK originally so I know what fresh fish should taste like and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

If you decide to go for this restaurant, please have the fruit jelly - I haven't been so excited about jello since I was a kid! It wasn't just jelly from a mix, it's made with fresh tropical fruit juice and it was DELICIOUS!

To make it even better, the bill was only £30!!! £30!! You won't find that sort of quality at that price in the UK for sure.

Please please please if you like Japanese food like I do, give them a try, you won't regret it!

• Visited March 2013
Adelaide
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seminyak's hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We read a review about this place, found it and were absolutely amazed. Amazing service by wayan, he is a truly suburb cocktail maker. They were so cheap!! Between 6pm-9pm are half price cocktails and you choose from 40 off the menu.
Take my advice, order any cocktail, tempura prawns and the Japanese satay sticks and you will have a great cheap night!!

1 Thank Anna66chocolate
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“TOP Japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was one of the best diners we had in Seminyak. Esp. when you look at the prices. Here you can have top japanese food for a very normal rate. You can eat on the veranda, little away from the buzy street..A place to check out!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Markvandegrift
nsw australia
“Great cocktails and delicious flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not a real Japanese lover, was a little nervous at first. The happy hour cocktails are sensational and the food delicious and fresh. Lovely variety and lots of different styles - not,all raw! Either for a cocktail or a. Mea., you can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2013